Pep Band for BGSU
    Full Band for Florida
    Pep Band for Ark State
    Full Band for Donthan Marching Festival
    Pep Band for FIU
    Pep Band for WKU
    To Be Announced/Pep Band for Arkansas**
    Full Band for La. Lafayette

**The University of Arkansas trip to Fayatteville, AR is pending at this time.

And Homecoming is the Oct 24 North Texas game, kinda early isn't it...?
    Last edited by sotsclarinet08; 06-12-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Troy University, the #1 public university in the State of Alabama!

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, senior sports writer Furman Bisher offered
    this commentary: “The Trojans came to town…and they brought one helluva band!”

No... that's about typical for HC. Late Oct, Early Nov.
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Yes i know, for me it has always been November. Last year at troy nov and all through high school in nov. so i found it rather odd.

but none the less. its a good date and a good easy win for us =)

I do hope that they decided to take the whole Sound to Arkansas... that would be cool to go to 2 SEC schools and blow down their bands lol... And also Arkansas was the 06 recipient of the Sudler Trophy, so when we show them up and Florida, maybe the Sousa Foundation will look intro Troy. Someone needs to call them and say hey you guys need to have represenatives at these games to see the Sound in full force, perhaps we could get the Sudler Trophy at long last!

I just looked and Dr. Long is on the Sudler Trophy Selection Committee!!

FliryVorru is offline GTT All-SBC Team GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

JP hit it on the head. Since i was there it was always the last week or so of October into very early November. I think the latest homecoming I've been to was a November 4th game.

Also, Dr. Long's been on the Sudler Trophy committee for a while and word on the band room floor is that we've ben getting votes for several years now. I think it's only a matter of time before we get it. Western Carolina finally got it this year so I'm very happy for them. There may be a few more bands that get in line before us (like the Ohio 110, Grambling State, California, etc.) but I don't see why we won't win it before the end of the next decade. This is a very exciting time!
    Last edited by FliryVorru; 06-13-2009 at 12:12 PM.
    SOTS '03-'07: What do we want?!?! GOOD SAX!!!

Strive for the Highest, and All Hail!

"I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody. That's a long way for a lineman to run." - DeWhitt Betterson on Junior Louissaint running for a TD against Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by FliryVorru View Post
    JP hit it on the head. Since i was there it was always the last week or so of October into very early November. I think the latest homecoming I've been to was a November 4th game.

Also, Dr. Long's been on the Sudler Trophy committee for a while and word on the band room floor is that we've ben getting votes for several years now. I think it's only a matter of time before we get it. Western Carolina finally got it this year so I'm very happy for them. There may be a few more bands that get in line before us (like the Ohio 110, Grambling State, California, etc.) but I don't see why we won't win it before the end of the next decade. This is a very exciting time!
    Any reason why there wasn't a 2008 winner? Some of the sites I visited had 07 Indiana and 09 WCU...??

Hearing that makes it all worth while! I didn't know we were getting some votes going around. I'm glad that we are fortunate enough to have someone on the committee from Troy State/University! I know that Ohio 110, Grambling, and others are on the list but I think we should be in line for it sometime soon, ha at least I hope we are. It'd be so cool to be in the band when we receive it! I read that not only do all past and present directors get their own plaques, band members get certificates or something, pretty exciting stuff!

Anyways, sorry for going out on a limb there. I hope that they chose to take the full band to Arkansas, it'd be cool to blow down 2 SEC stadiums in one season! =)

FliryVorru is offline GTT All-SBC Team GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sotsclarinet08 View Post
    Any reason why there wasn't a 2008 winner?
    I have no idea and I can't even venture a guess.
    SOTS '03-'07: What do we want?!?! GOOD SAX!!!

Strive for the Highest, and All Hail!

"I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody. That's a long way for a lineman to run." - DeWhitt Betterson on Junior Louissaint running for a TD against Missouri

Eh...the Sudler Trophy is overrated.

From my understanding, we are not eligible for the Sudler because Dr. Long is on the committee. That would be a conflict of interest. That's just what I heard though.
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Perhaps, but other schools that have won have directors on the committee. So who knows? And if that's the case, that's a stupid reason... I can see if you have 3 or 4 on the committee but not 1...

Thread Information