Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: Students and Others

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Posts
    1,882
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Students and Others

    First- Students. Yall looked great. You came early and stayed late. When I showed up in 05 there were wide open spaces around me in the student section. You could not have fit another is some places last night and against UAB. I recently graduated and am looking forward to you guys graduating, getting season tickets, and joining me for some rowdy cheering. Keep up the good work.

    Others- The people in my section 107 (the supposed rowdy section) make me sick and ashamed to be a Trojan sometimes. I stand and cheer the whole game, I turn around wave my pompom and beg you guys to stand and cheer on 3rd and 4th downs. When I do you look at me like a crazed maniac. I am cheering for my school and NO I will not sit down. Shame on you. Shame on anyone who will come to a college football game and tell someone who is showing love for their school to "sit down". IMO if you do that you are a disgrace to Troy University and need to stay at the house.
    ---Tailgate party Specialist---
    That somehow always forgets to bring tickets, tents, and atleast 1 food item, but never forgets the cold beer.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Niceville, FL
    Posts
    1,582
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedTrojan84 View Post
    First- Students. Yall looked great. You came early and stayed late. When I showed up in 05 there were wide open spaces around me in the student section. You could not have fit another is some places last night and against UAB. I recently graduated and am looking forward to you guys graduating, getting season tickets, and joining me for some rowdy cheering. Keep up the good work.

    Others- The people in my section 107 (the supposed rowdy section) make me sick and ashamed to be a Trojan sometimes. I stand and cheer the whole game, I turn around wave my pompom and beg you guys to stand and cheer on 3rd and 4th downs. When I do you look at me like a crazed maniac. I am cheering for my school and NO I will not sit down. Shame on you. Shame on anyone who will come to a college football game and tell someone who is showing love for their school to "sit down". IMO if you do that you are a disgrace to Troy University and need to stay at the house.

    What irritates me is that the students overflow their student section and some go sit in the front of Section 109. I am in the middle of 109, and it does not bother me one bit that the students overflow to our section, I actually think it is great we have enough students attending that they need more room. I don't know who keeps complaining about it - but they keep getting kicked out of our section. That irritates me - if no one is sitting there it looks worse, let the students that are there sit there if no one is using those seats.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Troy
    Posts
    2,333
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The play of the game was announcing the Homecoming Court in the 4th quarter. The students stuck around for that and it made a huge difference.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Posts
    1,882
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    I know it is truly sad and needs to stop.
    ---Tailgate party Specialist---
    That somehow always forgets to bring tickets, tents, and atleast 1 food item, but never forgets the cold beer.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    3,428
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    The play of the game was announcing the Homecoming Court in the 4th quarter. The students stuck around for that and it made a huge difference.
    Yeah, lots of fans had left before that announcement. But the students stayed for it. I did not realize how late it had gotten. We started walking out right after the over on downs when Troy got it back with just under 5 to play. I knew with a 24 point lead that we could at least run a couple minutes off. By the time we got our stuff and made it out of the gate, Greer had made that huge run on the 1st play, and followed it up with another first down. I heard his name called 3 more times walking to my truck before we couldn't hear the PA announcer anymore, and knew we were running out the clock. We didn't get back home until close to 1 AM. And that was leaving basically with time running out. I would have loved to have stayed for the trophy presentation, but two others came with me and were tired and ready to get home and go to bed.
    Unofficial Sunshine Pumper


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    13

    Default I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Trojan View Post
    What irritates me is that the students overflow their student section and some go sit in the front of Section 109. I am in the middle of 109, and it does not bother me one bit that the students overflow to our section, I actually think it is great we have enough students attending that they need more room. I don't know who keeps complaining about it - but they keep getting kicked out of our section. That irritates me - if no one is sitting there it looks worse, let the students that are there sit there if no one is using those seats.
    I have sat in that section for 2 games now and when the students " overflow" into the first couple fo rows in 109 it is great. When they have gotten kicked out of those seats, the seats remained empty for the rest of the game. Why not extend the first 2-3 rows of 109 to the students also? It would really add to the harrassment of the visiting team.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Posts
    1,882
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Cops telling people they can not stand MUST STOP. While standing and cheering last night someone got a cop to tell me to sit down. They were on row 3 of 107 on the end of the row by 109. Also, one guy with them asked me if I wanted to meet up after the game when I refused to sit down. All I wanted to do was go stand on the front row for 1 drive down the field.
    Last edited by DedicatedTrojan84; 10-07-2009 at 10:29 AM.
    ---Tailgate party Specialist---
    That somehow always forgets to bring tickets, tents, and atleast 1 food item, but never forgets the cold beer.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Dedicated Trojan, come join us in the student section nearest the band. We stand for the WHOLE GAME. They don't check for tix there anyways.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Posts
    1,882
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyDrum89 View Post
    Dedicated Trojan, come join us in the student section nearest the band. We stand for the WHOLE GAME. They don't check for tix there anyways.

    I shouldnt have to do that but I will then next game. Its almost a principle thing at this point. I want to annoy all the old lame townies in 107 too.
    ---Tailgate party Specialist---
    That somehow always forgets to bring tickets, tents, and atleast 1 food item, but never forgets the cold beer.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedTrojan84 View Post
    I shouldnt have to do that but I will then next game. Its almost a principle thing at this point. I want to annoy all the old lame townies in 107 too.
    We're not all old and lame!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •