Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marshall news: potential bowl opponent

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Ok, Ok, I concede, I agree with you guys now.
    Sorry if that sounded rude, I wasn't attacking you or anything
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

No I knew you weren't attacking me, I was just conceding a undefensiable argument, that was all.
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Looks like ESPN has changed their predictions to a Troy/Southern Miss rematch in the NO Bowl: http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug4Troy View Post
    Looks like ESPN has changed their predictions to a Troy/Southern Miss rematch in the NO Bowl: http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections
    that would be interesting if that's where we go
    Caleb L. Palmer
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Southern Miss is 7-5 BTW.
    Doug

Ok, record don't mean anything XD I get it :-P
    Caleb L. Palmer
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug4Troy View Post
    I can see that happening. A rematch of the highest attended and most exciting game in NO Bowl history. I think ESPN could sell that.

I have not chimed in on the Bowl speculation but here is my $.02. I had us penciled in for the GMAC bowl for several reasons but now I find it hard to believe that we will wait another week to announce where we are going (from reading the other thread it looks like the decision on who is attending the GMAC game will not be made until next Sunday and it depends on several senarios). I expect that who ever attends the NO Bowl will want more than 14 days to sell tickets. So, now I expect that TROY will announce on Monday that we are heading to New Orleans.

Also, it seems like Marshall will have a new coach for the bowl game, haven't we done that already this year to poor results. I hope we don't have to live through that again.
    Last edited by NWFLTrojan; 11-29-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFLTrojan View Post
    I can see that happening. A rematch of the highest attended and most exciting game in NO Bowl history. I think ESPN could sell that.

I have not chimed in on the Bowl speculation but here is my $.02. I had us penciled in for the GMAC bowl for several reasons but now I find it hard to believe that we will wait another week to announce where we are going (from reading the other thread it looks like the decision on who is attending the GMAC game will not be made until next Sunday and it depends on several senarios). I expect that who ever attends the NO Bowl will want more than 14 days to sell tickets. So, now I expect that TROY will announce on Monday that we are heading to New Orleans.

Also, it seems like Marshall will have a new coach for the bowl game, haven't we done that already this year to poor results. I hope we don't have to live through that again.
    They can't announce it if the SBC has asked the NO reps to hold up on the invitation until after next week, and if we dont get the invite then there's no announcement.
    Caleb L. Palmer
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Talking

If we go to outside bowl in the middle of the week..........would be a real hard hard sell to the Trojan masses........ok small mass..........Would have liked to have gone somewhere but indoor and a rematch is not a bad idea......Come on Steve just let everyone know now and we can have better ticket sales.

Angry i contend

the longer we wait, the worse the ticket sales. There is absolutely NO way the can sell and mail tickets in time for the bowl. We simply do not have the staff. If this is TRULLY about $, then they better move this week! People need to book airfare , book hotels, take time off, etc. The longer you wait the worse it will be! Take that to the bank.
    "We’re still alive. It’s not Russia. They’re not going to shoot us at 4 in the morning or daylight. Good Lord willing, we’re going to live to fight again." Larry Blakeney

Thread Information