Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let the sots play

Navarre Trojan is offline GTT All-American GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Default Let the sots play

I have a SOTS question, I was wondering why our public address system plays that G-Awful music during time-outs (whether they be team or official or TV) and SOTS either can not be heard or do not play? Isn't that why those kids come to school at Troy, to play music in the band? Isn't that why we have them there? Why do we ALWAYS, always, I mean ALWAYS play this stuff over the loud speaker..

LET THE SOTS PLAY - DANG-IT!!!!!!
    "...The one ingredient we do have is speed, and that cures a lot of ills. Larry Blakeney
    Lifetime Alumni Association Member
    Trojan Warrior Council Member and Donor
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Member
    Trojan Shield Society

www.emeraldcoasttroyalumni.com

I agree and have often wondered this myself. They have to wait until it's over or try to play over it. Whoops! Forgot this forum was just about football.

Talking about the P.A system....It is pathetic.....you can hardly hear a word that is said...at least in the upper deck section above the student section.
    Troy Trojan athletics is like a really good movie. It brings out all your emotions

I love how they play the loud, screeching music over the PA, while the PA guy is trying to announce something, or while the Refs are trying to announce something. The only good thing they do on the PA and videoboard are the little cartoons. We took our daughter to the monsoon game, and about the only thing she remembers is the Penguins of Madagascar cartoon. If I start singing "I like to Move it, move it" she'll laugh and say something like "is that the funny cartoon from the Troy game!" and then start dancing around singing it. She's 2.
    Unofficial Sunshine Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by RDA Trojan View Post
    I love how they play the loud, screeching music over the PA, while the PA guy is trying to announce something, or while the Refs are trying to announce something. The only good thing they do on the PA and videoboard are the little cartoons. We took our daughter to the monsoon game, and about the only thing she remembers is the Penguins of Madagascar cartoon. If I start singing "I like to Move it, move it" she'll laugh and say something like "is that the funny cartoon from the Troy game!" and then start dancing around singing it. She's 2.
    Funny, because my wife is 32 and we they play the song she does the exact same thing?
    Trojan Warrior
    Emerald Coast Alumni Member

If you don't believe it, you can't achieve it.

If memory serves, they don't want us playing over the P.A. System. Not sure who makes the calls there, but we play when we're told to do so, I'm not sure that it's anything we, SOTS, can do
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Cane gone Trojan View Post
    Talking about the P.A system....It is pathetic.....you can hardly hear a word that is said...at least in the upper deck section above the student section.
    I agree!

We have the same problem, except yall's band is 100x better than ours...

Not to be rude but why is this posted in a football forum? I enjoy the SOTS and think they are a great band but they are not TROY football. They are in the same league as Barry McKnight, our PA announcers, and everyone else who is part of our University. I happen to like the music that is played on the PA system. I do agree that we need to upgrade our PA system but for the most part the people who work up in the box do a really good job....Not trying to start a SOTS war of words, just expressing my own opinion!

Because it has to do with the TROY football game experience. I've been much more lax with the football forum lately purposely. I'm ok with this discussion here.

Thread Information