Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame decision coming

Default Notre Dame decision coming

Sorry guys I don't have a link to back me on this other than the Twitter feed on ESPN.com & it doesn't say anything other than a decision should come by the end of the week. However, I'm hearing that Notre Dame WILL in fact accept a bowl bid even after firing Charlie Weis. They are down to 2 options, Little Caesar's Bowl (Detroit) or the GMAC Bowl (Mobile). Just thought I would pass along this info...definitely a decision to keep a close eye on as this could help clear up our own situation.

This is true. In all likelihood, ND will accept the bowl bid afterall. Also, there's talk on ESPN that the Big East is seeking to swap out it's primary tie-in position at the International Bowl in favor of it's secondary tie-in spot in the Pizza Bowl. What that could mean is that rather than sending an at-large team to Detroit, the at-large (most likely MTSU) will be headed to Toronto.
    "Look unto [Jesus] in every thought; doubt not, fear not"--Doctrine & Covenants 6:36

B.A. Exercise Science at Adams State University
    Minor in Coaching Women's Basketball
    Minor in Biochemistry

Go Cougs!

Navarre Trojan is offline GTT All-American GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeBoyintheRockies View Post
    This is true. In all likelihood, ND will accept the bowl bid afterall. Also, there's talk on ESPN that the Big East is seeking to swap out it's primary tie-in position at the International Bowl in favor of it's secondary tie-in spot in the Pizza Bowl. What that could mean is that rather than sending an at-large team to Detroit, the at-large (most likely MTSU) will be headed to Toronto.
    Murfreesboro to Montreal 1125 miles/17 hours 37 minutes

Wow, that's a whoop load further than Detroit or New Orleans.
    "...The one ingredient we do have is speed, and that cures a lot of ills. Larry Blakeney
    Lifetime Alumni Association Member
    Trojan Warrior Council Member and Donor
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Member
    Trojan Shield Society

www.emeraldcoasttroyalumni.com

Quote Originally Posted by Navarre Trojan View Post
    Murfreesboro to Montreal 1125 miles/17 hours 37 minutes

Wow, that's a whoop load further than Detroit or New Orleans.
    International Bowl's in Toronto. More like 13 hours from Murfreesboro.
    "Look unto [Jesus] in every thought; doubt not, fear not"--Doctrine & Covenants 6:36

B.A. Exercise Science at Adams State University
    Minor in Coaching Women's Basketball
    Minor in Biochemistry

Go Cougs!

If ND decides to take a bowl, I think that GMAC will try there best to get them there. ND always travels well, they have fans in every city, and their tv ratings will be through the roof.
    Emory Football...STILL UNDEFEATED!

Navarre Trojan is offline GTT All-American GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeBoyintheRockies View Post
    International Bowl's in Toronto. More like 13 hours from Murfreesboro.
    Thanks,

I thought it was in Montreal, but either way, that is a haul from MTSU! I hope that they get this worked out, but now you got Notre Dame in the mix and you can bet ALL OF THE LITTLE BOWLS will try to scarf them up! ESPN will really get in the mix now.

It is my understanding that they are part of this entire bowl selection fiasco. They want what they feel are the best televison match-ups. Therefore they are pushing the hard way. The Committees are also held with a gun to their head because they certainly do not want to piss off Big Brother ESPN, or their contracts for the regular season go down the tubes. As littel recognition as some conferences get, you can understand why they are pandering to them. It is what it is and we will all know by Sunday.

It would be crazy to send MTSU to Detroit, much less out of country. I know there are some posters on their board that think we (Troy) are stirring the pot, acting big shot, and whatever have you. But the truth of the matter is we haven't been offered anything, so it certainly isn't Troy, or the Troy Administration that is holding this up. It is obviously a 'higher power' and that happens to be the committees and ESPN, IMHO.

I wish the best for Middle and the Sun Belt, but not at the expense of Troy having to play second fiddle, not as the conference champions.

When another school wins the championship, they will all be wanting what is rightfully theirs. IF the Sun Belt and/or New Orleans Bowl really, truly wanted Troy there they would would have offered.
    "...The one ingredient we do have is speed, and that cures a lot of ills. Larry Blakeney
    Trojan Warrior Council Member and Donor
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Member
    Trojan Shield Society

www.emeraldcoasttroyalumni.com

I know this is only a rumor, but I thought it was interesting. If it is true it shows that there is no such thing as loyalty anymore.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...wl?eref=fromSI

Quote Originally Posted by NWFLTrojan View Post
    I know this is only a rumor, but I thought it was interesting. If it is true it shows that there is no such thing as loyalty anymore.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...wl?eref=fromSI
    Kelly will be their next coach. He has won at every program he has ever coached for and there is no telling how good he can truly be....but if he does coach them in a bowl game..good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueTrojan View Post
    Sorry guys I don't have a link to back me on this other than the Twitter feed on ESPN.com & it doesn't say anything other than a decision should come by the end of the week. However, I'm hearing that Notre Dame WILL in fact accept a bowl bid even after firing Charlie Weis. They are down to 2 options, Little Caesar's Bowl (Detroit) or the GMAC Bowl (Mobile). Just thought I would pass along this info...definitely a decision to keep a close eye on as this could help clear up our own situation.
    Because of contracts the easiest place would be GMAC but who knows everyone will probably do flips to land ND. If they do go to GMAC we will go to NO and MTSU is headed north.

Notre Dame does expect a decision on bowl participation by Friday, Swarbrick said (He's the ND AD). It appears the two realistic options are the Dec. 26 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in Detroit and the Jan. 6 GMAC Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5914609.story

Trojan Warrior

All I need are some tasty waves, Troy football, and I'm fine.

Thread Information