Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attn. TMTDM Players: Old Sunken Mess Player, AD AND Coach Running Mouth!!!

Default Attn. TMTDM Players: Old Sunken Mess Player, AD AND Coach Running Mouth!!!

WTF is this??? The arrogance of these people is sickening.

Patience pays off
    By PATRICK MAGEE • December 18, 2008

Southern Miss football coach Larry Fedora arrived on the Hattiesburg campus one year ago with an energy that quickly caught fans' attention and brought an excitement that eventually translated into record attendance.

"To be honest, the rough part of our season was playing at home," Fedora said. "That's why it was phenomenal that we set a record for attendance at Southern Miss this year." Look at Troy, they won the conference and can't draw like we can."

A 70-14 destruction of UAB at home on Nov. 1 began a four-game winning streak to put USM (6-6) in this Sunday's New Orleans Bowl against Troy (8-4). A team which won the SunBelt Conference, but lost to UL-Monroe.

The players point to Fedora's ability to motivate as a major reason that the team was able to dig its way out of the midseason slump and put the Eagles in their 11th bowl game in the past 12 seasons and with a good chance to start a new Bowl winning streak.

"Even though we lost to Boise State, you could tell that the spark was starting to spark off. We beat UAB and it started rolling. I give Fedora all the credit, he's an excellent motivator."

"He only stayed one way through the tough times and great times," said Ed Morgan, senior wide receiver. "We practiced the same, ate the same thing and didn't change anything.

The players' description of Fedora falls in line with the ideal for a real players' coach.

"It's been upbeat every day," said Gerald McRath, USM junior linebacker. "It's great to have him around and the rest of the coaching staff. You never see him upset and he's always positive. He's always looking out for the guys and you see him around constantly. His door is always open and he's always willing to talk with you. I think after we win Sunday night, the sky is the limit for this team next year and down the road in the future."

Fedora sold his brand of football to athletic director Richard Giannini in the interviewing process, and the first-year coach has only reinforced his positive first impression.

Giannini's approval was evident when he was grinning from ear to ear as he stood outside the locker room following the bowl-clinching win over SMU.

"I think from day one, he really lighted a torch here for the future of the program the day he stepped on the stage for his press conference a year ago," Giannini said."With our win Sunday, i think our program will have taken that next step."

"Losing can become mental but they fought through all that because they believed in what they were doing. They turned it around and had a lot of great success. We're just pleased he's here with us at Southern Miss."

"This first team had a lot of guts and a lot of character," Fedora said. "The seniors did a great job of leading the team and picking them back up when everybody was on the bottom, and pulling them through. This weekends game will top off the season. That's what I'll remember most."
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

Wow, there is nothing like being just a little confident! Hell, they think we are North Texas. I think its funny how arrogant these guys are because we are from the Sun Belt. Can you say overlooked and overdue by 4 games for a serious beatdown. They are hanging the highpoint of their season on the fact that they beat UAB. Thats like us bragging about beating Alcorn.

Default Come on Ho....

Come on Mr. Ho...even a moron like me....can find the actual article on the web....makes us look bad to post inacurate and made up quotes... You've just doctored the information. That doesn't help anyone...I'm ashamed Mr. Ho....

Quote Originally Posted by TSUALUM View Post
    Come on Mr. Ho...even a moron like me....can find the actual article on the web....makes us look bad to post inacurate and made up quotes... You've just doctored the information. That doesn't help anyone...I'm ashamed Mr. Ho....
    Mr. Ho thinks he is really cute and funny. In reality, he is the joke. USM fans have figured that out for a while now. This pathetic attempt to inflame Troy fans is just one more sad example. What is really sad is that he really does think he is humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRock View Post
    Mr. Ho thinks he is really cute and funny. In reality, he is the joke. USM fans have figured that out for a while now. This pathetic attempt to inflame Troy fans is just one more sad example. What is really sad is that he really does think he is humorous.
    Anyone that posts here kinda knows what the deal is and those articles are "tongue-in-cheek"...but those TMTDMers are gonna put foot to @$$ Sunday night!

Go Troy!!!

“I quit worrying about Auburn and Alabama. They’re cowards and you can print that,” he said. “Troy people would love to play them, but they’re chicken. I’m not talking about the (Alabama or Auburn) coaches and the players. I’m talking about the ones who wear the panties who make decisions.” --LB by way of the SavannahNow.com

Yeah that crap is getting annoying now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ho View Post
    WTF is this??? The arrogance of these people is sickening.
    You are one weak and jealous little man.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold1 View Post
    ...said the ice cream man.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold1 View Post
    Mr. Ho jealous? Life good for Mr. Ho. He have USC Song Girl wife, giant gas-guzzling Caddilac and degree that say TMTDM on it. He also have LB on his side too.

What else he need? Job at FedEx Sorting Center?
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

WOW, talk about an inferior complex. Lets take a look at this so called display of arrogance towards Comdom State U by Southern Miss.

Your first bolded statement is a statement of fact. We had never lost three straight CUSA games before. Been decades since we lost three straight at the Rock and I can't remember when the last time was we lost five straight. Our fans had nothing to be excited about, but we kept showing up supporting our team and coaching staff, and broke a attendance record in the process. Hats off to my fellow Southern Miss fans.

Your second bolded statement is yet another statement of fact, by a sports writer. I mean, you did lose to ULM, right?

Your third bolded statement is again, a statement of fact by the sports writer again. We do have a CHANCE to win the game.

You fourth and fifth bolded statement really makes you look like a first grader. We fully expect our AD and Head Coach to to into this game thinking we can win. Maybe you think they should have warned Southern Miss fans to not come into this game expecting anything but to be blown out by Comdom State. Maybe thats what other Sun Belch teams do, you won't find it here.

And didn't Fedora already get quoted on this board as saying Troy would be tough and looking at the film they have found no weakness in the team?

Congrats Mr *****, you have just proven yourself lamer than any UAB fan I have every run across.

Thread Information