View Poll Results: Who went to Troy because of the SOTS

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Me

37 75.51%
  • Not Me

12 24.49%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who went to Troy because of the SOTS?

awkward....... lol
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual_Trojan View Post
    Everyone is right all the time, at least thats whats they believe. Many people take this stuff way to seriously and feel feel that their opinion is fact and should be listened to by all. I think we all, including me, would do well to have a mutual respect for each other on this board. Most of the people on here say something as a joke and someone else doesn't take it that way then a 9k page thread starts about it. So for Christmas this year lets give each other the gift of mutual respect.
    Merry Chirstmas
    Very well said and I completely agree. Some of my posts seem edgy, sarcastic or down right mean/rude but they are not intended to be that way. They are however, the way I feel and I dont feel the need to sugar coat anything any more so I will just get to my point of thinking. Anyone who knows me knows I am an alright kind of guy......at least I would hope.
    Last edited by pkf4troy; 12-23-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkf4troy View Post
    Very well said and I completely agree. Some of my posts seem edgy, sarcastic or down right mean/rude but they are not intended to be that way. They are however, the way I feel and I dont feel the need to sugar coat anything any more so I will just get to my point of thinking.
    Well I think the moral of the story is that you dont have try not to offend anyone. Everyone just needs to work on not being offended as easily, in the P.C. culture we live in everyone thinks they have the right to live their life with out being offended and its simply not the case. For example I dont agree with Trojan_by_Birth at all on the topic of bands, however it's his right to believe what he wants. Now that doesn't mean I one poke fun at him about the ipod thing, which btw was in good fun, but it's not worth getting more upset then a "wow really" statement and moving on.
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

Just wanna say (Mikey), I can vouch for (Preston) he is a great guy. He's my big bro, ALL Hail!!! However he is very blunt and doesn't sugar coat anything, but that's what people that know him love about him. You are my brother too, AEA!!! and know that you are very passionate about defending the reputation of the current SOTS.

You, being a current member, and us, being alumni. We all see the organization from different perspectives, but one thing is true, we all were apart of that great organization. And the fact that we have joined this forum and will take time out of our day to post here, shows that we obviously had a great time in the SOTS. And that it had a lasting impact on our lives. The same is true about all who come to Troy University and then join a forum that is called gotroytrojans.com

So with that being said, everyone that comes to Troy came for different reasons. For some it was football, and the fact that they received a scholarship. For others it was because of scholarship alone, and the fact that Troy University is well know for giving a lot of scholarship money to young men and women. For the purpose of this topic, many of us came to Troy because of the "Sound of the South", that great organization that Dr. John M. Long founded 44 years ago.

Even in this organization, many of us SOTS members came for different reasons, some because of certain professors like Dr. Long, Robert W. Smith, Ralph Ford as band director's of the "Sound". Some came because of professors of such as flute teachers, trumpet teachers, low brass instructors, percussion instructors, etc. Some people came just because of Auxiliaries such as being a SOTS majorette/feature twirler, a member of the color guard or a member of the Troy Dance team. There is even a great tradition of people coming to be in the SOTS because of family relations. Moms & Dads love and passion for the SOTS inspire second generations, sometimes even third generations to be in the SOTS. Sometimes second siblings chose to come to Troy and be in the "Sound" because of an older sibling being in the band. Whatever the reason for coming to Troy, while at Troy we all go through this transformation from being students from random places/hometowns, to being Trojans, "Trojans, One And ALL".

The "Sound of the South" is a great organization with a great history. Troy University Alumni Associations across the country are filled with pass members of the "Sound" continuing their love of the organization to the University at which the organization is located.

When I think of what brought me to Troy it was the "Sound", but when I think of Troy: The University, the "Sound", the community, the Alumni, the athletic programs, they all go hand in hand. It's what makes the Trojan Nation great, it's what makes me Proud to be a Troy Trojans!

Sir, may I have your signature?!!!!! Very good post Terrance!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual_Trojan View Post
    Everyone is right all the time, at least thats whats they believe. Many people take this stuff way to seriously and feel feel that their opinion is fact and should be listened to by all. I think we all, including me, would do well to have a mutual respect for each other on this board. Most of the people on here say something as a joke and someone else doesn't take it that way then a 9k page thread starts about it. So for Christmas this year lets give each other the gift of mutual respect.
    Merry Chirstmas
    However, in my case..... I AM right all the time. I don't know about these other yahoos. Just trying to illustrate your point. But seriously, I am right all the time!

I didn't come to Troy (in 1977) because of the SOTS but I can honestly say that it was one of the bonuses that I was blessed with when I became a Trojan!!! I have heard the band for over 30 years now and there is no doubt that the Sound of the South is a wonderful part of the TROY experience. I was fortunate enough to sit next to the Band when they came up here to Western Kentucky in November and it really made the weekend complete!
    GO SOTS!
    GO TROY!

Quote Originally Posted by Troy79 View Post
    I didn't come to Troy (in 1977) because of the SOTS but I can honestly say that it was one of the bonuses that I was blessed with when I became a Trojan!!! I have heard the band for over 30 years now and there is no doubt that the Sound of the South is a wonderful part of the TROY experience. I was fortunate enough to sit next to the Band when they came up here to Western Kentucky in November and it really made the weekend complete!
    GO SOTS!
    GO TROY!
    If there were only more alumni like you! :-D
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Thread Information