Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B. Markey in hospital, keep him in your prayers and thoughts

Default B. Markey in hospital, keep him in your prayers and thoughts

I know many of you in the gotroytrojan.com community know Bob Markey or met him personally at TU sporting events and I want to let you know of his situation. Bob is in a hospital in West Palm Beach awaiting open heart surgery. He has been diagnosed with severe aortic stenosis that requires his aortic valve to be replaced. Needless to say he is feeling pretty down about the surgery, but the prognosis of a successful operation is very good. There is no other treatment other then the surgery for his survival. As with all open heart surgeries there are risks and I ask that you all keep Bob in your thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately since this is the holiday weekend, he is going to have to stay in the hospital and wait until Tuesday before the cardiac surgeon is available to do the operation. I talked to him a couple of times by phone today and I think the anticipation of the surgery is eating him up inside.

So, if you could keep him in your thoughts and prayers I, Bob, his family and all his friends will really appreciate it. I will keep you all informed of his progress. I will also see if he is up to taking any of your calls and will post that information later.

FaithinTSU, as you know, Bob is a regularly posts in all Forums, could you post this in the Announcement section of your board.

Thank you,

Marty

Bob,

You have the prayers of my family and myself. You will do just fine, and I'm looking forward to meeting you this season. It's going to be a great year, one we'll all talk about for a while. I look forward to sharing it with you.

God Bless

Default Bob

We really miss having you on the board. I have never met you but I would like to. I have also enjoyed your pictures that you take and post on here. Please stay safe and get well sir! Ill make sure to make you laugh with my whining when you get back.

Whiner

Default Rooting for BMarkey

I'll be rooting for BMarkey. I love his photography work and he always has a level head on the forums. I'll be hoping for his speedy recovery.

B. Markey,
    My prayers are with you! Get well soon and lets enjoy this upcoming season.

TrojanForce :)

BMarkey,
    My prayers are with you! Get well soon and lets enjoy this upcoming season.

TrojanForce :)

Wow, my prayers are with Bob. Bob's one of the nicest guys I've met off of this board. I hope everything works out for the best and he is back soon to post more great pictures...

Bob - the prayers and thoughts of the entire GoTroyTrojan.Com Nation is with you. May God bless you and your family during this tough time.
    ~Jeff Vreeland
    GoTroyTrojans.Com
    Founder of GoTroyTrojans.Com

Thanks Jeff for putting this in the announcement section. I spoke to Bob just a little while ago. He's being Bob, he'd really like to be somewhere else at the moment, like home posting on GoTROYTROJANS.COM. :D He's hating the anticipation of Tuesday and wishes the operation could be done right away so this will all be behind hime. His family is going to be bring his LT to the hospital where they will let him use the phone to dial-up to the Internet. I'm sure he will need to get his fix of gotroytrojans.com and post a message for all to see.

That's the latest for now. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes, I know he will really appreciate it!

Damn Bob!

You get through 2 hurricanes, survive the awful weather in San Jose, and then this happens. I guess there's no other way to put it....you left your heart in San Francisco, didn't ya.

Well, at least all this is during the off-season. Time to recuperate and get ready for fall. In the long run this might be best. Get the ol' ticker strong enough for what I think may be a heart-stopping Troy football season.

Thread Information