Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This will not be our week I'm Afraid

I'll take the car and gas. That should net me something in an auction somewhere. :)

Default What the hell

It sure is convenient there there is several new "Troy" people on this board the week of the Arkansas game saying we will lose 50 something to almost nothing!

Default New "Troy" Fans

They are about as wanted as a Nancy Pelosie speech at the Republican National Convention (or most anywhere else for that matter)

Default "New Posters"

I have to say that, of all of the other teams' fans visiting our site, the pigs have been the least imaginative. They could take notes from BlazerUnit or... BlackandGold. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by moosicman View Post
    They are about as wanted as a Nancy Pelosie speech at the Republican National Convention (or most anywhere else for that matter)
    I don't see it that way...Real and casual fans are welcomed to the family...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Since we don't have a chance, I'm going to stay as far away from this game as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanMan11 View Post
    Yes my friend??

Well, I'm not a casual fan, I travel to almost every game and have for many years. I'll be there on Saturday and I'll be screaming my lungs out for my Trojans, but I'm realistic too, it could get ugly if our secondary doesn't step up. Mallet is a great QB and honestly our DLine, while great, hasn't put a lot of pressure on the QBs lately until late in the game. We can't wait that long in this game. It will take a perfect game for us to win, and I predicted before the season we'd win this game, but I'm not so sure now. Never count us out, because we don't play the game on paper, but on the field.

With that said, I'd be happy if we keep it close say 45 - 34 Arkansas. In my mind though I'm rooting for a Troy 44 Ark 40 ending! It will take 40 or more for us to win.

Go Trojans!

Ithink the lack of perceived pressure is due to our opponents game planning for our defensive front. Six yard slants and receiver screens make it almost impossible to get to the QB in the shotgun or in a 3 step drop. Look how many athletic QB's we have faced that are rolling out to get the pass off. How many times have you seen a QB stand in the pocket and complete long passes on us? Arkansas isn't going to respect our defense as much as our conference foes do. If our D line can getv to Mallet quickly we can win this game.
    Trojan Warrior
    Emerald Coast Alumni Member

If you don't believe it, you can't achieve it.

Hemi, I disagree with the thought they don't respect our defense, as our D-Line was the focus of Petrino's comments after practice on Tuesday. Our d-line is as good as most anyone's in the country. But their o-line is a little better than our Sunbelt conf brethren and probably at least 2 deep.

The two QBs that come to mind that gave our defense trouble dropping back, were the Sheehan kid from Bowling Green and Tebow and to some degree the FIU QB (who's toughness I'd never question because he was lit up several times). The first two were early but we haven't faced a true drop back passer since those two (although Tebow will never be confused with a drop back passer).

I think it is a bit naive to think that they won't scheme us the same way as everyone else has to begin with, then hit us deep when they have us on our heels a little. I know that's the way I'd approach us.

But I believe we'll rise to the occassion. We just have to put together a great effort! Get the lead and hold on to it. I'm determined to be at the "program defining moment" when we defeat one of these teams...I hope it will be this week!

Thread Information