Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whos going bowling w/ us?

Hey, I'm all for a bigger better bowl game, but if we're talking travel expenses, the furthest ones I could manage would be Mobile and maybe Birmingham, other than that, I'm have to be a couch fan.
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Projections by Collegefootballpoll.com as of 11/16/09 have us in the NO Bowl against UCF, which I like.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/b..._schedule.html

The only other Sunbelt team projected is MTSU in GMAC against Temple. If these hold true, this might not be too bad overall. I think NO Bowl gets better attendance by having us in NOLa, and GMAC gets better benefit to the city of Mobile by having MTSU in there. Mobile would get no real benefit by having Troy come in. There would be no money spent by Troy fans on hotels, restaurants, etc. because most everyone would drive in day of, and drive home after.

On a side note....they have Alabama playing Boise St.in the Sugar Bowl. That would be a fine game, which I think Boise could win.
    Last edited by Troy87; 11-18-2009 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy87 View Post
    Projections by Collegefootballpoll.com as of 11/16/09 have us in the NO Bowl against UCF, which I like.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/b..._schedule.html

The only other Sunbelt team projected is MTSU in GMAC against Temple. If these hold true, this might not be too bad overall. I think NO Bowl gets better attendance by having us in NOLa, and GMAC gets better benefit to the city of Mobile by having MTSU in there. Mobile would get no real benefit by having Troy come in. There would be no money spent by Troy fans on hotels, restaurants, etc. because most everyone would drive in day of, and drive home after.

On a side note....they have Alabama playing Boise St.in the Sugar Bowl. That would be a fine game, which I think Boise could win.
    If we do get the chance to go to the GMAC Bowl it should be a no brainer just because of the financial benefit.
    Trojan Warrior
    Emerald Coast Alumni Member

If you don't believe it, you can't achieve it.

Yea I agree with the finicanial aspect. As far as Boise St. playing Bama......I'll hold my tonge, but I don't forsee Boise winning it, but that's MHO
    Caleb L. Palmer
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

I listened to The Coach Blakney show last night and according to him, Troy has NO interest in going to either Birmingham or Mobile to play a bowl game this year. He did mention that StPete and that other bowl game in Louisianna were possibilities, and that Troy might be interested in those games. Right now though the only bowl that the players or the coaching staff want to go to is th N.O Bowl. Personally I would love to see Troy play in that other bowl game in Louisianna against the Auburn ***** Cats. I bet that it would be a sell out.
    Troy Trojan athletics is like a really good movie. It brings out all your emotions

I agree. I would love to play Awbarn in Shreveport but as of right now that is somewhat of a far-fetched possibility. The best possibility of playing a SEC team in a bowl would be in Birmingham at the Papa John's Bowl, but Troy would take the NO Bowl over that. PJ's Bowl pays out less than NO does. As far as the team & Coach Blakeney are concerned, unfortunately they're going to get alot of pressure from the Sun Belt to do whatever is best for the league from a financial standpoint as we (the Sun Belt) are locked to having a team in the NO Bowl. If Troy has the opportunity to go to a bigger bowl with a larger payout & MTSU or Monroe don't have that opportunity the conference will pressure Troy to accept the bigger bowl for the larger payout. This will help not only Troy directly in $$$ but also the portion the conference members get as well. Just trying to shed some light on how the decision may work out....

For what it's worth...my money is on St. Pete ($750k) or Mobile ($1M).

I think it'd be a pretty good game agains Auburn, it'll be the last time we play them in a while though, they don't want us taking "prestige" from them or Bama by beating either one of them
    Caleb L. Palmer
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

I would love for Troy to play a bowl game in St. Pete. I have alot of family members that live near there. As far as the best chance for playing against a SEC team, that would be the Indy bowl. The papa johns bowl would likely have us against a Big East School. I don't believe the SEC has any bowl connections with the papa johns bowl. I just hope Troy takes care of business this weekend and locks up a guaranteed bowl where ever it is. Go Troy Go!!
    Troy Trojan athletics is like a really good movie. It brings out all your emotions

yeah I have been scouting plans to come to the bowl game in New Orleans, bringing my wife, gonna go see family, etc. I wouldnt be able to go any other bowl game because I have family in Mexico. So I hope the choice is New Orleans, would love to stay at the Sheraton, and enjoy a couple of days in New Orleans!

Like the bumper sticker says, Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime...just add, I'll be there.

Thread Information