Thread: The Blazer's Biggest Concern? Jerrel Jernigan

Default The Blazer's Biggest Concern? Jerrel Jernigan

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ut_for_tr.html

The biggest part of UAB's defensive game plan today concentrates on one of Troy's smaller players.

"They like to run a bunch of stuff with No. 3," said UAB safety Jamie Bender. "All our defense is centered around him."

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Burn the Horse View Post
    Biggest concern for UA's B team? Mr. Ho wheel down around 1:50, hit stadium before toe meet leather (Mr. Ho promise Mrs. Ho he fully hydrate before game and Mr. Ho will be FULLY hydrate too) and watch lumber meet UA's B team head, that UA's B team biggest concern.
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

"I haven't counted them, but he's probably going to touch the ball at least 15 times a game. We've got to make sure we know where he's at."

that has to be my favorite quote that truely shows what a great coach CNC really is, He hasn't taken the time to count how many times our best player by far has touched the ball per game.

"ok guys this little guy here touches the ball like a bunch like he probably touched the ball a million times in these too games"
    Last edited by TSUfaninCALI; 09-18-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    I HATE USC and their spoiled snot nosed fans that are holier then thou and laugh at the idea that there is another college team named the TROJANS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TSUfaninCALI View Post
    "I haven't counted them, but he's probably going to touch the ball at least 15 times a game. We've got to make sure we know where he's at."

that has to be my favorite quote that true shows what a great coach CNC really is, He hasn't taken the time to count how many times our best player by far has touched the ball per game.

"ok guys this little guy here touches the ball like a bunch like he probably touched the ball a million times in these too games"
    Well to his credit he did say "at least" and 15 times would seem like a reasonable number an opposing coach would say.

Calloway's really not that far off. JJ had 22 touches in the BG game and 17 in the oSu game. That's 39 touches (19.5 per game) for 470 yards. The thing is, he's averaging around 12 yards per touch. It looks like he touches the ball alot more, but he just does so much when he has the ball, it's kinda deceiving.

For instance, against BGSU we had the ball for 84 offensive plays and 8 returns (KO/P), so 92 total touch opportunities, and JJ has 22 touches, less than 25%. Yet, he had 193 all purpose yards out of 614 total offensive and return yards, or about 31.5% of the total output.

Against oSu, it was even more obvious how much he does when it's in his hands. We had 553 offensive and return yards on 80 offensive and return plays. He touched the ball 17 times or about 21% of the plays, and had 277 all purpose yards, or exactly 50% of the total output.
    Founding Trojan Warrior
    Trojan Warrior Council Member
    Founding Shield Society Member
    Lifetime Alumni Member
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Memeber
    Pensacola Alumni Chapter Member

Thread Information