Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scoring D under JR

Default Scoring D under JR

JR has been a DC for 6 years and here is the scoring D rank results. We will go with Scoring Defense since the score is what decides the game.
    2005 39th
    2006 55th
    2007 44th
    2008 33rd
    2009 92nd
    2010 90th so far

Anyone that has been keeping up with Troy knows the Academic and Depth issues in 2009 & 2010. My Math tells me that even with the issues over the last 2 years JR has turned out an average scoring D better than half the teams out there during his time @ DC. I am like everyone else and disappointed with some of the performances JR has had. I know in years past Troy has produced better numbers than JR has. The fact was also there that teams did not have to bring the Offensive Game plan to match up like they do now. When your D allows only 16 points and your O can not score 10 it is still a loss. I know alot of you want to trade him in with his top half average performance for bottom of the barrell wages. The Fact is in 04 with Ware we had a top 10 Scoring D that had a record of 7-5. That same top 10 D did not result in a Conference Championship or a Bowl game win. What was amazing about 04 was also how the D was so good it allowed a Bottom 10 O rank alot higher in Scoring O. I know some of you like to talk about OSi's year in 2002 where Troy had a top 4 total Defense that was Actually 30th in scoring D. See in 2002 the Total O & Scoring O (ranked in the bottom 10) and was giving teams a short field to work with so it did not take many total yards to score. All 2002 got Troy was 4-8 record with ZERO WINS IN D1A in what was the best ever ranked 1A Total D in Troy History.
    I may not know much, but atleast I know that I do not know much.

Excellent Post!! Looks a little different when its put out in front of you. I would also be willing to bet we have one of the smallest defensive fronts in all of D1 football.
    Trojan Warrior
    Emerald Coast Alumni Member

If you don't believe it, you can't achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tums View Post
    JR has been a DC for 6 years and here is the scoring D rank results. We will go with Scoring Defense since the score is what decides the game.
    2005 39th
    2006 55th
    2007 44th
    2008 33rd
    2009 92nd
    2010 90th so far

Anyone that has been keeping up with Troy knows the Academic and Depth issues in 2009 & 2010. My Math tells me that even with the issues over the last 2 years JR has turned out an average scoring D better than half the teams out there during his time @ DC. I am like everyone else and disappointed with some of the performances JR has had. I know in years past Troy has produced better numbers than JR has. The fact was also there that teams did not have to bring the Offensive Game plan to match up like they do now. When your D allows only 16 points and your O can not score 10 it is still a loss. I know alot of you want to trade him in with his top half average performance for bottom of the barrell wages. The Fact is in 04 with Ware we had a top 10 Scoring D that had a record of 7-5. That same top 10 D did not result in a Conference Championship or a Bowl game win. What was amazing about 04 was also how the D was so good it allowed a Bottom 10 O rank alot higher in Scoring O. I know some of you like to talk about OSi's year in 2002 where Troy had a top 4 total Defense that was Actually 30th in scoring D. See in 2002 the Total O & Scoring O (ranked in the bottom 10) and was giving teams a short field to work with so it did not take many total yards to score. All 2002 got Troy was 4-8 record with ZERO WINS IN D1A in what was the best ever ranked 1A Total D in Troy History.
    What you fail to mention is that we had an offensive coordinator that wasnt getting the job done, so we went and brought in someone on offense that could get the job done. Now our offense is rolling and our defense is down, so we need to go out and bring in someone that can get the job done on defense.

gamecocksblog Travis Haney
    Spurrier credits players for UF performance: "I coached the same against Arkansas and we played like crap."
    4 minutes ago

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tums View Post
    2005 39th
    2006 55th
    2007 44th
    2008 33rd
    2009 92nd
    2010 90th so far

With South Carolina coming up, I'm sure, with due diligence, we can be ranked in the triple digits by Sunday. Gawd this is ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Discophobia View Post
    What you fail to mention is that we had an offensive coordinator that wasnt getting the job done, so we went and brought in someone on offense that could get the job done. Now our offense is rolling and our defense is down, so we need to go out and bring in someone that can get the job done on defense.
    Reading his post, he also makes mention of the "academic and depth issues" we have. That's a huge part of why we're ranked in the 90's over the last two years. You can't coach the stupidity out of some people. Last year a huge chunk of our secondary decided they didn't want to come to class and our ballin' d line couldn't make up for people being stupid. One of those guys was ineligible his senior year and still got drafted. That's how much an asset he was to our team. This year all american eugene kinlaw went to the cfl. We had four guys who were supposed to contribute, kicked off the team. And you guys don't think that matters. You guys think the coaches should be able to get any player from any small school and make him a superstar. It doesn't work that way, we're getting beaten by size, and you can't coach that. At least not in 3 or 4 months. We don't have the size or depth to do any scheme well right now. That's not all JR's fault. If you want to blame someone, blame the guys who bailed on us by violating team rules and not going to class.

It's like saying Donald Trump can make anyone a billionare - there's a certain amount of responsibility on both sides, not just the coaches. Jeremy Rowell can't roll out his magic scepter of injury curing or wave his wand of experience on the players.

I guess what gets me most, is everyone wants to comfort the players will pillows and chocolates. Because for most of you, it's never their fault. Only JR's fault. We're hurting right now because we're small and we're thin in numbers. But I will say this. It really isn't their fault. They're doing the best they can with what they have. The best thing we can do is hope LB brings in a few quality JUCO's with some size and talent to fill some holes. And hope that the talent we have improves.
    Last edited by TroyFootball05; 11-16-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

Don't underestimate the loss of Valcin. HUGE. Kinlaw, Elder, and Corley not being healthy. HUGE.
    Trojan Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFootball05 View Post
    Reading his post, he also makes mention of the "academic and depth issues" we have. That's a huge part of why we're ranked in the 90's over the last two years. You can't coach the stupidity out of some people. Last year a huge chunk of our secondary decided they didn't want to come to class and our ballin' d line couldn't make up for people being stupid. One of those guys was ineligible his senior year and still got drafted. That's how much an asset he was to our team. This year all american eugene kinlaw went to the cfl. We had four guys who were supposed to contribute, kicked off the team. And you guys don't think that matters. You guys think the coaches should be able to get any player from any small school and make him a superstar. It doesn't work that way, we're getting beaten by size, and you can't coach that. At least not in 3 or 4 months. We don't have the size or depth to do any scheme well right now. That's not all JR's fault. If you want to blame someone, blame the guys who bailed on us by violating team rules and not going to class.

It's like saying Donald Trump can make anyone a billionare - there's a certain amount of responsibility on both sides, not just the coaches. Jeremy Rowell can't roll out his magic scepter of injury curing or wave his wand of experience on the players.

I guess what gets me most, is everyone wants to comfort the players will pillows and chocolates. Because for most of you, it's never their fault. Only JR's fault. We're hurting right now because we're small and we're thin in numbers. But I will say this. It really isn't their fault. They're doing the best they can with what they have. The best thing we can do is hope LB brings in a few quality JUCO's with some size and talent to fill some holes. And hope that the talent we have improves.

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

The players keep saying we have bad weeks of practice and lining up in the wrong schemes and crap. How many weeks are we going to put up with this junk?

Quote Originally Posted by CHughes1102 View Post
    The players keep saying we have bad weeks of practice and lining up in the wrong schemes and crap. How many weeks are we going to put up with this junk?
    Are you saying the players don't know the plays?
    Trojan Warrior

Thread Information