Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Frustration of Being BMarkey

Default The Frustration of Being BMarkey

I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

I haven't always agreed with some of Bob's postings (and I'm sure he could say the same about me as well), but you cannot deny that when it comes down to it he is a Troy graduate and supports his alma mater. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him supporting his daughter and the school that he probably pays LOTS of money to. I'm sure that we have plenty of people that became Troy fans because their children ended up going to school here (TroyBandDad comes to mind).

One thing that I've always respected Bob for is the fact that he doesn't hide behind a screen name. Everyone knows who he is and he stands behind his postings. He also takes some of the best Troy pictures out there. The university should put him on the payroll.
    Rusty Courson
    Smiths Station, Alabama

"The sun never sets on Troy State" - Ralph Adams

well said.

If ******* not take Mr. Ho pokes who he take them from? Probably The Red Wave because he swing like powderpuff girl.
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

Default Bob's photos are awesome!

'nuff said but..

GO TROJANS!
    "Yo Ho, HO!!! GO Ye Trojans, one and all!"

BMarkey is a loyal Trojan fan, I know he bleeds Cardinal and Black, and he'd give you the shirt off his back if you asked....and it'd be a Troy shirt....or maybe a TSU shirt. But trust me, given his surgical history, you don't want to see him without his shirt on....so please don't ask. He's very proud of his wonderful daughther and her school "FAU". As any parent would, he supports her in her endeavors there, she's in the band. She may be the only person I know that can rival him with her ability to take great pictures. While I wouldn't set foot at an FAU game (unless it's against Troy), I'll defend his decision to do so to support his daughter, as I did to support my kid while he attended.....ugh...UCF......

I don't always agree with his opinions, but he's entitled to them and I'd go to battle with him anytime as a Trojan Fan.

Navarre Trojan is offline GTT All-American GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by TSUALUM View Post
    BMarkey is a loyal Trojan fan, I know he bleeds Cardinal and Black, and he'd give you the shirt off his back if you asked....and it'd be a Troy shirt....or maybe a TSU shirt. But trust me, given his surgical history, you don't want to see him without his shirt on....so please don't ask. He's very proud of his wonderful daughther and her school "FAU". As any parent would, he supports her in her endeavors there, she's in the band. She may be the only person I know that can rival him with her ability to take great pictures. While I wouldn't set foot at an FAU game (unless it's against Troy), I'll defend his decision to do so to support his daughter, as I did to support my kid while he attended.....ugh...UCF......

I don't always agree with his opinions, but he's entitled to them and I'd go to battle with him anytime as a Trojan Fan.
    +1

I have always respected BMarkey. There have been numerous occasions where I have not agreed with him, but that's between me and him. We have had several dozen conversations regarding the direction that Troy is going, the interworking of several departments, how the school should be doing this or that, or whatever. This is what Alumni are suppose to do, HAVE A CONCERN AND INTEREST IN THE WAY THEIR COLLEGE IS BEING HANDLED!! It is the duty of every alumni to support their school, voice an opinion of praise or concern. It is how processes are changed or presented.

I never went to Choctaw High School, where they do that STUPID Atlanta Brave/FSU Chop, but you could see me doing it last Friday night as WE whipped Ft. Walton High - why? My daughter goes to school there and will probably go to FSU upon graduation (I guess I am getting my practice in). Bob's support of Daphne is not only appropriate it is what he better be doing, SUPPORTING HER!

Everyone best know that come this Saturday (and I don't even know if Bob is coming or not) Bob will be at odds with Daphne, as they will be on opposite sides of the scoreboard. One team with a chance to win a championship and one team with a chance to spoil it!! Afterwards, they will just ride home together, the victor in the passenger seat!!!! :>)

Go Trojans
    "...The one ingredient we do have is speed, and that cures a lot of ills. Larry Blakeney
    Lifetime Alumni Association Member
    Trojan Warrior Council Member and Donor
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Member
    Trojan Shield Society

www.emeraldcoasttroyalumni.com

FliryVorru is offline GTT All-SBC Team GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

I agree with TSUALUM and Navarre Trojan

SOTS '03-'07: What do we want?!?! GOOD SAX!!!

Strive for the Highest, and All Hail!

"I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody. That's a long way for a lineman to run." - DeWhitt Betterson on Junior Louissaint running for a TD against Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by FliryVorru View Post
    I agree with TSUALUM and Navarre Trojan

Bob, do you feel the love?
    "Pain is Temporary, Pride is FOREVER"
    GO TROY!

OMG. My face is red. Thanks so much for this thread, Mr. Ho. :) ... And for the support, all.

BTW, I am still trying to figure a way to make it up there for the game. The vehicle needs new tires and the cash is not in place for that expense. :(

Thread Information