Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Look 2009, Returning Starters (Phil Steele)

Default Early Look 2009, Returning Starters (Phil Steele)

Troy (11): (OFF: 7*, DEF: 4, ST:2)

Alabama-Birmingham (19): (OFF: 11*, DEF: 8, ST: 0)

Arkansas ( 18 ): (OFF: 8, DEF:10, ST:1)

Arkansas State (15): (OFF: 7*, DEF: 8, ST: 1)

Bowling Green (10): (OFF: 6*, DEF: 4, ST:0)

Florida Atl. (10): (OFF: 6*, DEF:4, ST:1)

Florida Int. (13): (OFF:9*, DEF:4, ST:2)

Florida ( 18 ): (OFF:7*, DEF: 11, ST:1)

Louisiana-Lafayette (15): (OFF:7, DEF:8, ST:1)

Louisiana-Monroe (17): (OFF:8, DEF:9, ST:2)

MTSU (16): (OFF:10, DEF: 6, ST:2)

North Texas (17): (OFF: 8*, DEF: 9, ST:1) - actually OFF: 7

Western Kentucky (13): (OFF:8, DEF:5, ST:1)

An (*) next to the offense means the quarterback is returning.

-> http://www.philsteele.com/FBS%20Info/earlylook2009.html
    Last edited by Trojan2003; 01-17-2009 at 04:09 PM.

I think ULM is gonna be a team to watch next year. They had the talent this year, but just couldn't put it together. And most of those guys are coming back. I know their QB is gone but their backup is the one who beat us. I don't know if he's coming back or not, but ULM has the potential to do some damage in the SBC next year.
    "It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose." - Darrin Weinberg

UAB almost returns every starter from a team that got better and better as the season progressed. We have to beat them this fall - we don't have a choice actually. If we don't beat UAB, it would put a big damper on what we've accomplished in trying to separate ourselves from them in the I-A pecking order in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoaNellie!!! View Post
    UAB almost returns every starter from a team that got better and better as the season progressed. We have to beat them this fall - we don't have a choice actually. If we don't beat UAB, it would put a big damper on what we've accomplished in trying to separate ourselves from them in the I-A pecking order in the state.
    That is a very accurate statement.
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoaNellie!!! View Post
    it would put a big damper on what we've accomplished in trying to separate ourselves from them in the I-A pecking order in the state.
    Seems like they're doing that on their own, have you seen their recruiting class? It's pretty hard. This is going to be a tough game.
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

With an OC that did pretty good his 1st yr out and a new D line coach that is very good in his own right, I like this team's chances now better than the chances we had in '06. Troy started out on what was arguably the most difficult 5 game stretch since moving up...We've settled into the offense and we have a decent D...we just give up too many big plays. UAB will be a good gauge for Troy, but with the Killer Bs and Co. roaming from sideline to sideline, AT HOME, I like our chances...

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    With an OC that did pretty good his 1st yr out and a new D line coach that is very good in his own right, I like this team's chances now better than the chances we had in '06. Troy started out on what was arguably the most difficult 5 game stretch since moving up...We've settled into the offense and we have a decent D...we just give up too many big plays. UAB will be a good gauge for Troy, but with the Killer Bs and Co. roaming from sideline to sideline, AT HOME, I like our chances...
    I had no idea it was his first year. He did a great job imo. The D-Line is going to be abolutely mad! There's no two ways about it. Eugene is bigger than both starting DT's from last year and best of all, he has monster talent. If massaquoi makes it, oh man, it's gonna be absolute destruction for everyone's o-lines.
    STLouis Blazer - "Our corners could take a lesson from Troys. Those guys were all over our WRs like white on rice. Sadly, our guys avoided their WRs like they had the plague."

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFootball05 View Post
    I had no idea it was his first year. He did a great job imo. The D-Line is going to be abolutely mad! There's no two ways about it. Eugene is bigger than both starting DT's from last year and best of all, he has monster talent. If massaquoi makes it, oh man, it's gonna be absolute destruction for everyone's o-lines.
    Don't forget that DT out of Nebraska (Dixon)! He'll play this one season and be an immediate impact player, like Chris Bradwell was. Ask anyone that plays defensive line on the team, they'll tell you. BEAST!
    THE ETERNAL OPTIMIST

Born a Trojan. Will die a Trojan.

Who knows, if Troy keeps producing top-notch pro talent like Umenyiora, Ware, McKelvin and Martin maybe it will be Southern Cal that is eventually known as "The Other" Trojans...

Quote Originally Posted by socrgoly25 View Post
    Don't forget that DT out of Nebraska (Dixon)! He'll play this one season and be an immediate impact player, like Chris Bradwell was. Ask anyone that plays defensive line on the team, they'll tell you. BEAST!
    Run QBs, run!!! I'd like to know what coaches Crain and Butler are thinking about the '09 season...can you find out socrgoly?

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbrutha View Post
    Run QBs, run!!! I'd like to know what coaches Crain and Butler are thinking about the '09 season...can you find out socrgoly?
    I may be able to find out in time. I'm actually taking Coaching Football with Coach Blakeney as an elective for my Sports Management degree. Throughout the semester, we will be taught different aspects of coaching from each coach. Right now, he has Coach Wasden teaching us Special Teams. Believe me when I say, after a couple of days sitting with Coach Wasden, I can understand why we want him to stay around so bad. Man could be the heir apparent.
    THE ETERNAL OPTIMIST

Born a Trojan. Will die a Trojan.

Who knows, if Troy keeps producing top-notch pro talent like Umenyiora, Ware, McKelvin and Martin maybe it will be Southern Cal that is eventually known as "The Other" Trojans...

Thread Information