*** RB Shawn Southward - source: scout.com
    *** S Phillip Thomas - source: rivals.com
    *** S Carlton Callender* - source: rivals.com
    *** RB Anthony Gulley - source: rivals.com
    ** DE Malcolm Mitchell** - source: rivals.com

- - - - - - - -

added:

WR Anthony Williams

... "Chamberlain WR Anthony Williams is making an official visit to Troy this weekend and might take a trip to Rutgers the weekend after that." ... (tampabay.com)

RB Shawn Southward

... Southward has visits scheduled to Troy and then to BYU the weekend after that. He has yet to set up a visit with Florida State. ... “I visit Troy this weekend and I really like them," said Southward. “They’re a local school, which I like, and I could see myself signing there to be sure. , scout.com

- - - - - -

*** S Torell Miller cancels Troy visit and commits to Kansas State.

.."Miller also had official offers from Louisiana Tech, ULL, ULM, Troy, Southern and Jackson State. Miller said he canceled scheduled visits to Troy set for this weekend and Louisiana Tech on Jan. 30. A temperature of 20 degrees during his visit did not chill his enthusiasm for Kansas State. .." (The Times-Picayune)

- - - - - -

*Carlton Callender committed to Kansas State, yesterday
    ** Malcolm Mitchell committed to UAB, yesterday
    Last edited by Trojan2003; 01-20-2009 at 03:48 AM.

Default Brantley's Gulley says he'll commit to Auburn

Brantley's Gulley says he'll commit to Auburn

Posted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News January 20, 2009 2:53 PM
    Categories: Football, Recruiting

Auburn is in the process of picking up a commitment from Brantley High School's Anthony Gulley.

Gulley, listed as an ``athlete'' but a running back by trade, told AuburnUndercover.com today that he will inform Auburn coaches this week that he's committing. He visited Auburn last weekend and cancelled a scheduled visit to Troy this weekend.

Gulley, who is 5-foot-11, 185, would be Auburn's 20th commitment on its ever-changing commitment list.

Gulley rushed for 1,188 yards and 18 touchdowns on only 86 carries last season. He said he might play college baseball, too.
    It's starting to look not so good on Gulley...I hope Coach Pierce can take him on the field and put his baseball picture on the wall in rightfield to show him he can play baseball there too...Coach Wasden, you're on the clock...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post

It's starting to look not so good on Gulley...I hope Coach Pierce can take him on the field and put his baseball picture on the wall in rightfield to show him he can play baseball there too...Coach Wasden, you're on the clock...
    Gulley will not come to Troy. Actually, he unofficially committed (soft verbal) to Auburn last week.

There is alot of Aubbie support in Brantley, AL...I am not shocked by his decision to go to Auburn.

Arrow CB Jamal Reid (4-star Miami commit)

moved to "prospect update 2009":

-> http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/...593#post111593
    Last edited by Trojan2003; 01-22-2009 at 04:43 PM.

Looks like his recruiter is out, so Wasden may get his shot this weekend...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Scratch Phillip Thomas off the list...
    This upcoming weekend, he will hit the road again, but it won't be to Troy were he was scheduled to visit earlier. Instead his plan is to make his way to upstate New York to check out a Big East program.

"I am supposed to head to Syracuse on Friday," Thomas added. "They just really got in the picture. They are actually doing an in-home visit with me (Wednesday). Coach (Scott) Shafer, the defensive coordinator is supposed to come see me today at home. He was telling me that they all just got to the school 12 days ago but they got my film, watched it, and wanted to immediately come talk to me."

...plus his brother played for FSU and they're trying to get him on campus soon...

From an Auburn board on rivals.com...TROY is still in the running for Anthony Gulley...

From an Auburn board on rivals.com...TROY is still in the running for Anthony Gulley...
    Hopefully, we can land Gulley (Ht: 5-foot-11, Wt: 185 lbs, Forty: 4.4 secs.) Auburn offered him as a WR. However, he could also play Safety (or RB obviously). ESPN.com: "... Physical skills may be better suited at safety where he shows good range, athleticism and ball skills. Overall, Gulley could be a sleeper in the athlete category. Skills as a returner add to his upside. Potentially a late bloomer. ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2003 View Post
    Hopefully, we can land Gulley (Ht: 5-foot-11, Wt: 185 lbs, Forty: 4.4 secs.) Auburn offered him as a WR. However, he could also play Safety (or RB obviously). ESPN.com: "... Physical skills may be better suited at safety where he shows good range, athleticism and ball skills. Overall, Gulley could be a sleeper in the athlete category. Skills as a returner add to his upside. Potentially a late bloomer. ..."
    Yes, and the caveat is the baseball offer...

Thread Information