Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #2 Team in Alabama

Default #2 Team in Alabama

I read on here around the UAB game that we were basically the #3 team in the state, but I was wondering, with the season we are having and the season All-barn is having, do you guys think we deserve the #2 spot in the state?

Honestly, I don't. Maybe if the team would've beaten Arkansas, or even Bowling Green. So no, I think Troy is #3. Even though I feel like the team now would beat BG, fact of the matter is, Troy wasn't fully prepared for that game and lost. just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CardinalBlackTrojan View Post
    Honestly, I don't. Maybe if the team would've beaten Arkansas, or even Bowling Green. So no, I think Troy is #3. Even though I feel like the team now would beat BG, fact of the matter is, Troy wasn't fully prepared for that game and lost. just my opinion.
    Yep. We don't have the defense, and these days I wonder if we have the mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by troy145 View Post
    Yep. We don't have the defense, and these days I wonder if we have the mindset.
    I'm happy that we're winning the conference, but I hope the guys continue to remember that ALL the games matter, not just the eight that get us a trophy. We don't need the program to go stagnat after we've already built it up so far.
    Last edited by Bennekles the Trojan; 11-28-2009 at 03:16 AM.

#3 is not that bad. Heck, we are still alot better than many teams in the nation. Looking back simply 10 years ago, I would have never thought we would be where we are at now. 10 years is alot to many of us, but in the big picture, its just a small time line in Trojan history. If we can go from DII to DIA in less than 10 years, we should be in line with alot of Mid-Majors soon. THing is.....many of them haven't made the trip in such a short period. Give us a few years and we will keep moving up the ladder.

I don't think there's a problem with the program going stagnant. Theprogram has improved bit by bit every year. It's a slow process, but it is one of steady growth and improvement.

Consider we started FBS in 2001, we went to our first bowl in 2004 with a 7-4 record. In 2006, we win our first share of a conference title (barely) with a 7-5 record, go to NOLa and win our first bowl game. In 2007, we dominate the conference until the last game, lose to FAU, still share the title and have an 8-4 record. Last year we win the conference outright for the first time, yet still with one conference loss, and an overall 8-4 record going to NOLa. This year we have the potential to be 9-3 overall, 8-0 in conference, undisputed champions of the conference for 4 in a row, and at least go to NOLa, and maybe somewhere else.

Again, it's slow, steady growth, which I don't see stagnation setting into.

Troy87 I agree with what you said except one thing. You said it was slow steady growth. I'm not sure the examples you gave are slow progress. That seems to be pretty good growth every year.

I like the direction we are going and am proud of our Trojans.

Well, the only team that we played in common with Auburn was Arkansas, and we got beat by 5 touchdowns and they got beat by 3. We got beat by a MAC conference team, and they beat their MAC opponent. I'm not sure we have room to be that cocky at this point. But either way, We have had a great season so far and I can't wait to take back the NO bowl.
    Life is short. Go No-Huddle!

Look, I love Troy but let's not be silly. After watching the Iron Bowl, we would lose to both of those teams. Alabama deserves it's #2 ranking and Auburn gave them all the trouble they could handle. I don't think the game would be close against either of those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan by Birth View Post
    Look, I love Troy but let's not be silly. After watching the Iron Bowl, we would lose to both of those teams. Alabama deserves it's #2 ranking and Auburn gave them all the trouble they could handle. I don't think the game would be close against either of those teams.
    I agree with Alabama this year; however, Auburn played by far their best game of the year, and pulled out all the stops. I seriously doubt that you would see that same effort against Troy. On the other hand you would see an unbelievable effort by Troy which would make this a very interesting game!
    Honestly, until these 2 teams start playing us on the field, then we should just declare ourselves automatic state champs by default.
    Troy Trojan athletics is like a really good movie. It brings out all your emotions

Thread Information