Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: New Music...everyone please check it out.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    4,623
    Rep Power
    27

    Default New Music...everyone please check it out.

    I have been playing, singing, and writing music for several years. I have finally recorded some of my stuff as I attempt to get it out for people to hear.

    Go check out my new music at www.reverbnation.com/soundsofkevindavis.
    Create a fan account and become a fan at reverbnation.
    Let me know what you think...
    If you have a facebook account "like it"! (If you like it of course!)
    You can also friend me on facebook and myspace!

    Thanks

    Peace

    Kevin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In a tent on Hawkins Crick
    Posts
    1,737
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Excellent

    Dude, you got a helluvah voice. Great overall sound and writing too. I'm an old musician from Enterprise. Do you play out around Enterprise?
    Last edited by goe1975; 08-16-2010 at 09:19 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In a tent on Hawkins Crick
    Posts
    1,737
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Rig

    What kind of setup are you using to record? It sounds awesome.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    4,623
    Rep Power
    27

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by goe1975 View Post
    Dude, you got a helluvah voice. Great overall sound and writing too. I'm an old musician from Enterprise. Do you play out around Enterprise?
    Thanks man...I am trying to get some shows now and I hope to get a few in Enterprise since this is where I call home now. I will definitely let you know when and where. Keep checking my reverbnation site as I will post updated schedules there.

    Quote Originally Posted by goe1975 View Post
    What kind of setup are you using to record? It sounds awesome.
    Actually a friend recorded this for me and I am not sure of everything he has but I can find out.

    What I know he has:
    Mac PC with Pro Tools (Arguably the best digital recording software out today!)
    Digi board (not sure the make or model but I can find out)
    Tube Mic (again not sure the make or model but I can tell you the mic he had was amazing!) (used for all vocals and acoustic work)
    Condensor Mic (Used for the ele guitar and amp)

    As far as what I have...
    Tacoma JK50CE4 Acoustic (used the tube mic and on one song added the condensor mic to give a reverb effect)
    Samick Avion Series AV-3/TBL designed by Greg Bennett with Dual Humbucker Pickups
    Crate XT65R Amp (not a great amp but good enough for what I use it for)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Troy, AL
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Yea!

    You've got talent! Really liked your songs!
    We are TROJANS one and ALL.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In a tent on Hawkins Crick
    Posts
    1,737
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksdtrojan View Post

    Actually a friend recorded this for me and I am not sure of everything he has but I can find out.

    What I know he has:
    Mac PC with Pro Tools (Arguably the best digital recording software out today!)
    Digi board (not sure the make or model but I can find out)
    Tube Mic (again not sure the make or model but I can tell you the mic he had was amazing!) (used for all vocals and acoustic work)
    Condensor Mic (Used for the ele guitar and amp)

    As far as what I have...
    Tacoma JK50CE4 Acoustic (used the tube mic and on one song added the condensor mic to give a reverb effect)
    Samick Avion Series AV-3/TBL designed by Greg Bennett with Dual Humbucker Pickups
    Crate XT65R Amp (not a great amp but good enough for what I use it for)
    I am mainly a drummer, so I am not overly familiar with guitar rigs. Whatever it is, it sounds great!
    Last edited by goe1975; 09-21-2010 at 06:31 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,612
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Hey KSD, great songs man!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,575
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Yeah dude you have a really good voice!!!!! Awesome stuff!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    4,623
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goe1975 View Post
    I am mainly a drummer, so I am not overly familiar with guitar rigs. Whatever it is, it sounds great!

    Some buddies and I from E'Prise do some home studio stuff also. We played clubs MANY years ago but now just hang out, have a few brews and write stuff off the cuff: mainly prog style stuff.

    One of them has an upstairs room set up as a make-shift studio. He uses Pro Tools also, but on a PC (not the power of a MAC for multimedia, but it does the job). I would be really interested in the type of mic you used. We recently tried out a few different ones (including a really nice Neumann) and ended up opting for a ribbon mic for recording vocals.

    I have an acoustic Gretsch kit but recently started experimenting with EZDrummer midi-ed through a set of Rolands. I seriously cannot tell the difference between the sound of EZDrummer drums and a real acoustic kit. And using them in small studio is a LOT easier than setting up a large acoustic kit with microphones. Don't get me wrong, I love my Gretsch set and the way they sound, but the EZDrummer setup is more than adequate for what we do.
    Awesome...

    I will find out what mic he has and let you know!

    I would love to hear some of your stuff as I am really a fan of music altogether. I have many influences from Southern Gospel as a kid to Heavy Metal to Jazz. I love all kinds!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    4,623
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCardinal View Post
    You've got talent! Really liked your songs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2003 View Post
    Hey KSD, great songs man!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHughes1102 View Post
    Yeah dude you have a really good voice!!!!! Awesome stuff!!!
    Thanks! I appreciate it! Really want to do something with my songs. Gotta get the right people to listen if you know what I mean.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •