Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Idea on the Show

Default Any Idea on the Show

Has anybody heard what charts the SOTS will be using for their shows this year? I was also wondering how many will be in the band this season. Last year they were well over 300.

Quote Originally Posted by JCTroy75 View Post
    Has anybody heard what charts the SOTS will be using for their shows this year? I was also wondering how many will be in the band this season. Last year they were well over 300.
    Ford told us on the last day of Concert Band that we will be around 350 this year, we have a lot of new and good incoming freshmen! As far as the show, no word yet. I can't wait to find out what it is! Oh and last year we capped at 325 or 330 I think.
    Last edited by sotsclarinet08; 06-05-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Troy University, the #1 public university in the State of Alabama!

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, senior sports writer Furman Bisher offered
    this commentary: “The Trojans came to town…and they brought one helluva band!”

If it does turn out to be 350, that would be the largest SOTS has ever been. This would be awesome!
    "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill

if we end up at 350 there's no way that we'll fit in the band room and that ppl in Trojan Village will sleep when the Fanfare is being played, or anything for that matter.
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    if we end up at 350 there's no way that we'll fit in the band room and that ppl in Trojan Village will sleep when the Fanfare is being played, or anything for that matter.
    Ha we don't even fit in the band room now. We rarely ever go in there, heck we didn't at all last fall. And as far as the Trojan Village students; its funny hearing stories from them in class. They don't mind it just that it's kinda annoying at times, but they still love us.

I'm sure it makes them mad, and I know we don't fit, it was a pain in the butt to do Drum Major auditions in there, it was so freaking hot. I'd love if we got up to 350 though, more LOW BRASS!
    Caleb L. Palmer
    Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Tau 647
    BLOW SOTS BLOW!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    I'm sure it makes them mad, and I know we don't fit, it was a pain in the butt to do Drum Major auditions in there, it was so freaking hot. I'd love if we got up to 350 though, more LOW BRASS!
    Yeah... It was hot during DM auditions, but well worth it, Josh and Gene will do a great job this year! But hey it's the band's fault for having Trojan Village built there haha, and if i wasn't in the band and I lived there I would love it. Anyways. I hope we get more low brass, NO MORE TRUMPETS PLEASE! ha... Yeah we could use more woodwinds but hey let's face it, we aren't the shinning star in the SOTS, lol. I know it but I still love what I do as a clarinet player.

Hey and at least Smith is getting a major overhaul! Man it looks great so far, I'm gonna be heading by later today to take more pictures. If you aren't here for summer then go check out the pics I already took in the Trojan News category they should be under Smith Renovation.

The band is going to be big again this year, Mr. Ford told me that they already had 26 tubas preregistered as well as 16 mellos. Stopped by the band room today and there was a brand new set of Pearl marching drums being put together, so that will be exciting for the drumline.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyTuba View Post
    The band is going to be big again this year, Mr. Ford told me that they already had 26 tubas preregistered as well as 16 mellos. Stopped by the band room today and there was a brand new set of Pearl marching drums being put together, so that will be exciting for the drumline.
    Oh yeah my friend Xyluss is a new member of the drumline and they sent out letters to them and Dr. Blackstock mention that they got all new battery equipment. That's awesome. And great to hear that 26 sousas have already pre-registered. I remember back in high school counting all the tubas in the Sound at festivals my band would go to lol. And also great for the Mellos, we really needed more last year, but they still did a great job. Only 90 more days till football/marching season, well a lot less if you include marching band.

The closer this year is probably going to be Whipping Post by the Allman Brothers and probably a Santana medley for the another tune.

Also, Band Day will be on Halloween so we will be playing a medley of Halloween tunes when all the kids are on the field.

Thread Information