Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uniforms

Default Uniforms

So this past year we got white pants, I'm curious if anyone's heard if the band is planning on replacing any other parts of the uniforms?
    Anyone, Any where, Any time! All we have to fear is fear it's self.

Umm...I would doubt that they're planning on replacing any other parts. I mean...those jackets and coats are only just a few years old. The main reason Mr. Ford wanted white pants is because he feels the band looks larger with the white as opposed to the black. Me personally...I favor the black. But that's the biggest reason he changed to the white pants. I don't forsee him spending money to get new stuff right now. Especially when there's not really a need to at the time.

Yes I doubt any new uniform parts will be introduced. troy4ever is correct, Ford and also the "big whigs" wanted us to look bigger so they got us white pants. I personally love the white pants (march in white pants in high school). They not only make us look bigger but whenever everyone marches in step it looks fantastic from above, of course the side effect is if your marching incorrectly it magnifies it tremendously. And even if we were to get other new parts to the uniforms we couldn't afford them most likely, from what I was told the drumline marched the old black pants because we couldn't afford to get them white ones as well. So hopefully by this season we'll have some white ones for them. Not to mention the incoming freshmen class, we were told that we might reach 350!

Troy University, the #1 public university in the State of Alabama!

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, senior sports writer Furman Bisher offered
    this commentary: “The Trojans came to town…and they brought one helluva band!”

With the SOTS getting new percussion and the university replacing the old Sousaphones, I doubt the uniforms will be getting replaced any time soon.
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sotsclarinet08 View Post
    Yes I doubt any new uniform parts will be introduced. troy4ever is correct, Ford and also the "big whigs" wanted us to look bigger so they got us white pants. I personally love the white pants (march in white pants in high school). They not only make us look bigger but whenever everyone marches in step it looks fantastic from above, of course the side effect is if your marching incorrectly it magnifies it tremendously. And even if we were to get other new parts to the uniforms we couldn't afford them most likely, from what I was told the drumline marched the old black pants because we couldn't afford to get them white ones as well. So hopefully by this season we'll have some white ones for them. Not to mention the incoming freshmen class, we were told that we might reach 350!
    350 members?! Do you have to audition to be in the SOTS now or do you just sign up and you're in?
    Last edited by goe1975; 06-23-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goe1975 View Post
    350 members?! Do you have to audition to be in the SOTS now or do you just sign up and you're in?
    SOTS has never been audition based...it's always if you want to march, come on, there's a place for you.
    (well, that's how I remember it)

JGrimsley
    Troy University Band Alumni
    SOTS 91-97

Thumbs up I don't know what the procedure is......

Quote Originally Posted by goe1975 View Post
    I don't know what the procedure is. But, it must be working. The SOTS has always been FIRST RATE!!! That's what we used to say when I was young. It means the same as AWESOME!!

Last edited by Rette; 06-24-2009 at 08:51 AM.
    Nonetheless, there came a point in time I lost my ability to be an Alabama fan.That was in August of 2001 - the year my school TroyStateUniversity, became a Division I-A football program and direct rival to Alabama and Auburn. At that point, I chose to draw a permanent line.
    Judson C. Edwards
    Go Trojans!!

That's why our motto is: "We have a place for you in the Sound!"

We had around 325 this past season so lose around 10 or 20 people (money issues, transfers, etc) then adding the incoming freshmen class, which I'm told is top notch. Round about figure from Mr. Ford, 350.

Troy University, the #1 public university in the State of Alabama!

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, senior sports writer Furman Bisher offered
    this commentary: “The Trojans came to town…and they brought one helluva band!”

Wish the pants had a black stripe down the side - that would look insanely sharp. But I don't make decisions, I have to follow them. The only change that's happening is that members now have to buy their headgear.
    SOTS Clarinets 2004-2006
    SOTS Tubas 2007- 2009
    KKPsi SPR 06
    USMC 2011-Looking on Heaven's Scenes

Default sash

I wish when they changed the pants that they would have changed the sash to white as well. It would have a much nice looking to it and also change helmets back to what they use to be with the white plum. That would have totally stood out and would have made the band look taller and bigger.

Thread Information