Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Demarcus Ware letdown.....

Default Demarcus Ware letdown.....

I wanted to share this story with you guys. I have always been a loyal fan, student, and alum of Troy (State) University, since I transferred to Troy in 2000. Being part of the SOTS gave me opportunities I would never have in other programs across the country. One of the most unique things about being at Troy, is there is a sense of the Troy "family" everywhere on campus. I loved having conversations with all the football players, (Rayshaw Reed, Demarcus Ware, Osi Umenyoira, Delouis Moore, Andrew Amerson, Heyward Skipper, etc etc etc.) These guys really appreciated the true fans at Troy and would give tickets to us students who wanted to go to away games, even though we kind of knew the big boy teams would rip us in half. Fast foward to the year Demarcus was drafted, I sent him a fan letter, and I was very happy to recieve an autographed picture in the mail!! So yes I was excited he remembered a person like me, a nobody really.

Yesterday, my wife and I decided we were going to visit the Alamo Dome, to see the Cowboys practice, and to maybe see if I could get a glimse of Demarcus. I brought with me a huge Troy State University flag, that has tons of autographs from the players on the team from 2000-2003. This includes Demarcus, Osi, Larry B. of all people. And of course our logo on it was the old Trojan logo. We sat in the corner of an end zone away from the action. I told my wife, hey lets go to the other side of the dome, because we spotted Demarcus, and maybe I could catch a simple hello. So we got lucky, we went to the other side as practice was ending, and Demarcus sat down for a television interview with channel 4 news. One of the camera guys spotted me, as one of the Dallas coaches, as I hung the huge Troy flag over the railing. My wife in the mean time, took lots of pictures while he sat for the interview. When he was done he came over, I was up high, hardly acknowledged me, asked me if had already been signed, I said yes, and he quickly moved on. Now, I was sad you know? I didnt expect him to remember me, but jeeze, we were both students at the same time, I was kinda hoping for, hey man!! come on down! you graduated from Troy to? I talked to the guy alot in college, I was his "homie" like everyone else. But it was kind of a let down. I plan to still keep his autographed picture, but I want to sell the flag with the two superstars names on them on Ebay, I am hoping to make some money. I felt real dissappointed, I realize the guy is a superstar now, but I was the only Troy grad/fan there, he saw the flag. Do I have a right to feel this way? Seems like once these guys go PRO, we are nobodies. The only NFL dude that even acknowledges his own fans from Troy is Sherrod Martin!!! Anyway, please dont be negative with any responses...but I wanted to share this with you Trojan fans. I will post pictures later if you want. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by TroyTrojans2003 View Post
    I wanted to share this story with you guys. I have always been a loyal fan, student, and alum of Troy (State) University, since I transferred to Troy in 2000. Being part of the SOTS gave me opportunities I would never have in other programs across the country. One of the most unique things about being at Troy, is there is a sense of the Troy "family" everywhere on campus. I loved having conversations with all the football players, (Rayshaw Reed, Demarcus Ware, Osi Umenyoira, Delouis Moore, Andrew Amerson, Heyward Skipper, etc etc etc.) These guys really appreciated the true fans at Troy and would give tickets to us students who wanted to go to away games, even though we kind of knew the big boy teams would rip us in half. Fast foward to the year Demarcus was drafted, I sent him a fan letter, and I was very happy to recieve an autographed picture in the mail!! So yes I was excited he remembered a person like me, a nobody really.

Yesterday, my wife and I decided we were going to visit the Alamo Dome, to see the Cowboys practice, and to maybe see if I could get a glimse of Demarcus. I brought with me a huge Troy State University flag, that has tons of autographs from the players on the team from 2000-2003. This includes Demarcus, Osi, Larry B. of all people. And of course our logo on it was the old Trojan logo. We sat in the corner of an end zone away from the action. I told my wife, hey lets go to the other side of the dome, because we spotted Demarcus, and maybe I could catch a simple hello. So we got lucky, we went to the other side as practice was ending, and Demarcus sat down for a television interview with channel 4 news. One of the camera guys spotted me, as one of the Dallas coaches, as I hung the huge Troy flag over the railing. My wife in the mean time, took lots of pictures while he sat for the interview. When he was done he came over, I was up high, hardly acknowledged me, asked me if had already been signed, I said yes, and he quickly moved on. Now, I was sad you know? I didnt expect him to remember me, but jeeze, we were both students at the same time, I was kinda hoping for, hey man!! come on down! you graduated from Troy to? I talked to the guy alot in college, I was his "homie" like everyone else. But it was kind of a let down. I plan to still keep his autographed picture, but I want to sell the flag with the two superstars names on them on Ebay, I am hoping to make some money. I felt real dissappointed, I realize the guy is a superstar now, but I was the only Troy grad/fan there, he saw the flag. Do I have a right to feel this way? Seems like once these guys go PRO, we are nobodies. The only NFL dude that even acknowledges his own fans from Troy is Sherrod Martin!!! Anyway, please dont be negative with any responses...but I wanted to share this with you Trojan fans. I will post pictures later if you want. Take care
    Dude, get over. If you go into Mr. Ho's waving flag and wife take picture like crazy *******, I tell you leave. It not help you scream his name over and over again during interview. He probably have about 1 minute to get into meeting or he fine $10,000. This not Troy intramural practice - it the NFL. Mr. Ho not remember everybody that come up to him at football game and ask if I know Drew Champlin and sorry to burst bubble, but everyone on TMTDM board is "nobodies".
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

I didnt come on here and ask you for a rude response, remove your post if you have any integrity in your body

I would ask you to consider that he has thousands of people hounding him daily for everything from money to just plain autographs. Most of the times for people like him have had so many of his so called friends try to ride his back it makes them skeptical of peoples intentions. After all you are looking to sell his name on a flag as you posted this to make some cash flow. Give the "HOMIE" a break and be proud of the fact he did atleast acknowledge you where there and offered up to sign if he had not already.
    I may not know much, but atleast I know that I do not know much.

Mr. Ho, where in my post did I say I was screaming his name over and over again during the interview? I was polite, didnt say much, and acting like a normal human being as expected.

Tums, I feel like I want to sell the flag, feeling let down, maybe if you were in my shoes you would really understand. I do have his autograph that he personally sent me, and that I will never sell. So maybe your right, at least there are still good honest people out there. Thanks for the opinion!

Please don't take my post negatively, because it isn't meant that way. But you have to understand that fame is a machine that comes with some things that just are what they are. I understand your disappointment and where it comes from. But you have to realize something about those in the public spotlight: they don't have the physical and emotional energy to "coddle" everyone around them that would like their attention, even if they look bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to you (it is their career to look larger than life even when they really are not and don't feel it--and they are very good at it). Again, I don't say that mean-spirited. Having worked in the music biz in Nashville with both singers and entertainers (the biggest being Stephen Spielberg, for example) I've seen first hand how people walk into a room expecting that star to give them some attention and when they didn't get it, they make it personal somehow. Then, seeing the other side of the coin, the fact that the artist/entertainer is tired, drained, well-traveled and focused on just being who they be, without having to walk into a room and have to think about everyone who is there to act like pirahna and nibbling off a piece here and there; it can be physically (and more importantly EMOTIONALLY) draining. This has only gotten worse with social media so prevalent. So there is a certain amount of self-protection and preservation that those of fame will put up, not because they are jerks, stuck-up, snobby, or too good for you, but just because it is somewhat necessary. And in the end, (remember, I mean this with compassion) there isn't any reason for them to have to deal with you or any real reason you should really want them to. They get up in the morning with bad breath and bed-head same as you. They will age get old and fade into nothing more special than us. In the end, YOU can be (and are) just as significant walking around on this planet as they are. Don't let it strike you personally, for 90% of the time it isn't. It is just circumstances far beyond anyone's control. Take it in stride.

Consider again what it would feel like if you were someone famous and everytime you walked into a crowd, you had to make everyone there feel like they are your new BFF in order for them not to think that you are just rich and famous and a stuck-up snobb. It makes me tired emotionally just thinking about it. They get that 24-7 everytime they step from behind the barriers between them and the public and it is non-stop. Not being mean, but it is simply too much to expect from them. Please realize that.

NOTE: YES, there are those who are just pricks. I do not refer to them, but believe it or not, they are the exception rather than the rule after considering what I'm saying above.

Tums, I feel like I want to sell the flag, feeling let down, maybe if you were in my shoes you would really understand. I do have his autograph that he personally sent me, and that I will never sell. So maybe your right, at least there are still good honest people out there. Thanks for the opinion!
    I would not sell the flag then if I was you. I have seen situations where a simply nod of the head and no spoken words was all that could be done to communicate among friends.

PS if you really want to part with the flag PM me a price.
    I may not know much, but atleast I know that I do not know much.

dont put the flag on ebay...

send me a picture of it and i will consider buying it.

I have been to every senior bowl that the Troy guys have been in and always wore my Troy gear. Just like you, i have every time, hoped for a longer conversation, than "hey, hows it going, i appreciate the support..." but it never happens. But i appreciate the time that they took to come over and say "hey". like Ho said, these guys are on strict scheduals. They probably get people every day that act like they went to troy to try to get an inside edge on getting to talk to them or get autographs.

D-Ware is the greatest ambassador Troy has every sent out... you shouldnt question his loyalty.

When Troy played UNT a couple years ago he came over to the team hotel and hung out the team and the few fans that were there. He even came to the game and stood on the sideline and did an interview on the radio even though he was running late for a team meeting the night before a game.

I would suggest keeping the flag... but if you are still dissapointed, like i said, send me a pic of it and i will seriously consider buying it off of you.
    "I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody," said Betterson, Louissaint's roommate.

I didnt come on here and ask you for a rude response, remove your post if you have any integrity in your body
    Mr. Ho admit he not have very much integrity especially in body, maybe a few ounces he find some in couch cushions or floor-board of car. Mr. Ho let you know if that happen.
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

Default It's time to start reading GTT again

Ho's back!

Thread Information