Thread: The Sound is in Town!

Default The Sound is in Town!

The Sound is indeed the greatest marching band in college football.
    They make a diference in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by tntrojan View Post
    The Sound is indeed the greatest marching band in college football.
    They make a diference in the stands.
    That's a great statement, and I appreciate it. I hated how in high school the entire stadium would get up during halftime to go to the bathroom or the concessions and only the band parents were left to watch us....

Ha, not in college. Well at least not at TROY. That's why I love our fans so much, only a handful of people leave during our halftime shows! Thousands of people actually get to the stadium early just to see us during pregame! I think thats great! Not all college marching bands get that kind of respect! So thank you to all the Trojan Faithful that are indeed true SOTS fans as well.

------------------------------------------------

I'm glad we have a section now! this will be great during the season to have our perspective of the games and such on here.

And yes I agree with you! If the Sound wasn't at the games it would be WAYYY to quite and the Trojans wouldn't win as much lol... I mean it, the team seems to always do better when we're around.

Heck we where on campus for the FAU basketball game, that was the night before we left for the NO bowl and we were asked to attend. So we did and the FAU coach exploded and freaked out from all the crap he was getting from us and he was kicked out of the game... haha it was hilarious! But we killed them so I think we had a great influence. Good times....

Anyways, thanks to hurdlelove for adding this forum! And I can't wait till the Florida game where the Trojans will take down the ALL MIGHTY Gators and Superman.... And last but not least the Gator Band will bow down to the Sound and hand over all their funding! lol that would be awesome! So here's to next season, Go Trojans!
    Last edited by sotsclarinet08; 06-02-2009 at 01:30 AM.

Troy University, the #1 public university in the State of Alabama!

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, senior sports writer Furman Bisher offered
    this commentary: “The Trojans came to town…and they brought one helluva band!”

Thumbs up Long over due.

The Sound Of The South is such an important part of the Troy experience. IMO this was long over due!! Thanks for adding this section to the forum.
    Nonetheless, there came a point in time I lost my ability to be an Alabama fan.That was in August of 2001 - the year my school TroyStateUniversity, became a Division I-A football program and direct rival to Alabama and Auburn. At that point, I chose to draw a permanent line.
    Judson C. Edwards
    Go Trojans!!

FliryVorru is offline GTT All-SBC Team GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

THANK YOU!!! As a band alumni I hope the entire band will flock this this corner and the entire site to contribute to the fan experience.

So, of course, the only way to properly break in the new part of the forum is with it's first video of The Fanfare. Oh yeah... New Orleans Bowl '06 baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJh40SMXbbo

Oh, and a throwback clip with the SotS drumline in the background!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4KYdu5TOIg
    SOTS '03-'07: What do we want?!?! GOOD SAX!!!

Strive for the Highest, and All Hail!

"I looked up and saw Junior running stride for stride and outrunning everybody. That's a long way for a lineman to run." - DeWhitt Betterson on Junior Louissaint running for a TD against Missouri

I'm glad to see that the SOTS has a place on GTT too! They are the best college band in the nation!

BLOW SOTS! WHUP EM ALL!!!!
    We are with you all the way! So, get out there team and FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Let's win to-day!!!

The Sound will be at 11 games this year in some form. The only one they are not going to is Arkansas. Troy is sending pep bands to FIU and ASU, and some other places. Should be a great season for football and halftime!
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

Thread Information