Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Man, The Legend Speaks!

Thumbs up The Man, The Legend Speaks!

Coach Larry Blakeney said, in his opinion, the Trojans (8-3, 7-0 Sun Belt) are headed back to New Orleans. The Sun Belt champion automatically goes to the New Orleans Bowl — unless both the bowl and league agree to let the champion go elsewhere.
    “I’m not in that decision-making or prognosticating place,” Blakeney said. “But, as far as I’m concerned, we just accepted a bid to the New Orleans Bowl by whipping FAU.
    “If there’s anything different, it will come from the top.”

Gotta Love our Head Coach! Tell it like it is Larry. Quit playing games Dennis and let us book our hotels and make our travel plans.
    "We’re still alive. It’s not Russia. They’re not going to shoot us at 4 in the morning or daylight. Good Lord willing, we’re going to live to fight again." Larry Blakeney

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Wave View Post
    Coach Larry Blakeney said, in his opinion, the Trojans (8-3, 7-0 Sun Belt) are headed back to New Orleans. The Sun Belt champion automatically goes to the New Orleans Bowl — unless both the bowl and league agree to let the champion go elsewhere.
    “I’m not in that decision-making or prognosticating place,” Blakeney said. “But, as far as I’m concerned, we just accepted a bid to the New Orleans Bowl by whipping FAU.
    “If there’s anything different, it will come from the top.”

Gotta Love our Head Coach! Tell it like it is Larry. Quit playing games Dennis and let us book our hotels and make our travel plans.
    Troy has not accepted a bid to the NO Bowl. No offer has been extended yet.

Default No Duh!

The point is Larry AND the team want to go to the New Orleans Bowl. Going to B'ham and eating at the Galleria isn't very exciting for them. Besides, I don't want to have to carry my Ruger LCP into Legion Field.
    Mobile is nice, but it isn't New Orleans. The football program is run by the coaches and players, not Administrators!
    "We’re still alive. It’s not Russia. They’re not going to shoot us at 4 in the morning or daylight. Good Lord willing, we’re going to live to fight again." Larry Blakeney

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Wave View Post
    The point is Larry AND the team want to go to the New Orleans Bowl. Going to B'ham and eating at the Galleria isn't very exciting for them. Besides, I don't want to have to carry my Ruger LCP into Legion Field.
    Mobile is nice, but it isn't New Orleans. The football program is run by the coaches and players, not Administrators!
    You don't really believe that do you?

Quote Originally Posted by troyw View Post
    Troy has not accepted a bid to the NO Bowl. No offer has been extended yet.
    No offer has to be extended - it's where the PineBelt Champion goes...PERIOD!!!
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ho View Post
    No offer has to be extended - it's where the PineBelt Champion goes...PERIOD!!!
    NO Bowl has not offered because we are contractually obligated to accept if they do. The conference wants us to accept a "better bowl" so the NO Bowl is holding off for us to decide.

This athletic dept needs money and that's the bottom line. They have to be creative in their ways to come up with it (legally, I might add)...They're building a new areana too...Until the alumni can give like the bigger schools, the fanbase should be more flexible and understand the circumstances of such. The admin are going to make the final decision...back it or stay home...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

It would have been nice for them to have made all those arrangements before the game last night. I would have liked to see them accepting the invite in MGS. Maybe there is a chance that we will go somewhere else. Maybe the admins are considering the money from another bowl.

THe GMAC Bowl has been struggling. It would make sense for them to throw money at two regional teams that would fill up Ladd Stadium. Who knows what is going on except the powers of the AD or Chancellor.

Heck, I for one would like another shot at Southern Miss whether it is at NO or Mobile or Birmingham. Don't you think that is what these bowls are wanting, too?

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    This athletic dept needs money and that's the bottom line. They have to be creative in their ways to come up with it (legally, I might add)...They're building a new areana too...Until the alumni can give like the bigger schools, the fanbase should be more flexible and understand the circumstances of such. The admin are going to make the final decision...back it or stay home...
    Make money? Bowl games pay for travel expenses and whatever else is left over is split between the other sorry PineBelt teams - which is about $12.
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

I don't understand why some of you guys are so set on NO. Why keep settling for mediocrity? I know that NO bowl is set for the SB#1, but that was all set up when it was the SB's only option. The excuse most people make for NO is the venue, food, and basically the debauchery that can be found on bourbon street.

I'd like to see Troy play in a more prestigious bowl, especially if it's one that more fans have access to.
    "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill

Thread Information