Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ticket sells

Question Troy fans that live within 2 hours of Mobile.

It doesn't matter to me where we play and I realize that the GMAC is on a Wednesday night. However, as far as attendance is concerned, I can't help but wonder how many Troy Fans live within a 2 hour drive to Mobile. Wouldn't this make it possible for many to be able to get off and make the game and return home the same day? Isn't it nice to have this problem!
    Nonetheless, there came a point in time I lost my ability to be an Alabama fan.That was in August of 2001 - the year my school TroyStateUniversity, became a Division I-A football program and direct rival to Alabama and Auburn. At that point, I chose to draw a permanent line.
    Judson C. Edwards
    Go Trojans!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rette View Post
    It doesn't matter to me where we play and I realize that the GMAC is on a Wednesday night. However, as far as attendance is concerned, I can't help but wonder how many Troy Fans live within a 2 hour drive to Mobile. Wouldn't this make it possible for many to be able to get off and make the game and return home the same day? Isn't it nice to have this problem!
    NO!!! Troy fans wouldn't drive 2 hours if there was a chemical explosion in the area. Hell just go to walmart and hope you can find a bag to put over your head in time.
    Last edited by CHughes1102; 11-30-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newnan trojan View Post
    Bosie state is out.....aint no way they lose to New Mexico state....they are in the bottom 10
    Boise to a BCS bowl is not a guarantee and if Nebraska upsets Texas in the Big XII title game, I'd say the odds are against Boise getting in.

There are 10 spots, after the 6 AQ champions that leaves 4 spots. The SEC runner up will get one, TCU will get one and most people expect Iowa(or maybe Penn State to get one) that leaves just one spot. If Nebraska upsets Texas, there's nothing that protects Boise from getting bumped by a 1 loss Texas team.

Quote Originally Posted by CHughes1102 View Post
    NO!!! Troy fans wouldn't drive 2 hours if there was a chemical explosion in the area. Hell just to walmart and hope you can find a bag to put over your head in time.
    Don't worry Ladd Pebles is outside of the evacuation area if this where to happen again:)

http://www.ineos.com/new_item.php?id_press=41
    Troy football, it is what it is:/

Quote Originally Posted by troyw View Post
    If, and I mean if, tickets sells are playing a part in the NO Bowl decision, why would we agree to a bowl in the middle of the week? Does anyone think we will sell more tickets to Mobile?

Our attendance WILL suffer if we play a mid-week game in December.
    Our attendance suffers no matter WHERE or WHEN we play - haven't you noticed all the empty seats in MGVS EVERY game we play there??? Hell we can't even fill up half the stadium for a "conference champion" game - wahhh wahhh wahhh -- it's too cold in November --- wahh wahh wahhh -- it's too far for me to go on a weekday night.

Just more LAME EXCUSES from pretend-to-be Troy fans. (And no I'm not talking about you guys on the board who have your own complaints -- I'm talking about the "casual" fans with all the excuses that make my stomach churn.)

There should be no discussion about our attendance at any bowl game - it will SUCK no matter where or when it is. Fact.
    TROY - All Over the World

Quote Originally Posted by Troy87 View Post
    But when it comes down to 2 bowls where one is on a weekend, and one isn't......well, it's just a whole lot easier for folks to get away for a weekend than in the middle of the week.
    Sunday night isn't really ideal, either. Most folks will still have to take at least one workday off to attend. And with NO, it's Christmas week, when people are getting into cat fights over who gets off and employers clamp down and say "no" to just about every leave request.

Just so long as the game is after 5pm in the middle of the week and folks can actually watch on TV, it's not so bad. Those middle of the week, 2pm games are horrible.

Some of you guys are the biggest whinners! We go to Mobile....we go to Mobile. We go to NO...we go to NO! You pick your dangle up out of the dirt you dust it off and you go on. For every person that says Wed would be bad there is someone else that says Sunday is bad. You adapt you deal with and you overcome. No scenario is perfect for everyone. I have been to both bowls and the festivities around both bowls and I can tell you for all of you saying the GMAC Bowl is crap. You are in for a shock, in my opinion it is by far the superior bowl. Yeah the stadium is outside, but it is what it is. Just please stop the whinning, I keep thinking I am on the UAB board!

Quote Originally Posted by discophobia View Post
    some of you guys are the biggest whinners! .... Just please stop the whinning, i keep thinking i am on the uab board!
    amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TROY - All Over the World

Quote Originally Posted by Discophobia View Post
    Some of you guys are the biggest whinners! We go to Mobile....we go to Mobile. We go to NO...we go to NO! You pick your dangle up out of the dirt you dust it off and you go on. For every person that says Wed would be bad there is someone else that says Sunday is bad. You adapt you deal with and you overcome. No scenario is perfect for everyone. I have been to both bowls and the festivities around both bowls and I can tell you for all of you saying the GMAC Bowl is crap. You are in for a shock, in my opinion it is by far the superior bowl. Yeah the stadium is outside, but it is what it is. Just please stop the whinning, I keep thinking I am on the UAB board!
    Hey you can't say stuff like that on here.... people might have a conniption fit if they read something that makes sense about the bowl situation....
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

Default Picture This

The FUTURE - 2014 - Troy may get an opportunity to appear in 3 bowls - one of which is a BCS Bowl

They all pay $1,000,000 plus - but one is on a Tuesday - the other a Thursday and WAIT - the BCS Bowl is on Wednesday

WILL IT MATTER - HELL NO

Will we all be Bit(@n about the day of the week the bowl we play in will be

just sayin

Thread Information