View Poll Results: Who went to Troy because of the SOTS

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Me

37 75.51%
  • Not Me

12 24.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who went to Troy because of the SOTS?

Default Who went to Troy because of the SOTS?

Me...

I did...but I have a feeling this poll and many other recent posts are going to stir up more animosity towards the Sound.

Someone will say something bad about the SOTS and then at the end of the post, "Cue the band defenders in 3..........2.........1!"
    We are TROJANS one and ALL.

Could this poll be deleted. This wont do anything then prove a point and will stir up stuff. You are just asking to cause trouble. I don't understand why you would like to prove that how many people went to TROY for the SOTS. I find it very disrepectful and immature to post this.
    David M. Smith

A TRUE TROY FAN!

Default STOP,,,in the name of loooooove....

Whoa, there neighbor... I didn't post this to stir anything up. I posted this because after reading a similar thread and seeing so many chime in saying that they came to Troy because of the SOTS I was curious as to what the results would be. I'm gonna have to be honest and tell ya that I had no idea that this would be taken as you have. It may have something to do with me not joining in the very tiny bickering that goes on within this board so I'm not super-sensitive to the stuff. I log on and read up on important stuff most every day but rarely ever post because of so much of the pettiness that is displayed. I even considered leaving myself (as the MTSU fan did) not because I was personally attacked but because I got tired of all the childishness from this one or that one. Instead, I just pretty much stay out of everything now and only glean from the board the information and interaction that is worth my time (I wish there was much MORE of that, and way LESS of the childishness--other grown-ups might become more active on here).

Let me say again, I'm not trying to prove any point. I didn't put it up with some tag-line saying "this will show so-and-so." I have no agenda or axe to grind and therefore, object strongly to your opinion that it is immature and disrespectful. With that said, I will add further that I have every right to post it, so I wouldn't want it taken down. You have every right to NOT click on it if you find it so bothersome. I hate that you feel that way, but please understand that I'm not gonna let that impede or change me. So if you don't mind, just drop the debate about it and see it for what it is, a simple poll.

Now in the spirit of healing, let me add that I like your avatar. Its really cool and about a month ago I saved it and used it for my desktop. Where did you get it?

Since this is in the Sound of the South section is see no reason to have this poll/thread deleted. Just because it "offends" you? If that was the case 99% of the threads on this entire board would be deleted. You choose to have an issue with it which is fine but why not do the mature thing and ignore it? I went to Troy for the SOTS. People that want to bash the band and suggest/dictate what they (the SOTS) should be doing/playing on the field obviously have little to no clue what they are talking about. It would be like me going to their job and telling them how to flip burgers or how to seperate collected trash for the recycle program in the office building they work. Band bashing or calling them "geeks" has been a part of being a band member for me since I was in the 6th grade. As ones skin gets thicker the ones doing the name calling look like the bigger fools. They are the ones that will more the likely fail at alot of things in life due to their pissy immature attitudes.

Moosicman, thank you for clearing that up. I didn't know your intent on the poll.
    Regarding the avatar I made it myself. I make a lot of logos and save them on my computer.

pkf4troy, I rarely come on this board, cause of the stupid people, hence yourself. I have my name signed at the bottom on my messages, don't see anything for you. Needless to say, I have been in band for years, been in the troy band for five. I have ignored many useless and stupid topics on here. MoosicMan didn't not clearify the purpose of the poll, hence why I said what I said. Again, I have the right to speak my opinion; its my opinion and doesn't/shouldn't reflect on anyone but myself. The SOTS section of the forum, was not approved, from what I was told by a moderate on this site. So, why make a section when it wasn't approved in the first place and make matters worse or even have a topic.

All in all, Hope you all have a Happy Holiday and New Year! GO TROY!
    David M. Smith

A TRUE TROY FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingerdiscount View Post
    Moosicman, thank you for clearing that up. I didn't know your intent on the poll.
    Regarding the avatar I made it myself. I make a lot of logos and save them on my computer.

pkf4troy, I rarely come on this board, cause of the stupid people, hence yourself. I have my name signed at the bottom on my messages, don't see anything for you. Needless to say, I have been in band for years, been in the troy band for five. I have ignored many useless and stupid topics on here. MoosicMan didn't not clearify the purpose of the poll, hence why I said what I said. Again, I have the right to speak my opinion; its my opinion and doesn't/shouldn't reflect on anyone but myself. The SOTS section of the forum, was not approved, from what I was told by a moderate on this site. So, why make a section when it wasn't approved in the first place and make matters worse or even have a topic.

All in all, Hope you all have a Happy Holiday and New Year! GO TROY!
    Dude....take a pill and calm down....better yet have a "tall cold one". My name is PRESTON. I was in the band from 92-97 and I know you are/were part of the SOTS. The purpose of my post was not to bust your cajones but you must have let it do so. As you say about YOUR opinion, once you make your opinion public it does reflect on everyone on this board who chooses to respond with their own opinion. Because I interject MY opinion makes me stupid? I thought calling people stupid was weeded out by the time we left elementary school. Why does Moosicman (who is a Brother of mine....All Hail!) need to clarify anything to any one of us?
    Apparently this section was approved by someone. My guess would be the owner of the board. In closing I'll use the typical chipper closing.......

Merry Christmas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingerdiscount View Post
    The SOTS section of the forum, was not approved, from what I was told by a moderate on this site. So, why make a section when it wasn't approved in the first place and make matters worse or even have a topic.

I'll speak on this since I have the most knowledge on the topic. I went to the 'powers to be' to get a more direct involvement of the SOTS on the SOTS Forum. They balked saying that they basically only wanted to do it if they could moderate it like they see fit. The example they gave was that they would want to delete any negative comments toward SOTS and wanted to edit any comments made by members (and past members) of the SOTS.

I was not willing to concede that censorship model of moderation.

I did not (do not) need permission from anyone to have the SOTS as a forum on our message board. I contacted the 'powers that be' as a gesture of my love and commitment to TROY and all things TROY related. In fact, the 'powers that be' asked that when I named the forum that I either call is The Sound of the South (in italics) or "Sound of the South" (in quotes) and to NOT call it SOTS. I complied.

I wanted to bring a forum for the SOTS to the GoTroyTrojans.com community because I recognized what a big deal it is to the University (fans, members, football games, etc). In fact, if you read the description of the forum (on the forum homepage) you will see I say something to the effect "a place to come and tell the band how great they are."

So before anyone comes and says that this forum was done without permission (none was needed), please don't spread falsehoods. My email is at the bottom of this website 24/7. As an act of openness I have even changed my screenname to reflect my real name. There is no hiding here for me. This website was purchased by me and is run by me (and some unbelievably unselfish TROJANS) so that more and more people can discuss (and argue) their passions that involve TROY. For some that is football, for some it is SOTS, for others it's track, rodeo, administration, etc.

The bottom line the website is here for all Trojans throughout the world to have a central base to be what we all are: TROY TROJANS (this involves not only alumni and current students, but also our dear 'adopted' Trojans).

Without any smart alecness or trightness, I say Merry Christmas.

Everyone is right all the time, at least thats whats they believe. Many people take this stuff way to seriously and feel feel that their opinion is fact and should be listened to by all. I think we all, including me, would do well to have a mutual respect for each other on this board. Most of the people on here say something as a joke and someone else doesn't take it that way then a 9k page thread starts about it. So for Christmas this year lets give each other the gift of mutual respect.
    Merry Chirstmas
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

Thread Information