Thread: Coach Wes Bizilia

Default Coach Wes Bizilia

For you older Trojans who attended the university during the years from 1973-1983, many of you may remember our former basketball coach Wes Bizilia. I was told this evening by his son Kevin that Coach Bizilia has entered advanced stages of cancer and may not be with us much longer. It is also a possibility that Coach Bizilia's condition is such that he may not survive beyond the next week or so. For any of you who may have played for Coach Bizilia back in the day or may know someone who did and would like to contact the Bizilia family, please IM me here and I will give you Kevin's contact #. For the rest of us, let us pray for Coach and his family in their time of need. I remember Coach Bizilia back in those days and that he did his recruiting on the most strictest budget of all the colleges in Alabama.
    Lifetime Alumni Association member
    Metro Montgomery Alumni Association Board member
    Living Fossil
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Coach Bizilia was a great teacher, I had him and Coach Archer when I attended Troy for PE classes (back when they were required). I think he loved teaching as it always seemed like he enjoyed showing us how to develop the skills to master the techniques he was trying to train us on. We all need to pray for him and his family as this is a very difficult time for them all. He is a true Troy Trojan. I will never forget the great second half comeback against Jax State at Sartain Hall (I think we made up an 18 point deficit and won on the last play of the game). I never saw him smile any bigger than he did that night over 30 years ago!
    We love you Coach!
    Last edited by Troy79; 03-21-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Does Kevin still own that panini place in Auburn? If so, I'll stop by and tell him myself.

Default re:

Yes, he does. He was getting ready to head down to the coast to visit with his dad.
    Living Fossil

Default re:

Coach Bizilia passed away this past Wednsday. Funeral details have been listed in the obituaries of the Troy Messenger.
    Living Fossil

I hate to hear that. Is this the same Coach Bizilia that moved to Fairhope and coached and taught high school in the mid 80's?

Troy, AL :D (home again in L.A. after 33+ years in ATL! AWEsome)

Default Coach Wes Bizilia

Quote Originally Posted by Discophobia View Post
    I hate to hear that. Is this the same Coach Bizilia that moved to Fairhope and coached and taught high school in the mid 80's?

http://www.troymessenger.com/2011/03...chael-bizilia/
    Donna Salyers Brockmann
    BS Ed '79
    Troy State University

Honorary "T-Club" Member
    GO TROJANS!

Thread Information