Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween's Thriller

Default Halloween's Thriller

It's on youtube if anyone missed it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aso3JPLSTmU

Thank you for posting. i was just to the left of the 45 (director viewpoint)
    ALL HAIL!!!!

This is how a marching band should perform Thriller.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EJlpWmihPk
    I understand you had a billion kids on the field and couldn't move, but this band puts effort into choreographing a performance and in my opinion is worth of watching.

*yawns*

Default Honestly ..........

TROY - All Over the World

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan by Birth View Post
    This is how a marching band should perform Thriller.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EJlpWmihPk
    I understand you had a billion kids on the field and couldn't move, but this band puts effort into choreographing a performance and in my opinion is worth of watching.
    Wow, you have to be joking right? I couldn't even tell what they were playing. I figured THE Ohio State University would actually have a good band.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBandDad View Post
    Wow, you have to be joking right? I couldn't even tell what they were playing. I figured THE Ohio State University would actually have a good band.
    Hey, TroyBandDad--THAT'S AWESOME!! Fort Smith Ark. and Two Egg, Fl. I am from Donalsonville, GA just north of Two Egg. I just thought those two towns paired together was pretty funny!

Yeah, that show from Ohio State was pretty lame. It of course is just my opinion, but to me ANY marching band that is dancing around looks stupid, and I'm a band geek. It's because of the uniforms. It's like adults at a fancy cocktail party dressed up in tuxes and evening gowns doing the Hokey Poky. It just l-o-o-k-s stupid. So that is points in the negative category. Mix in that the arrangement sucked (which I grant the O.P. and most other non-musicians may not have a knack for critiquing) and you really start adding up the NOT GOOD totals.

But I think it is funny that he thought this was good and entertaining. It just goes to show (as I said in my other post) that he is wholly within the right to have an opinion, but thankfully its him and about 3 other people who share that view. Everybody is not gonna like everything, that is for sure. But the SOTS's reputation precedes itself. When there is a band as dearly loved and admired as the SOTS is and it is obvious that they are overwhelmingly desirable by the public at large, then opinions like this take on such a laughable absurdity that it almost isn't worth acknowledgment. Almost....

Post Two Egg

Hey, how are things in Donalsonville? I know Seminole County very well. And you know what they say about Two Egg? Its the Capital of the New South!

I know everyone has different tastes, but seriously, I would have to laugh at our own band if they did a show like that!

Fortunately, they never will.
    TROY - All Over the World

Quote Originally Posted by troytrojannyc View Post
    fortunately, they never will.
    +1
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Thread Information