Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Embarrassed by the band

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan by Birth View Post
    Let's explore the cost benefit of replacing The Sound of the South with an iPod.

Ipod Classic:

Cost: $249
    Size and weight
    Height:
    4.1 inches (103.5 mm)
    Width:
    2.4 inches (61.8 mm)
    Depth:
    0.41 inch (10.5 mm)
    Weight:
    4.9 ounces (140 grams)1

Capacity
    160GB hard drive
    Holds up to 40,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format3
    Holds up to 25,000 iPod-viewable photos4
    Holds up to 200 hours of video5
    Stores data via USB hard drive

Troy Sound of The South
    Cost: Easily a million a year.
    Height: some tall, some short
    Width: standard parade width
    Depth: About the sophomore level
    Weight: Must be transported by several busses.

Capacity: I'll say 100 songs and be generous
    Video Playback: none

Hmmm... I could buy a $249 iPod and have tons of money left over for speakers, and iTunes gift cards!!!!!!!
    Using this logic, we ought to replace the football games with a playstation 3 and EA Sports NCAA Football 2010. I mean that would be way cheaper than fielding an actual football team!

Quote Originally Posted by skeletor View Post
    Using this logic, we ought to replace the football games with a playstation 3 and EA Sports NCAA Football 2010. I mean that would be way cheaper than fielding an actual football team!

SLAM and DUNK....

Quote Originally Posted by skeletor View Post
    Oh man....you beat me to it.

Don't worry fellas....Mr. Trojan by Birth is heavily....heavily outnumbered.
    Here's to the school we love, we are Trojans, one and all!!!!!

I think I need to rethink my position. I watched the homecoming parade today and the high school bands were really good. Maybe I just don't like TSOTS. I'm not flaming or trolling here, I'm being serious. I will honestly say that today's halftime performance where the band was jumping around and energetic was actually entertaining. So maybe my dislike is not with bands but rather with the halftime show design.

I'll give credit for today and call it. TSOTS 1, iPOD 0.

I think I need to rethink my position. I watched the homecoming parade today and the high school bands were really good. Maybe I just don't like TSOTS. I'm not flaming or trolling here, I'm being serious. I will honestly say that today's halftime performance where the band was jumping around and energetic was actually entertaining. So maybe my dislike is not with bands but rather with the halftime show design.

I will also rethink my position, Troy's football team is better than a video game on a ps3

Talking

Last edited by Psitech; 10-25-2009 at 08:27 AM.
    "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill

Cool

Trivia tidbit: The head directors from all the high school bands in the parade today were all troy grads

There are many different directions a marching band can take in its show designs. I would recommend that if you have and idea that you feel would make SOTS more entertaining to email Mr. Ford or Dr. Walker with it. I guarantee they will read and consider it.

In the future if you see a band member doing something that you feel is detrimental to the image of the university make sure to email the directors. They do not take this topic lightly and will check into any accusation and punish anyone involved accordingly. One thing Mr Ford pounds into our heads every year is that the reputation of the SOTS has been built for over 40 years, but it only takes one person doing one stupid thing to bring it all crumbling down.
    I am what I am and thats all I am.

Very respectable. I love it when people can admit a mistake. It doesn't show a weakness at all. It shows character.

Trojan by Birth, we are all just passionate about what we do. I am sincerely glad that the "Sound" was able to perform something to entertain you. It is hard to program shows for everybody and when you are able to finally make a connection with the audience, it is a good feeling.

Thread Information