Thread: Info on Troy Football

Default Info on Troy Football

Hey Folks,

Back from being on the road for two weeks. Bad news is I will soon move from Tally to New York. Can't turn down the promotion. Good news is I've booked my flights, tickets, and hotels for all five home games and the South Carolina game. I love Trojan Football.

Now, latest I've gotten from the sources. LB has trimmed his roster to the NCAA-mandated 105 players and all players have gone through testing (bench, squat, snatch, vertical leap, and 40). Big improvement among returning players and some really nice achievements by first year freshmen. We are looking good on the results achieved from the Summer conditioning program.

LB and MF started with 9 QBs and have trimmed the list. There are 4 QBs in the main team locker room. Meadows #12, Grant #13, Foster #14, and Dockery #9. Current word is obviously Meadows is the starter with Grant his backup, Dockery, then Foster. This is only based on Summer throwing. Once they hit pads, live action, etc., the order could change.

Offensive linemen looking very good. Some very promising, athletic linemen at redshirt freshmen and true freshmen.

Defense looking extremely good. Much improved fitness, speed, strength, and agility. Motors will be running high and hard.

More to come after tomorrow afternoon's 5PM official start of the season practice.

Navarre Trojan is offline GTT All-American GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Default Great Report

Big Time. Appreciate all the comments. NEW YORK CITY! - ARRRRRGGGGGGG better check your subway pass, it's real dicey up there.

Sounds like we are just where we need to be, flying low, under the radar. I like it. Can't wait to see your comments tomorrow.

Go Trojans
    "...The one ingredient we do have is speed, and that cures a lot of ills. Larry Blakeney
    Lifetime Alumni Association Member
    Trojan Warrior Council Member and Donor
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Member
    Trojan Shield Society

www.emeraldcoasttroyalumni.com

Small info change Big Time,

Meadows is #1. Dockery is #2 on the official 3-deep depth chart and Foster is #3. Banks will be given a small package of plays to work with in a pinch. This from LB Tuesday night.

Grant is in camp and on the roster, but is looked to RS as a freshman.

Thanks Troy87.

That is good info. My source is inside the circle, but differs from LB's statements. We'll see how it shakes out. Strange because Dockery is said to be struggling with the offense in the classroom where Grant has him and Foster hands down. Also Dockery has not been throwing at all because he has a 2-3:50PM class and misses the 2-3PM throwing every M-W. MF was said to be looking to redshirt Foster because he needs to put weight and strength on. 6'2, 172 pounds will average speed and arm won't get it at QB.

No matter what, I'm excited at the talent we have at the QB position. It is much, much better than we've had in years. We now have something to truly build on in these kids.

LB stated on Max Howell show today that 1.)Meadows, 2.) Dockery and some of what he called the "best walk-ons we have ever had", that could get into the mix.

One thing is for sure. This could all change if LB thinks the best chance is to use Grant instead of Dockery or Foster. Everyone thought Cattouse would be redshirted last year and wasn't, so they aren't afraid to use all the weapons if they have to....and this year they may have to.

This is great. I can see the excitment building. I'm getting pumped more and more each day and looking forward to our opening home game. I've been laying low on the board lately but following Trojan football scouting reports in the sports trades. This is by far the best source of info on what is really happening in the Trojan camp.

Keep the good intel coming. Also, I have a good scouting report done by a sports analyst that is in PDF format. Is there any way I can attach it inside a post, or do I just need to cut and paste the whole article?

Not much to disclose from yesterday's practice. Players were in shorts and helmets for three hours. Practice was spirited and you could tell the players were very happy to get it started. Practice in pads will start 10 August.

Defense is said to really look great. Players are better conditioned, faster, better attuned to the defensive schemes than last year at this same time.

Main focus is on running backs and QBs right now to replace what was lost. Quite a few battles shaping up. According to LB he has never had as much talent at RB, WR, and QB as he is sorting through right now. Having played during the Bradshaw/Tullis era at Troy and followed Troy for some time, this is probably the deepest talent at all positions Troy has ever had. LB seems to feel the same. There is a genuine excitement in LB and his staff. Many kids are young, but very athletic and talented. This spells potential for a breakout year and for some big years to come.

TSU59, are you attending practices this year? We could really use some other on-site observations. I'm getting my info from a staff member. Good, but better to have several eyes reporting.

Lots of new players and numbers to learn - thing that impressed me most is Carls' accuracy - don't believe I have seen that in last season or so - he is also good at looking off defenders and makes quick reads - usually good ones.
    It is clear to me that he is the starter right now without taking anything from the other QBs - looks like LB has lots of talent out there.

Still lots to observe this early on - looking forward to Wed. practice when they put on the pads.

Kudos to Ricky Hazel for his write ups this early on (see troy trojans web page) - I think some of us have been to hard on him before football season started - he did execellent job on baseball reports - if he provides more comments on football practice it will be great since he is closer to the source (and better writer).

Thread Information