Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS To Feature Dr. Long

Default CBS To Feature Dr. Long

http://www.buzzmontgomery.com/news/l...n-monday/20671

CBS Evening News with Katie Couric has announced that they are sending reporters Steve Hartman (from CBS Sunday Morning) and Lauren Wanko (from The Early Show) to the campus of TROY University to record segments of the Southeast Alabama Community Band rehearsal in Long Hall, under the baton of legendary bandmaster Dr. Johnny Long.

FliryVorru is offline GTT All-SBC Team GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Awesome.

Glad that Dr. Long is getting some national attention before he's off to the great band room in the sky. Hate to be morbid, but when you get to that age it's just one of those lingering things you think about every once in a while.
    Last edited by FliryVorru; 05-02-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: I kan't speell
    SOTS '03-'07: What do we want?!?! GOOD SAX!!!

Strive for the Highest, and All Hail!

"I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody. That's a long way for a lineman to run." - DeWhitt Betterson on Junior Louissaint running for a TD against Missouri

When/where will this be shown?

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    When/where will this be shown?
    Don't know. If I find out before the broadcast, I'll be sure to post here.

JGrimsley
    Troy University Band Alumni
    SOTS 91-97

CBS 8 in Montgomery did a story about the feature:

http://www.waka.com/component/content/article/7264.html

From the CBS 8 Troy Newsroom-- CBS Evening News with Katie Couric has sent Reporter Steve Hartman to Troy University to do a story about the legacy of the Southeast Alabama Community Band.

Members of the Southeast Alabama Community Band are traveling hundreds of miles every week just to rehearse together, and CBS Evening News Reporter Steve Hartman says that loyalty has caught his attention.

The Southeast Alabama Community Band is being heard all the way in New York City, but the music wasnít all Hartman was hearing.

"What intrigued me about this band was that itís just not people from Troy. Itís people from Montgomery. And not just Montgomery. Not just Alabama, but they drive in from Florida and from Georgia," Hartman tells CBS 8.

Hartman is stopping by the community bandís Monday night rehearsal on Troy Universityís campus to find out why so many are traveling the far distance to play with the community bandís director Johnny Long.....

Thank you very much Trojan warrior!!!!! Dr. Long is a legend! Sometimes we don't know what we have!!!!!

ďYou want to be a Trojan? Be a Trojan.Ē -Larry Blakeney

Quote Originally Posted by troy4ever21 View Post
    Congratulations to a fine man and a Troy Legend! There is no better band in America than "The Sound of the South"! We go undefeated every year! Go Trojans...and SOTS!
    !ďWinning is not a sometime thing: itís an all the time thing. You donít win once in a while; you donít do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.Ē ó Vince Lombardi

I figured I might as well join since you guys were posting my packages from youtube! thats how i found you guys so.. guess i should say thanks! Hope you've enjoyed them

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSportsNow View Post
    I figured I might as well join since you guys were posting my packages from youtube! thats how i found you guys so.. guess i should say thanks! Hope you've enjoyed them
    That's a BIG 10-4 there buddy! Thanks for your hard work! You put a very good light on Dr. Long and the SOTS past and present!

BLOW SOTS!
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Thread Information