Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Clemson vs Troy opener conversation

Default Clemson vs Troy opener conversation

Hey everyone. This is my first thread on here. I was browsing the web and came across this link below. Its basically people talking smack about Troy playing Clemson this year as an opener. We all know how bad we want to beat them...i figured i would share it with y'all to get in the conversation as well. Links below (hope i did this right) Go Trojans!

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/conver...meId=312460228
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he's exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi

wow, sounds like some of the clemson homers are really upset about being told they might get upset. let them continue to give us no credit whatsoever, and when we go in there and hang 50 on them and walk away with a w they will respect us
    A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.
    -- Bud Grant

GO TROJANS!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigguyonright View Post
    wow, sounds like some of the clemson homers are really upset about being told they might get upset. let them continue to give us no credit whatsoever, and when we go in there and hang 50 on them and walk away with a w they will respect us
    We say that every year. But for some reason, this one feels different. They ended the season blown out by an in state rival and a bowl loss, as well as a losing record. We had a three game win streak and a bowl demolishment of a team we "weren't supposed to beat." I'd say the momentum is on our side. This isn't the same team that played South Carolina, and Clemson will probably look at that blowout (as well as ULM and FIU losses) and underestimate us. This is also in Troy's favor. They'll look at our defense, and won't realise we've added a lot of key JUCO transfers: Brynden Trawick (S), Angelo Hadley (S), David Whitmore (CB), Xavian Evans (DE), Corey Johnson (WR), and Montrell Conner (RB). Some guys like Barry Valcin (S) will be back from injury to add to the fire.

It just feels different than most years.
    Last edited by TroyFootball05; 05-11-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFootball05 View Post
    We say that every year. But for some reason, this one feels different. They ended the season blown out by an in state rival and a bowl loss, as well as a losing record. We had a three game win streak and a bowl demolishment of a team we "weren't supposed to beat." I'd say the momentum is on our side. This isn't the same team that played South Carolina, and Clemson will probably look at that blowout (as well as ULM and FIU losses) and underestimate us. This is also in Troy's favor. They'll look at our defense, and won't realise we've added a lot of key JUCO transfers: Brynden Trawick (S), Angelo Hadley (S), David Whitmore (CB), Xavian Evans (DE), Corey Johnson (WR), and Montrell Conner (RB). Some guys like Barry Valcin (S) will be back from injury to add to the fire.

It just feels different than most years.
    Agreed!!! Dont let losing JJ wory yall!!! There is plenty to pick up his slack and a stable to boot. Not to mention that RObinson Youngin!! I expect big things from our D this yr!!

What i like about these juco transfers we are bringing in is that they have ALOT of experience in they're position (which showed during spring).... i think this is going to be a positive for our performance this year, especially on defense...which like you said may be overlooked.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he's exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi

I'm glad itll be on ESPN3. now we can watch our trouncing of them.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Let them believe what they want to believe. They see it as an automatic win for the home team. At the worst, this is a money game for us. We have nothing to loose.

I kind of see this game as redemption for our last trip to the state of SC and think our guys will really be up. I do believe this year's Troy team will have possibly the best potential ever. Yeah, JJ will be missed but there are some fine athletes to fill the void on the O. Our defensive secondary has to show up to have a chance. I'll be there and believe we'll all walk out with our heads high.

Welcome TrojanLB08...I post on ESPN sometimes and I've just posted on that thread again...It was kinda slow, but is picking up some. Let's try to keep these interesting threads going because it seems like forever until the season starts!
    Last edited by trojanbrutha; 05-11-2011 at 04:49 PM.

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    Welcome TrojanLB08...I post on ESPN sometimes and I've just posted on that thread again...It was kinda slow, but is picking up some. Let's try to keep these interesting threads going because it seems like forever until the season starts!
    Hey guys, just got this inquiry from Scouts and I do not care to apply for their request but thought some of you out there might find the request interesting and right down your publishing portfolio. Good luck, we need a great Troy rep. speaking up for Troy.

ear ghostrider3141@bellsouth.net (trojan3141),

Scout.com is planning to broaden its coverage and re-launch this site as part of our college network in the coming months.

With that, we are currently looking for a publisher for our Troy site.

This position is perfectly suited for someone who loves covering sports, and in particular, Troy athletics. In addition, hundreds of people make their living or have a second income by covering their local universities or professional teams on the internet.

If you are interested, please email us at info@scout.com. Tell us a bit about yourself, and why you may be the perfect fit to be the publisher of Scout's Troy Site.

If you know of any good Troy sites on the internet currently please feel free to let us know as well.

Scout hopes to install a new publisher and re-launch this site soon.

Thank you,
    Scout.com
    !“Winning is not a sometime thing: it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” — Vince Lombardi

Thread Information