Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Demarcus Ware letdown.....

Keep thou flag and post thou pictorals!!

FliryVorru is offline GTT All-SBC Team GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TroyTrojans2003 View Post
    make that two fourteen year olds!
    If your integrity is the archetype by which a human is to be promulgated an adult, then you are the only adult here among a cadre of geriatrics.
    SOTS '03-'07: What do we want?!?! GOOD SAX!!!

Strive for the Highest, and All Hail!

"I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody. That's a long way for a lineman to run." - DeWhitt Betterson on Junior Louissaint running for a TD against Missouri

I probably know less about Demarcus Ware than anyone on this board.

The first time I noticed him was the Missouri game. I was watching with some in laws and MO scored easily the first two times they had the ball. I remember thinking it was going to be embarrassing. Then the third time, Troy stopped them after a short series.

It was clear to me that we had a defensive end who was giving Brad Smith fits. I didn't know his name. Then the momentum shifted and we simply beat them the rest of the game.

From the few things I have seen about him, he is way above the average college and pro player as far as decency and attitude. He genuinely seems to be a nice guy and he supports Troy. Not a whole lot like him now. Sort of a throwback to the old days.

Maybe I am wrong but that has been my impression.

Default re:

2003, I think you should take it personally and do the proper thing. Send me the flag. It's the right thing to do. Otherwise, keep it for a long time, collect more signatures on it and eventually have it framed (in a very large frame). It will have tremendous personal value as time goes by. Demarcus is just one signature on it. Hasn't everyone had at least one bad day? Besides, after all of the uptight personalities he has had to share a locker room with since he went pro, he's certainly entitled to some moments on occasion.
    Lifetime Alumni Association member
    Metro Montgomery Alumni Association Board member
    Living Fossil
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Navarre Trojan is offline GTT All-American GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Default Wouldn't that be

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Man View Post
    Maybe he will read this, feel bad and write a $500,000 check to the university.
    a welcome! Eli Manning just gave Ole Miss a $1 Million gift for their 'need based' scholarship program!

I would LOVE TO SEE our established professional athletes do something like this. Maybe this is something the "T" club should pursue? This might be something that could give that Alumni Club a HUGE boost!

BTW - If you DO SELL the flag, how much do you want for it? :wink:

KEEP THE FLAG, HANG IT IN YOUR TROY ROOM, AND ENJOY IT FOREVER.
    "...The one ingredient we do have is speed, and that cures a lot of ills. Larry Blakeney
    Lifetime Alumni Association Member
    Trojan Warrior Council Member and Donor
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Member
    Trojan Shield Society

www.emeraldcoasttroyalumni.com

Default *sighs*

Flir,

Seriously, stop wasting your time responding to me. Its quite obvious you care about the conversation by your teenage responses and typical non-thought provoking comments. I can see, understand, and appreciate the real Trojan fans that do come on here to respond without having to be a jerk. I realize being a moderator is a difficult job, its a good thing you learned some leadership experience with the SOTS, it should help you here.

FliryVorru is offline GTT All-SBC Team GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

I can see, understand, and appreciate the real Trojan fans that do come on here to respond without having to be a jerk. I realize being a moderator is a difficult job, its a good thing you learned some leadership experience with the SOTS, it should help you here.
    You know the reason I enjoy responding to your posts? It's because you don't have foresight. Your posts are very reactionary and hardly ever accomplish anything that is positive. Have you ever noticed that every time you post something someone is always "harassing" you in some fashion? You should take a hint from that because we're all "real Trojan fans" here, not just the ones that don't care enough to respond to your ineptitude.

But I'll be happy to respond in a thought provoking way to your original post this time since you are correct about something: I care about the conversation.

One of the most unique things about being at Troy, is there is a sense of the Troy "family" everywhere on campus. I loved having conversations with all the football players, (Rayshaw Reed, Demarcus Ware, Osi Umenyoira, Delouis Moore, Andrew Amerson, Heyward Skipper, etc etc etc.) These guys really appreciated the true fans at Troy and would give tickets to us students who wanted to go to away games, even though we kind of knew the big boy teams would rip us in half.
    Totally right about that man. Every player I have had the privilege of speaking with has been a gentleman and (at least trying to be) a scholar. The two in particular I remember are Joshua Henderson and Adrian Ghent. Josh was a Center in the old scheme and converted to be the lone fullback when Tony Franklin came in. U walked into Speech class one day and he was more excited to lose 30 pounds than anyone I've ever heard of in my life, after he heard about the TF system. And then Adrian Ghent was this tiny little Cornerback, but he loved Psychology and since we were both Psych majors we'd talk in classes quite often. That helped since we both missed the same classes for football weekends a lot.

When he was done he came over, I was up high, hardly acknowledged me, asked me if had already been signed, I said yes, and he quickly moved on. Now, I was sad you know? I didnt expect him to remember me, but jeeze, we were both students at the same time, I was kinda hoping for, hey man!! come on down! you graduated from Troy to?
    I feel ya man, but he just did this:
    1) Woke up early
    2) Practiced most of the day (we're talkin' about practice.... not a game... practice)
    3) Had to do a local interview immediately after practice (those guys aren't exactly big time, ya know?)
    4) Had to go shower, clean up, and get home to get some sleep for tomorrow...

But in between 3 and 4 he wants to make sure that he has fulfilled his obligations to the fans. Unfortunately, some guys can't strike up a conversation with all of us schmucks because they want to make sure a lot of fans get a little attention rather than a handful getting a lot. Can you imaging having an 8 hour work day, then having to deal with hundreds of people who want to talk to you, then being on TV.... I'd want to go home and see my wife and kids, I dunno about you. 10 seconds per fan = 15 minutes before home. 2 minutes per fan = sleeping in the locker room.

Do I have a right to feel this way? Seems like once these guys go PRO, we are nobodies. The only NFL dude that even acknowledges his own fans from Troy is Sherrod Martin!!!
    You have the right to feel any way you want, but that doesn't mean you're justified. In this case, I think it's unjustified. For all intents and purposes, we are nobodies. It's nothing personal, that's just the way it is. Like in the example above, he can't spend time with everyone who wants to talk to him.

Anyway, please dont be negative with any responses...but I wanted to share this with you Trojan fans.
    I know you're not trying to be negative but it comes across that way. What happens when fans of _________ University come across this board and see "DeMarcus is a jerk!" plastered all over this thread? They might take it back and say "Hey look at Troy, they're getting spat on by their NFL alumni. Glad we don't have that problem."

All it takes is one. I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, I just think you should give more forethought to your posts. That's all.
    SOTS '03-'07: What do we want?!?! GOOD SAX!!!

Strive for the Highest, and All Hail!

"I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody. That's a long way for a lineman to run." - DeWhitt Betterson on Junior Louissaint running for a TD against Missouri

No disrespect 2003,but did you actually think Demarcus was expecting to see you and hasnt seen you in like 6-7 yrs.....?? He wasnt expecting you so it prolly didnt register for him even with the troy flag. He would know you if he was home at a Troy game and run into you and his mind was in troy. He has more obligations and more on his mind than we can imagine...Theres no way I would want that .I love my privacy.

Fliv,

Once again, you just proved to yourself why you should take your own advice. Your negative, always have been towards me, and it has not changed. Second, your post is quite long are you trying to prove a point? Your posts are negative at best. I know you are waiting for my response, so you can take time away from your job to post paragraphs of your feelings and reactions. This is my last response to you, understand? Oh and by the way, this paragraph was written with very little thought (I know that is of concern to you), so you are given just my $1.50 response.

Set.
    Match.

Fliv,

Once again, you just proved to yourself why you should take your own advice. Your negative, always have been towards me, and it has not changed. Second, your post is quite long are you trying to prove a point? Your posts are negative at best. I know you are waiting for my response, so you can take time away from your job to post paragraphs of your feelings and reactions. This is my last response to you, understand? Oh and by the way, this paragraph was written with very little thought (I know that is of concern to you), so you are given just my $1.50 response.

Set.
    Match.
    Let. It. Go.
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

Thread Information