Thread: 11 Games Remain and We Need 7 Ws

Default 11 Games Remain and We Need 7 Ws

Here we are again before another must win game and with this particular game at home vs UNO it is extremely important that we pack the house to support the Trojan Ballas. We are closing in on turning the corner but we need this game because a home loss would slow if not eliminate the momentum from the first back to back road wins since joining the SunBelt. Not to mention we are heading into another tough 2 road game stretch.

Games remaining: (Home games in bold)
    UNO
    UALR
    UNT
    DU
    ASU
    FAU
    MTSU
    WKU
    FIU
    ULL
    USA

We have another must win game tomorrow. GO TROJANS!!!

Navarre Trojan is offline GTT All-American GoTroyTrojans.Com Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ksdtrojan View Post
    Here we are again before another must win game and with this particular game at home vs UNO it is extremely important that we pack the house to support the Trojan Ballas. We are closing in on turning the corner but we need this game because a home loss would slow if not eliminate the momentum from the first back to back road wins since joining the SunBelt. Not to mention we are heading into another tough 2 road game stretch.

Games remaining: (Home games in bold)
    UNO 3-4, 8-10
    UALR [B]6-1, 13-5 (West Division Leader)
    UNT 4-3, 11-7
    DU 2-5, 7-11
    ASU 4-3, 12-6 (2nd in West)
    FAU 0-7, 4-15 (LAST PLACE in East)
    MTSU 5-1, 11-7 (2nd in East)
    WKU 6-1, 12-6 (East Divisin Leader)
    FIU 3-4, 8-12
    ULL 3-3, 6-11
    USA 4-3, 11-7

We have another must win game tomorrow. GO TROJANS!!!
    Based on todays (21/01/09) standings
    Probable Wins:
    UNO
    DU
    FAU
    FIU
    USA (becasue it is at home but they will be pissed!)

Toss-ups:
    UNT
    Ark St (Becasue we are at home)
    MTSU (May be for 2nd place in the East if we continue to play well)
    ULL

Probable Losses:
    UALR (we could gain some valuable confidence if we beat UNO before we hit the road)
    WKU (although it is Valentines Day - at in Troy - but they are a really good basketball team)

So, if we win those predicted, we have to win two of the four toss-ups. Which is entirely possible since Ark St and MTSU are in Troy.

We have 6 home games left, win those, and pick up one or two on the road, we will be in pretty good shape. Anything above that will just be additional confidence and chemistry for this team that has struggled a lot this year, whether it be coaching, players ability to learn and or play at this level, or whatever. Get into the Sun Belt tournament, make a run and see what happens!

I wish they played that tournament at a neutral site, like the Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi. That would be an awesome venue (besides, I really like Biloxi)
    "...The one ingredient we do have is speed, and that cures a lot of ills.” Larry Blakeney
    Lifetime Alumni Association Member
    Trojan Warrior Council Member and Donor
    Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter Member
    Trojan Shield Society

www.emeraldcoasttroyalumni.com

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArt...ATCLID=1588380

The city of Hot Springs, the number one tourist destination for the entire state of Arkansas, will host the Sun Belt Conference Men’s and Women’s Basketball Championships from March 7-10 at Summit Arena in 2009. This is the first of three years that the Sun Belt Conference will team with Hot Springs and Summit Arena to host the annual championships. Other than 1992 and 1993, when the Sun Belt Conference basketball tournament was played at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Miss., this will mark the only time the conference tournament has not been played in the city of one of the Sun Belt schools.

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Navarre Trojan View Post
    Probable Losses:
    WKU (although it is Valentines Day - at in Troy - but they are a really good basketball team)
    Troy is 4-2 in the Don Maestri era in games played on Valentine's Day. They got a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanGranger View Post
    Troy is 4-2 in the Don Maestri era in games played on Valentine's Day. They got a chance!
    Yeah but they are 0-2 on those days when the games start at exactly the right time, the temperature goes down more than 3 degrees during the game, and DM sneezes during the first 5 minutes of the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by CHughes1102 View Post
    Yeah but they are 0-2 on those days when the games start at exactly the right time, the temperature goes down more than 3 degrees during the game, and DM sneezes during the first 5 minutes of the first half.
    Someone tape his nose shut then.
    "Hey man you want some free UAB tickets?"

"Nah, I think I'll stab myself in the eye with this huge knife."

Thread Information