Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I weird?

This is true, during my stint in the SOTS, I saw several winds and percussionists join TKE, Delta Chi, and help start ATO. Several African-Americans were in Panhellenic Fraternities and Sororities as well. AKA, APhiA, and Zeta Phi Beta all come to mind as having members in the SOTS when I was there. There were a lot of majorettes and dancers that were in social sororities as well. The SOTS is an under-served population of recruitment for socials because they do not know that none of the music organizations have non-exclusivity policies in regards to other organizations on campus or that their recruitment machines do not feel as if they can sway people in the SOTS to join because they feel the majority of us feel swayed towards the music frats. There could be other reasons that involve bias and prejudice, but let's not assume that of our fellow Trojans.

I think one of the best and simplest ways anyone could recruit anyone in the SOTS is taken right out of the pages of the BCM ministry.... provide the band popscicles one afternoon on a water break during band camp. That will win hearts and minds, as well as look good on the pages of community and school involvement sections of any chapter involvement reports to be sent in to a national organization.

More $0.02 for the jar...
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

I agree with you completely. I know that I've pitched Lambda Chi to a lot of good guys, but the one thing that I really hate is how Hollywood portray's fraternity of being huge alcholics, which is true in some cases, but it's about more than that. I know a guy that I would love to get into Lambda Chi Alpha with me, but he won't do it because of the drinking stuff....just a lil tid bit
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

The only way to dispel a myth or falsehood is with the truth.
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPSousa1898 View Post
    The only way to dispel a myth or falsehood is with the truth.
    Ah yes, but as we all know, college students are going to party and drink, that's just the nature of being in college for some ppl. We can not dispel the falsehood when a person see's beer cans laying in every trash can at the houses, and I'm being plural because I know there in all of them, now can we?
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    I agree with you completely. I know that I've pitched Lambda Chi to a lot of good guys, but the one thing that I really hate is how Hollywood portray's fraternity of being huge alcholics, which is true in some cases, but it's about more than that. I know a guy that I would love to get into Lambda Chi Alpha with me, but he won't do it because of the drinking stuff....just a lil tid bit

Back during my first few years at Troy I did partake quite abit in consuming adult beverages with my fraternity brothers, but I also do remember some of the best times I ever got wasted was at band "Green Book Parties". Some of the best "punch" I've ever had. God bless you Josh Solomon.

Actually, I personally didn't partake too often and have never been drunk. So.... I'm a rarity. lol

Thread Information