Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Troy vs ULM

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    4,623
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoaNellie!!! View Post
    Do you prefer your "crow" blackened or fried?
    I prefer a medium snack extra sauce from Crowe's.

    The crow you are refering to cannot be served until after the season is over. If we win more than we lose and we don't have a fifth straight losing season. Serve up the crow and I will gladly eat as many helpings as you would like. We have some very tough games coming up. I am attempting to be supportive of the team that represents TROY. I don't like the coaching philosophy of this coaching staff and I never have but I will still support the team. Without going into alot of detail, I believe this team has the talent and has had the talent over the last five years (this year included) to at least have winning seasons. If the talent is there then coaching must not be. More later....

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    A few blocks from the Rose Bowl
    Posts
    296
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksdtrojan View Post
    I prefer a medium snack extra sauce from Crowe's.

    The crow you are refering to cannot be served until after the season is over. If we win more than we lose and we don't have a fifth straight losing season. Serve up the crow and I will gladly eat as many helpings as you would like. We have some very tough games coming up. I am attempting to be supportive of the team that represents TROY. I don't like the coaching philosophy of this coaching staff and I never have but I will still support the team. Without going into alot of detail, I believe this team has the talent and has had the talent over the last five years (this year included) to at least have winning seasons. If the talent is there then coaching must not be. More later....
    There's nothing wrong with the coaching. I worked under Maestri for four years and he and Flex are two of the best. They've endured quite a lot and have still found a way to be successful.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    3,460
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoaNellie!!! View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the coaching. I worked under Maestri for four years and he and Flex are two of the best. They've endured quite a lot and have still found a way to be successful.
    Except for the last FIVE years. Other coaches have been fired for less. I don't doubt they know the Xs and Os. I too think it is a style of play thing along with some flaws in fundamentals in the players that have many of us frustrated. Those flaws in fundamentals can be fixed by coaching and we just have not seen it.

    That said, I hope that we end up with a winning record in conference and overall and that momentum carries over to next season becuase I love college basketball and want us to be in contention for the SBC crown and the automatic berth every year.
    Last edited by TrojanEmpire; 01-18-2009 at 07:24 AM.
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    A few blocks from the Rose Bowl
    Posts
    296
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanEmpire View Post
    Except for the last FIVE years. Other coaches have been fired for less. I don't doubt they know the Xs and Os. I too think it is a style of play thing along with some flaws in fundamentals in the players that have many of us frustrated. Those flaws in fundamentals can be fixed by coaching and we just have not seen it.

    That said, I hope that we end up with a winning record in conference and overall and that momentum carries over to next season becuase I love college basketball and want us to be in contention for the SBC crown and the automatic berth every year.
    They teach fundamentals with the best of 'em. The problem has been the move from the cozy confines of the A-Sun to the frying pan of the Sun Belt. No need to go into that because we all know the difficulties our basketball program was going to face once we began play in the Belt. Our administration now knows it, if they already didn't when we first entered the conference. That's why they're now calling for a new arena in order to give our recruiting a boost.

    This season's team is obviously getting better and that has mostly to do with chemistry (not fundamentals or x's and o's). A few weeks ago I was talking with a former Trojan player from the late Division II and early Division One days and he and I agreed that early in the season our guys weren't playing with any chemistry or togetherness. Now, they seem to have caught on to one another. You can't really coach chemistry - either players want to work together or they don't.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenville, AL
    Posts
    7,020
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoaNellie!!! View Post
    They teach fundamentals with the best of 'em. The problem has been the move from the cozy confines of the A-Sun to the frying pan of the Sun Belt. No need to go into that because we all know the difficulties our basketball program was going to face once we began play in the Belt. Our administration now knows it, if they already didn't when we first entered the conference. That's why they're now calling for a new arena in order to give our recruiting a boost.

    This season's team is obviously getting better and that has mostly to do with chemistry (not fundamentals or x's and o's). A few weeks ago I was talking with a former Trojan player from the late Division II and early Division One days and he and I agreed that early in the season our guys weren't playing with any chemistry or togetherness. Now, they seem to have caught on to one another. You can't really coach chemistry - either players want to work together or they don't.
    WhoaNellie! I'm with you 100%...you can see a difference from the start of the season until now...I saw more emotion towards the end of the ULM game than I did in the USA game and I think they're starting to trust one another more.

    (Hey, since you know DM...tell him that if TJ doesn't dunk the ball in traffic that he has to run laps during the games...)

    That's just between you and me though...

    “I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Millbrook, AL
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoaNellie!!! View Post
    early in the season our guys weren't playing with any chemistry or togetherness. Now, they seem to have caught on to one another. You can't really coach chemistry - either players want to work together or they don't.
    Chemistry would improve if we recruited more out of the high school ranks and players had four years to gel. When the team is so different every year because of jucos and transfers of course chemistry will be an issue.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    A few blocks from the Rose Bowl
    Posts
    296
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Nomad View Post
    Chemistry would improve if we recruited more out of the high school ranks and players had four years to gel. When the team is so different every year because of jucos and transfers of course chemistry will be an issue.
    It's tough to sign quality high school kids at this level. If they are really good players, they get scooped up by more high-profile programs. As a result, you're forced to go the JUCO route.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,575
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoaNellie!!! View Post
    It's tough to sign quality high school kids at this level. If they are really good players, they get scooped up by more high-profile programs. As a result, you're forced to go the JUCO route.
    Not exactly...good high school players are all over the country. You just dont know it because of the biased rankings. If you really wanted to, unlike DM, you can go on the road recruiting and find guys that fit your style.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    A few blocks from the Rose Bowl
    Posts
    296
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHughes1102 View Post
    Not exactly...good high school players are all over the country. You just dont know it because of the biased rankings. If you really wanted to, unlike DM, you can go on the road recruiting and find guys that fit your style.
    I didn't realize that you are a recruiting expert, Hughes. What can you not do?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    4,623
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoaNellie!!! View Post
    I didn't realize that you are a recruiting expert, Hughes. What can you not do?
    You're defending DM on his recruiting habits yet by his own admission he is not a good recruiter or maybe it is that he doesn't care to recruit anymore. I am not sure which is his reasoning but he said he doesn't like to be on the road recruiting and if that is true then he doesn't do a very good job in that area.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •