Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marshall news: potential bowl opponent

Default Marshall news: potential bowl opponent

Snyder resigns at Marshall after five seasons

HUNTINGTON (AP) -- Marshall football coach Mark Snyder is resigning.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/11/29/marshall.snyder.ap/index.html#ixzz0YI53ByWv

Nothing against Marshall, but I sure hope we don't play them, I mean, why is if fair for us to be 9-3 playing them at 6-6? I don't even think it'd be a good game geez...
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

I remember when we were just starting out in D1A we would play Marshall every year. The games were always good, and, dare I say it, they became our first D1A rival! Then, for some reason, we stopped. I think it would be great to play them in New Orleans, just so I can be reminded of my good ol' college days!

Man, it's tough being in a school that got rid of football in the 1900's!
    Emory Football...STILL UNDEFEATED!

Marshall did beat BGSU this year and beat UAB 27-7.

The UAB game doen'st suprise me....but the BGSU is a interesting fact though....
    Caleb L. Palmer
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

What is Bowling Green's record?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug4Troy View Post
    What is Bowling Green's record?
    Never mind, 7-5. Still can't believe we lost to them. Arggggggggggh.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Nothing against Marshall, but I sure hope we don't play them, I mean, why is if fair for us to be 9-3 playing them at 6-6? I don't even think it'd be a good game geez...
    Tell that to Southern Miss...I mean, we were what? 1 point away from being 9-3 last season? (ULM game). Southern Miss was 6-6, like Marshall, and with the way our defense is doing, I'm pretty sure Marshall will make it a good game. Offense will have to carry our team to a victory no matter who we play, because our secondary hasn't been much help to our front seven.

Love those guys, they are young and we haven't had the luxury of having a seasoned secondary. Not blaming anyone or anything but sheer inexperience and depth. If i had to blame anyone, I'd blame those who were going to help us, but became academically ineligible.
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFootball05 View Post
    Tell that to Southern Miss...I mean, we were what? 1 point away from being 9-3 last season? (ULM game). Southern Miss was 6-6, like Marshall, and with the way our defense is doing, I'm pretty sure Marshall will make it a good game. Offense will have to carry our team to a victory no matter who we play, because our secondary hasn't been much help to our front seven.

Love those guys, they are young and we haven't had the luxury of having a seasoned secondary. Not blaming anyone or anything but sheer inexperience and depth. If i had to blame anyone, I'd blame those who were going to help us, but became academically ineligible.
    ...and Leodis and E Mac for graduatin'

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Ok, Ok, I concede, I agree with you guys now.
    Caleb L. Palmer
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Thread Information