Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: The Blazer Victory Thread

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    3,460
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerUnit View Post
    That may be so, but I'll bet that old bastard is worm food. Or he should be.

    (So much for class, huh? I'll ignore the fact that you've directed your moralizing lecture at me, and not to the cardinal-clad simians flinging dirtier excrement. It's cool though, I understand.)


    The rest of your post was just dumb, dismissive pablum Blazer fans have all heard before--though the quote above warrants a response, primarily the part about the 'apathetic' people.

    You say you live in the greater Birmingham area, but not necessarily in Birmingham proper; lets assume you are one of those people who left. And apparently you're so confident in your decision you think the people that remain there are 'apathetic'--or, that these folks are not quite as smart as the people who left. I'm making this short leap because you didn't take care to account for any exceptions otherwise. Smug recognizes smug?

    Now, you're well within your rights to pull up stakes and run for the comforts of Pelham and Vestavia if you think that's best--fine places to live and work, and no one will chase you in a paddywagon to bring you back. But in case no one has told you this before, you'll get told right now: Your decision (or that of anyone who chose to leave) is not worthy of special kudos, and it certainly doesn't rise to the level of being enlightened. Because in essence, you or anyone who thinks as you do loudly--you're actually admitting to a pretty subtle form of cowardice. The challenges get a little tougher, the road gets a little rougher--time to move somewhere else.

    It might shock you to consider that there are professionals, parents, parishioners, and people living there who know all of Birmingham's warts, bruises, and calluses--and they love the area just fine. I know this because I'm friends with them, I had classes with them, I worshiped with them, etc. Why would they stay? It's home--or they've made it so. And I'm not talking about paycheck-to-paycheck peeps who can't afford the move to allegedly better places, I'm talking about people making an affirmative decision to live in neighborhoods from Fairfield to Five Points South, from Crestwood to Cahaba, from Titusville to Midfield. And many of them aren't not sitting on their front porches 'apathetic', they're actually doing things to make their communities okay places to live.

    But not you and yours--why be a part of a reclamation project when you can just move? Its not that hard. Everyone should do it, you almost said as much. But 'everyone' hasn't done that. And not because they can't, or that they're stupid, or that they're apathetic--it's probably because they've dared to have a little more pride about where they came from than to simply pull up stakes and abandon it--like some people they used to know.

    I don't think Birmingham is really missing out by not having weak-willed persons such as yourself living within its legal boundaries. So buh-bye, God bless, and enjoy that commute that you and your spouse will be working longer hours supporting.

    (Oh, and Go Blazers!)
    Yeah.......your initial repsonse (whether a taunt or not) to my post just invalidates the rest of your post becuase it proves my initial assesment of your post.

    I have never lived in Birmingham. My point being is that communities have both positive and negative things associated with them. The points brought up by other posters just indicates a lot of negatives and Birmingham has a lot of negatives that makes people seek to live and work elsewhere.

    Troy and Pike County continue to grow and that is a sign that there are much more positives than negatives associated with living in that area. It is what it is.

    Birmingham could be a great city again, if the people in the city itself stand up and stop putting up with the "leaders" of their community and demand changes that will bring people and businesses back to the city.
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,792
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerUnit View Post
    That may be so, but I'll bet that old bastard is worm food. Or he should be.

    (So much for class, huh? I'll ignore the fact that you've directed your moralizing lecture at me, and not to the cardinal-clad simians flinging dirtier excrement. It's cool though, I understand.)


    The rest of your post was just dumb, dismissive pablum Blazer fans have all heard before--though the quote above warrants a response, primarily the part about the 'apathetic' people.

    You say you live in the greater Birmingham area, but not necessarily in Birmingham proper; lets assume you are one of those people who left. And apparently you're so confident in your decision you think the people that remain there are 'apathetic'--or, that these folks are not quite as smart as the people who left. I'm making this short leap because you didn't take care to account for any exceptions otherwise. Smug recognizes smug?

    Now, you're well within your rights to pull up stakes and run for the comforts of Pelham and Vestavia if you think that's best--fine places to live and work, and no one will chase you in a paddywagon to bring you back. But in case no one has told you this before, you'll get told right now: Your decision (or that of anyone who chose to leave) is not worthy of special kudos, and it certainly doesn't rise to the level of being enlightened. Because in essence, you or anyone who thinks as you do loudly--you're actually admitting to a pretty subtle form of cowardice. The challenges get a little tougher, the road gets a little rougher--time to move somewhere else.

    It might shock you to consider that there are professionals, parents, parishioners, and people living there who know all of Birmingham's warts, bruises, and calluses--and they love the area just fine. I know this because I'm friends with them, I had classes with them, I worshiped with them, etc. Why would they stay? It's home--or they've made it so. And I'm not talking about paycheck-to-paycheck peeps who can't afford the move to allegedly better places, I'm talking about people making an affirmative decision to live in neighborhoods from Fairfield to Five Points South, from Crestwood to Cahaba, from Titusville to Midfield. And many of them aren't not sitting on their front porches 'apathetic', they're actually doing things to make their communities okay places to live.

    But not you and yours--why be a part of a reclamation project when you can just move? Its not that hard. Everyone should do it, you almost said as much. But 'everyone' hasn't done that. And not because they can't, or that they're stupid, or that they're apathetic--it's probably because they've dared to have a little more pride about where they came from than to simply pull up stakes and abandon it--like some people they used to know.

    I don't think Birmingham is really missing out by not having weak-willed persons such as yourself living within its legal boundaries. So buh-bye, God bless, and enjoy that commute that you and your spouse will be working longer hours supporting.

    (Oh, and Go Blazers!)

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanEmpire View Post
    I have never lived in Birmingham.
    Yep. This is where you needed to stop. I'm actually ashamed to have wasted so many keystrokes responding to your gasbagging, when you clearly had zero credibility speaking on such matters to begin with.

    I'm tempted to wish you a painful demise in a house fire, but some might consider that a little harsh. So I'll go with this approach instead: Be sure to thank the good UAB doctors who might save your life someday. In return, I promise to tip the Troy grads who install my DirecTV and change the oil in my Impala. Square deal, I think.


    Go Blazers.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    3,460
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerUnit View Post
    Yep. This is where you needed to stop. I'm actually ashamed to have wasted so many keystrokes responding to your gasbagging, when you clearly had zero credibility speaking on such matters to begin with.

    I'm tempted to wish you a painful demise in a house fire, but some might consider that a little harsh. So I'll go with this approach instead: Be sure to thank the good UAB doctors who might save your life someday. In return, I promise to tip the Troy grads who install my DirecTV and change the oil in my Impala. Square deal, I think.


    Go Blazers.
    Gasbagging? This coming from the biggest gasbag on this board. I will be sure to thank the UAB doctors who might save my life one day if you promise to thank the Troy alums who taught them in middle and high school as well as the nurses who assist the doctors that got their training at Troy.

    What credibility do you have other than you come here about the same time every year spewing the same trash? Having done business with people who have lived or done business in Birmingham the majority of them believe that the city leadership is what has kept Birmingham from it's downward spiral.

    The people elect corrupt mayors like Larry Langford and have a current mayor, William Bell, and a city council who are trying to use eminent domain to force a business to sell that business to the city in order to build a baseball park when they could just incorporate the business into the design of the park. Why do you try to alienate business that want to remain in the city limits? Is Birmingham growing or shrinking economically. We both know the answer to that. No amount of your childish rants in an attempt to deflect the truth posted about the Magic City will change the fact that it is collapsing on itself.

    I want Birmingham to succeed becuase that is good for the whole area. However, I and many other people, are not going to come back or even consider living in or owning a business in the city until the people of Birmingham actually elect leadership who are genuinely interested in cleaning the town up instead of the same old song and dance they have gotten since the days of William Bell's first interim term as mayor. They probably should also listen to better "community leaders" instead of Sheila Tyson http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/02/...od_leader.html

    And if I were going to on here dissing people, I wouldn't mention that I drive an Impala.
    Last edited by TrojanEmpire; 10-01-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanEmpire View Post
    And if I were going to on here dissing people, I wouldn't mention that I drive an Impala.
    It's roomy. It's reliable. It's paid for. And it's not a tractor.

    Go Blazers.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    3,460
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerUnit View Post
    It's roomy. It's reliable. It's paid for. And it's not a tractor.

    Go Blazers.
    Stereotype much? It's people on tractors, that you ridcule, that produce the food for you to eat. Ever think about that?
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

  7. #57
    FliryVorru's Avatar
    FliryVorru is offline GTT All-SBC Team GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    1,691
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Ah, the signs of desperate times...

    SOTS '03-'07: What do we want?!?! GOOD SAX!!!

    Strive for the Highest, and All Hail!

    "I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody. That's a long way for a lineman to run." - DeWhitt Betterson on Junior Louissaint running for a TD against Missouri

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Prattville, AL
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    hey BlazerUnit...

    "Know Your Place..." 24-23.


    Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    801
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    My doctor went to Emory
    My other Doctor went to Florida Medical School

    Since when did Doctor's drive Impala's

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chickentown, AL
    Posts
    1,422
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelliott View Post
    My doctor went to Emory
    My other Doctor went to Florida Medical School

    Since when did Doctor's drive Impala's
    My current doctor went to the REAL University of Alabama, not the B-team school.
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •