Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Visiting Troy next week!

Default Visiting Troy next week!

Hey everyone..

Next week, Thursday the 22nd, I will be headed to Troy for the 1st time! I'm a distance learner from south Florida, but am spending the weekend in Birmingham. My plan is: Thursday- spend the day (until around 5-6) in Troy.
    Friday- hang out in Birmingham, then at night go to a high school game, so I can see what high school football is all about in Alabama. And Saturday-going to spend the day in Tuscaloosa, and go to the Tennessee and Alabama game!

As much as I would love to go to the homecoming game, I wasn't going to pass up Tennessee vs. Bama tickets. SO unfortunately, Thursday will have to be my day in Troy. With that being said, when I go, I plan on walking around campus, and going to Movie Gallery stadium, and seeing where I go to school and what it is all about.

So here's the real question: Other than walking around campus, what can I do in Troy while I'm there? I have looked around different web sites, and nothing says much, so I'm hoping those of you who went there, and still live there can tell me places to go and visit, like good eats, where to buy cheap Trojan gear, etc.. I definitely want to make the most of my trip, so please help guys! Thank you!

Navarre Trojan is offline GTT All-American GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Default Well, my suggestion would be to

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaTrojan26 View Post
    Hey everyone..

Next week, Thursday the 22nd, I will be headed to Troy for the 1st time! I'm a distance learner from south Florida, but am spending the weekend in Birmingham. My plan is: Thursday- spend the day (until around 5-6) in Troy.
    Friday- hang out in Birmingham, then at night go to a high school game, so I can see what high school football is all about in Alabama. And Saturday-going to spend the day in Tuscaloosa, and go to the Tennessee and Alabama game!

As much as I would love to go to the homecoming game, I wasn't going to pass up Tennessee vs. Bama tickets. SO unfortunately, Thursday will have to be my day in Troy. With that being said, when I go, I plan on walking around campus, and going to Movie Gallery stadium, and seeing where I go to school and what it is all about.

So here's the real question: Other than walking around campus, what can I do in Troy while I'm there? I have looked around different web sites, and nothing says much, so I'm hoping those of you who went there, and still live there can tell me places to go and visit, like good eats, where to buy cheap Trojan gear, etc.. I definitely want to make the most of my trip, so please help guys! Thank you!
    1. Go to Birmingham on Thursday, spend the night, visit your friends, try and sell those Bama/Vols tickets.

2. Friday, go to high school game, visit friends, try and sell Bama/Vols tickets

3. Saturday Morning (EARLY) give away Bama/Vols tickets (if you haven't sold them) and drive to Troy. Come by the Alumni House before the Troy/N. Texas game, tailgate with us, go to the game (ticket is on me), come back to the house after the game where there will be a HUGE afterparty with food/drinks/music and great fellowship.

The game will be better, the atmosphere will be awesome and the friends you meet will be lifelong.

That's the best advice I can give you.

PM me if you are interested in the tickets and/or more details

GO TROJANS!!!
    "...The one ingredient we do have is speed, and that cures a lot of ills. Larry Blakeney
    Lifetime Alumni Association Member
    Trojan Warrior Council Member and Donor
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Member
    Trojan Shield Society

www.emeraldcoasttroyalumni.com

True dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, Tennessee is gonna get waxed..........

As Navarre said, I recommend you ditch those Bammer tix and go to the TROY game Saturday!

BUT, if you just absolutely cannot do that, my suggestions are as follows:

1. My favorite restaurant here is Santa Fe Cattle Co. Their Lynchburg (marinated in Jack Daniel's) Steak will melt in your mouth. It's good. As a student, I don't get to eat there much due to money, but it is my favorite in town.

2. The best place to find gear in town is the Bookstore on campus. They have jerseys, hats, t-shirts, and more. It's slightly more expensive than the stuff you might find at Wal-mart or Hibbett's, but it looks more legit.

3. Honestly, there's not much more to do on campus. The Sound of the South will be practicing in the Gallery that night (Thursday), and you can attend that for free. It's always entertaining to me. There will also be a football signing session at the Bookstore, where you can meet some members of the team. At 7 pm, there will be some comedians performing at Claudia Crosby.

Haha, unfortunately, the sell the Bama-Vols tickets is not going to happen. My gf is coming with me, and we are going with her family to the Bama game (We are staying with them too, so it's definitely out of the question) Trust me, I am not happy about missing the game, but to make up for it I will be at the FIU game this weekend. IF the Bama game was at night, I was going to be crazy enough to go to both games, but they are both at 2:30 I believe, so it's not gonna happen.

But NavarreTrojan, your hospitality is a true sign of the people of Troy, and I appreciate your offer for sure.

Since what you wrote unfortunately is not an option, what other ideas can you throw at me?

Navarre Trojan is offline GTT All-American GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Default Well

Haha, unfortunately, the sell the Bama-Vols tickets is not going to happen. My gf is coming with me, and we are going with her family to the Bama game (We are staying with them too, so it's definitely out of the question) Trust me, I am not happy about missing the game, but to make up for it I will be at the FIU game this weekend. IF the Bama game was at night, I was going to be crazy enough to go to both games, but they are both at 2:30 I believe, so it's not gonna happen.

But NavarreTrojan, your hospitality is a true sign of the people of Troy, and I appreciate your offer for sure.

Since what you wrote unfortunately is not an option, what other ideas can you throw at me?
    Ditch the girlfriend, this also takes care of your 'family' issue
    Rid yourself of the Bama tickets (REALLY GETS rid of the family)
    Come to Troy and enjoy!!1

Seriously,

You must take in the campus, just walk around and enjoy the scene! It is a real school with real buildings and real people! You will absolutely want to come back! Hit the Bookstore, Star Bucks, Food Court. Go into the field house, behind the North end zone, and check it out.

As for the Town, well, there is always the square! The countryside is wonderful. If you're into that.

To eat, Santa Fe is good,
    "...The one ingredient we do have is speed, and that cures a lot of ills. Larry Blakeney
    Lifetime Alumni Association Member
    Trojan Warrior Council Member and Donor
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Member
    Trojan Shield Society

www.emeraldcoasttroyalumni.com

Lots of folks seem to enjoy strolling around in Bammer and Allbarn jerseys so it must be fun.
    "Yo Ho, HO!!! GO Ye Trojans, one and all!"

Hey everyone..

If you want something quick, try Crowe's on Hwy. 231. Quite possibly the best "local" establishment.

No disrespect man.....well maybe a little. Dont come on our site and tell us you are a student and you are gonna miss our game when in town. For a bama game too? You are just like half the students at troy, a closet fan of another team. Im not gonna convince you to come to our game!! I cheer for Bama too but when my Trojans are playing,Im there! Especially Homecoming!!Troy is my team!! Your post was a slap in the face to me. Just eat in Tuscaloosa!! Sorry bud I just call it like I see it,sry.

Question A Troy distance learner visiting Troy on Thursday, but going to a UAT???

A Troy distance learner visiting Troy on Thursday but going to a UAT game on Saturday?????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

?
    Last edited by JTrojan; 10-14-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Thread Information