Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On campus parking

Default On campus parking

Have fun students!
    Last edited by Mike Cunningham; 08-13-2009 at 08:01 AM.

First day of school! It's going pretty well thus far!

Troy University, the #1 public university in the State of Alabama!

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, senior sports writer Furman Bisher offered
    this commentary: “The Trojans came to town…and they brought one helluva band!”

Unless you live off campus and have to find a parking spot in the morning...

There are a bunch of folks who live on campus that need to be walking to class instead of driving.
    "First of all I am against an 8 team playoff. There is no way that you could find a single #7 team in the country the last 12 years that had a legitimate claim to being in the national title game. For more on why I think the College regular season is the most important in college football and why an 8 or 16 team playoff would ruin it, check out page 24 and 25 of this years magazine." - Phil Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Room Guy View Post
    Unless you live off campus and have to find a parking spot in the morning...

There are a bunch of folks who live on campus that need to be walking to class instead of driving.
    I don't understand why the permits are taking so long to be distributed. That's a huge reason why commuters can't find any parking.

Parking was horrible. i spent 35 minutes trying to find a parking spot within reasonable walking distance of the GAB. i don't understand why the university won't make more parking lots. plenty of land to do so but and it is a constant complaint by students, but nothing ever seems to be done about it.

If people living off campus would just walk to class (or take a bus), the parking situation would be much better. I lived on campus for several years and most of the time, it's actually quicker to walk than drive. The Sartain lot was like playing bumper cars at an amusement park.
    "First of all I am against an 8 team playoff. There is no way that you could find a single #7 team in the country the last 12 years that had a legitimate claim to being in the national title game. For more on why I think the College regular season is the most important in college football and why an 8 or 16 team playoff would ruin it, check out page 24 and 25 of this years magazine." - Phil Steele

I see a day coming when Freshmen won't be allowed to park on campus. I see a day when residents that do not park in resident assigned parking get towed. I see a day when a parking deck will be built. But that day may be far away.
    Just Browsing.

It is absolutely ridiculous! However, I don't find a problem parking as I utilize the lot next to the football practice fields. There is always a spot available there. People are just under the impression that it is far away, but it's not that bad.
    THE ETERNAL OPTIMIST

Born a Trojan. Will die a Trojan.

Who knows, if Troy keeps producing top-notch pro talent like Umenyiora, Ware, McKelvin and Martin maybe it will be Southern Cal that is eventually known as "The Other" Trojans...

Quote Originally Posted by socrgoly25 View Post
    It is absolutely ridiculous! However, I don't find a problem parking as I utilize the lot next to the football practice fields. There is always a spot available there. People are just under the impression that it is far away, but it's not that bad.
    If you think it's too far to walk from the lot next to the football practice fields and you dont have a blue tag hanging from your rear view mirror, then maybe you have bigger problems then not showing up at class. I park there every day pull up have 5 spaces to my left 25 to my right put on my head phones and relax on a 5ish min walk to class. There is plenty of parking on campus people just have to get over the fact that the University isnt going to build a 6,000 space parking deck on the quad..... You might have to walk a lil bit.

Sorry guys it just annoys when I hear about the parking crisis on campus when there is non you just have to be inconvenienced a lil and realize that there are far more important things that the university needs to spend money on right now than a parking deck that isnt needed by any means.
    Anyone, Any where, Any time! All we have to fear is fear it's self.

It is funny to hear the same complaints about parking that I did when I was in school. My deal was if you lived on campus, you should walk to class. I would tell the off campus students, if you can't find a parking spot, you should get up earlier to get a spot. Even if you can't park right next to the building where your class is, a five minute walk will not kill you.
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

Thread Information