Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Tradition

Taking a word from the cheer TR Whoop whoop, OJ woop wwop, ANS. I would think it would be cool to hear all fans chanting WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP! and chant it for about a minute at different points in the game. This would be the fans message to the players to take their opponent to the wood shed and WHOOP them. Just my thought.
    Troy Trojan athletics is like a really good movie. It brings out all your emotions

yeah something like that or maybe even "i said it sucks to be a blue raider"
    I stopped in at steak and shake in Prattville after the TROY vs. UAB game, and a group of UAB fans were behind me,

the waiter asked them...,"what is UAB?"

WHUP MTSU! WHUP MTSU! WHUP MTSU!

Not quite the same as Jax State, but I love sayin WHUP.

I like doing the whole Don't give a damn song, esp since I love making fun of Ohio State and the rest of the Big 10 for their goofy stuff... but if you want to start stealing stuff, how about some of the insult cheers from the Ivy league? Those are freaking hilarious. Here's some from Williams College: http://wso.williams.edu/orgs/band/in...t.html#general Someone should take and run with these... haha!
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

I thought that whole "whoop, whoop" thing died out in the late '90s/early '00s. Personally, I'd like to see it die out in Troy, too. It was annoying when it was popular and worse now that it just won't die.
    "First of all I am against an 8 team playoff. There is no way that you could find a single #7 team in the country the last 12 years that had a legitimate claim to being in the national title game. For more on why I think the College regular season is the most important in college football and why an 8 or 16 team playoff would ruin it, check out page 24 and 25 of this years magazine." - Phil Steele

I love the Williams College link, and I really wish I could be down there on Tuesday to scream:

"Mitsu, Mitsu, Don't be blue,
    Oedipus loved his mother too!"
    Emory Football...STILL UNDEFEATED!

Chant: Troy, Troy, Troy .......... and stomping feet at same time on bleachers

Oh wait, that won't work - people never stand up (except of course some of us)

just think it would be "original" and ours - who else will chant Troy - chant on third downs too - think it would sound very good

Quote Originally Posted by pelliott View Post
    chant: Troy, troy, troy .......... And stomping feet at same time on bleachers

oh wait, that won't work - people never stand up (except of course some of us)

just think it would be "original" and ours - who else will chant troy - chant on third downs too - think it would sound very good
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by pelliott View Post
    Chant: Troy, Troy, Troy .......... and stomping feet at same time on bleachers

Oh wait, that won't work - people never stand up (except of course some of us)

just think it would be "original" and ours - who else will chant Troy - chant on third downs too - think it would sound very good
    Dude I agree....lets just get a few people and start the darn thing lmao.

Now do you want it to be one of those chants were it starts out slow then gets really fast?

I was thinking about the slow to fast thing
    I think it would work, but I would like some type of transition

Maybe Troy 5 times or so - and after the last Trojans

Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy TROJANS - AND GET LOUD
    and I do think it would be better to get little faster

SOTS - HELP US OUT HERE -GET IT STARTED

oK MY 2 CENTS

Add MT to the list of schools that do the "It's great to be..." cheer.

The only thing is no one can seem to figure out exactly what the cheer should be.

Some people say "It's great, to be, a Middle Tennessee"

Some people say "It's great, to be, at Middle Tennessee"

Some people say "It's great, to be, from Middle Tennessee"

But yes, this is a highly overused cheer.

Thread Information