Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early Look 2009, Returning Starters (Phil Steele)

If the O line comes through we wll be a SCOREING machine! If the D comes through also we will be a DANGEROUS machine!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    Defensively you have the Killer Bs, B Lang, Super Mario, Searcy, the Lamb Bros, Boudreaux, Roussell...Golden, etc...good safeties and corners...
    Don't forget about Eugene Kinlaw! He will impress!

Quote Originally Posted by ksdtrojan View Post
    Don't forget about Eugene Kinlaw! He will impress!
    Oh, don't worry, I only counted the guys that are here...! It only gets better when the "new guys" get here...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFootball05 View Post
    Look out for Chip Reeves. I'm in the Music Industry Program at Troy and I saw him in the Mac Lab a few days ago. He said he and Jarboe are starting next year on opposite sides of the field. He seemed pretty confident. I believe he said he and Jarboe are roommates, don't quote me on that though.

Could be Jernigan, Reeves, Jarboe, and Williams?
    He was in the Music Lab......and he rooms with Jarobee, keep him away from any recording devices. One gagsta rap video was bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Discophobia View Post
    He was in the Music Lab......and he rooms with Jarobee, keep him away from any recording devices. One gagsta rap video was bad enough.
    I've met the guy, he seems like a good guy. I think it's a little early to pass judgement on the kid.
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

TroyFootball05.....pass judgement? it was a joke. I didnt say he was a gangsta rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Discophobia View Post
    TroyFootball05.....pass judgement? it was a joke. I didnt say he was a gangsta rapper.
    My bad, I misinterpreted your words. Anyways, look for him to be similar to Jernigan or Kennard Burton. He has sub 4.4 speed and can catch pretty well.

Let's just hope this whole Jarboe thing blows over so we'll have even more power on offense. Not trying to stir the pot, but don't you guys think it's a little odd that there hasn't been any real news about it? Hopefully it means everything is being taken care of.
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

Quiet, you mean like the way the Mainor thing disappeared then the Glusman thing went away. This too shall pass, they always do!

Quote Originally Posted by discophobia View Post
    quiet, you mean like the way the mainor thing disappeared then the glusman thing went away. This too shall pass, they always do!
    shhhhhh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFootball05 View Post
    Seems like they're doing that on their own, have you seen their recruiting class? It's pretty hard. This is going to be a tough game.
    UAB hopefully has already hit rock bottom in 2007. Our team showed alot of progress last season finishing 4-8 overall including 2 losses that came in the last minute or so of the game... including a 4pt loss to ECU, the eventual CUSA champs. UAB also had halftime leads against Tulsa and Houston only to lose that lead in the 2nd half (mostly due to a lack of depth and experience).

But in 2009, UAB will be tied for tops in the nation in regards to most returning starters. And to this point, UAB's recruiting continues to impress even the most optimistic of UAB fans. With a total of 17 commitments so far... 12 are 3-star recruits... 1 is a 4-star recruit. And many good prospects remain with 4-star recruit Larvez Mars and 4-star Taikwon Paige listing "High" interest in UAB.

Looking forward to next year's game...

Thread Information