Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sports Talk Radio Chatter

Angry Sports Talk Radio Chatter

My cell phone started blowing up around 4:00 pm today. A friend kept calling and calling. I was on a conf call with a client , but after the 4th call I took the call as I thought it was an emergency.
    He said that Finebaum and others in Alabama were saying there was a 50/50 chance we could play Auburn in the Papa Johns Bowl ? I DID NOT HERE THIS 1ST HAND, and am only repeating what he heard. Ipersonally could give a rats ass about playing ALbarn but wondered if any of you have heard this on the radio today ? I told my friend to quit calling as I already had reservations at three hotels in New Orleans and was ready to spend some time at the Chefs table at Commanders Palace!
    "We’re still alive. It’s not Russia. They’re not going to shoot us at 4 in the morning or daylight. Good Lord willing, we’re going to live to fight again." Larry Blakeney

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Wave View Post
    My cell phone started blowing up around 4:00 pm today. A friend kept calling and calling. I was on a conf call with a client , but after the 4th call I took the call as I thought it was an emergency.
    He said that Finebaum and others in Alabama were saying there was a 50/50 chance we could play Auburn in the Papa Johns Bowl ? I DID NOT HERE THIS 1ST HAND, and am only repeating what he heard. Ipersonally could give a rats ass about playing ALbarn but wondered if any of you have heard this on the radio today ? I told my friend to quit calling as I already had reservations at three hotels in New Orleans and was ready to spend some time at the Chefs table at Commanders Palace!
    I take it that it was Mr. Ho on the other end...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Default Nope

Ho not have cell phone. Wife not let him.
    "We’re still alive. It’s not Russia. They’re not going to shoot us at 4 in the morning or daylight. Good Lord willing, we’re going to live to fight again." Larry Blakeney

Conference call? It not really a"conference call" when you on 1-800 Hot Babe Hotline for 5 hours a day.
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Wave View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Rusty Courson
    Smiths Station, Alabama

"The sun never sets on Troy State" - Ralph Adams

Auburn would probably lobby the PapaJohns Bowl to avoid inviting Troy. I could see Jay Jacobs doing whatever he could to keep that match-up from happening, especially in a bowl game that is on national TV.

oh absolutely CardinalBlack. Barry was talking this up today on SportsLine, which i'm sure got a lot of Barner fans hot. Anyways, he was saying a lot of things would have to go right, but it is not impossible. the only problem is Jay Jacobs. that little knome king sits high in his tower and yells at us as we pass his program by.

Autauga County Troy Alumni Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Burn the Horse View Post
    oh absolutely CardinalBlack. that little knome king sits high in his tower and yells at us as we pass his program by.
    Haha...now that's funny right there!

I definitely think that the players would welcome an opportunity to play Auburn in the Pa pa Johns Bowl over the N.O Bowl, but ONLY if the opponent is Auburn. I despise Alabama, but if a Alabama win results in A Troy vs. Auburn match up then Role Tide Role. Now I am SICK to my stomach for writing that. I know HO and others don't have any confidence in the defense to hold a SEC team to under 50 this year, but I would about be willing to bet the farm that this would NOT happen vs. Auburn. The Troy players would play like a team POSESSED. The players would be PUMPED. The true Troy fans would be PUMPED, and I really believe this could be a great night to remember for the Troy Trojan Nation, as well as give the football program a major, major, major BOOST!Go Troy Go!! (where ever they go)
    Troy Trojan athletics is like a really good movie. It brings out all your emotions

Default wont happen

Auburn would NEVER let it happen. No matter how close Dennis is to the program, they would never let LB stand across the sidelines from them.

Thread Information