Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conference "6-6" On Last Leg; OSM Left Out In Cold

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. Eagle View Post
    Yeah...you guys are certainly on equal footing with C-USA...with your champion playing our 6th place team...What will you say if Southern Miss beats you?....hmmmmm?...28 - 14, Southern Miss....
    Wait a minute, did you just dog your own team (rubs eyes, makes sure read correctly)? You just made USM sound like a sloppy skanky ho of someone with 5 other mistresses on the side. Is it so important for you to try and run down a "lowly" Sun Belt squad that you would belittle your own team in the process by pointing out how they are just a 6th place also-ran? That may not have been your intention, but you being an obvious half-wit, that's what you just did. It's just like saying, "Yeah, dude, if you are so cool, how come you have a prom date with my ugly-as-sin sister?" There's loyalty for ya, and I am sure your eavesdropping sister will love you always for it.

I tell you guys, if the day ever comes that Troy gets in a bigger conference, and we stink it up and go 6-6 and sneak into a bowl low on the totem pole and I start talking down the Trojans just to try and belittle the champion of the "lesser" conference we are matched up with, ban me for life, will ya? That's pitiful.

The perception of the SunBelt will stay the same until at least half of the conference members become competitive against FBS OOC opponents no matter who the SunBelt adds or loses. I can see C-USA filling holes before their members leave for other conferences even if they lose Memphis and ECU like the blog mentioned in Mr. Ho's initial post indicates.

My question is this: Which would the BIG EAST want to improve first? Basketball or Football. I see the BIG EAST as being very strong in Basketball and barely competitive in football on the power-6 scale.

I have seen some mention of Boston College going back to the BIG EAST in some of the speculation that I have read because of it's proximity to the BIG EAST teams. Who knows what will happen? Probably nothing!

If we are "spit balling" here, why not have the BIG East expand to 12 teams.

North Division
    Cincinnati
    Pittsburgh
    Rutgers
    Connecticut
    Syracuse
    West Virginia

South Division
    East Carolina
    South Florida
    Louisville
    Southern Mississippi
    Troy
    UCF

Then you create a conference Championship game.

You lose credibility Mr Ho by talking like a Chinese Immigrant. When you can speak like an adult, I might respond to your senseless post. Until then, better hurry up before the bell rings and you are tardy!

Quote Originally Posted by TSUALUM View Post
    If we are "spit balling" here, why not have the BIG East expand to 12 teams.

North Division
    Cincinnati
    Pittsburgh
    Rutgers
    Connecticut
    Syracuse
    West Virginia

South Division
    East Carolina
    South Florida
    Louisville
    Southern Mississippi
    Troy
    UCF

Then you create a conference Championship game.
    I would SO love to join the Big East, but sadly our Basketball program will be the Albatros around our neck that keeps us from going. The Big East is more than likely willing to take a program like Memphis over us because of basketball arena size alone.

But on a plus side IF the Big East takes a Memphis or a East Carolina, that would create an opening in CUSA and even though it would be a lateral movement for our program it might just give us a bit more respect and credibility to our detractors.

So lets start working on our Basketball Arena and hopefully we'll get an invite before the conference realignment.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRon View Post
    You lose credibility Mr Ho by talking like a Chinese Immigrant. When you can speak like an adult, I might respond to your senseless post. Until then, better hurry up before the bell rings and you are tardy!
    You not understand TMTDM if you not understand Mr. Ho. Beside, Mr. Ho never tardy, he just not show up.
    I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.

- C. Montgomery Burns

Hire Steve Campbell or Mike Turk...TODAY!!!

Eagle Ron, How dare you come on our board and make fun of Mr. Ho. You sir know nothing about the city of Troy if you do not know the major contributions of Mr. Ho. He has been a successful businessman in the city for years. His love of Chinese cooking and Trojan football are the stuff legends are made of. I suggest sir that you take your rants and insults back to the USM board becuase you know nothing of Troy or Trojan football if you dont know HO!

Didn't mean nothing by it. We have a East Carolina poster who talks like a Pirate. Just seems childish for those of us on the outside. Mr Ho, I do apologize. It seems you are well respected among the Troy faithful. Confucious Say: "Man who goes to bed with itchy booty, wake up with stinky fingers"!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRon View Post
    He is a very respected member of the community despite the fact he never actually got his green card. He is involved in numerous charities despite working long hours at his restaurant. He is especially active with The Humane Society. He has never turned down any of the hundreds of strays taken to him. It is amazing he can find homes for all of those dogs and cats.

Quote Originally Posted by fbfan View Post
    He is a very respected member of the community despite the fact he never actually got his green card. He is involved in numerous charities despite working long hours at his restaurant. He is especially active with The Humane Society. He has never turned down any of the hundreds of strays taken to him. It is amazing he can find homes for all of those dogs and cats.
    Hmmm....chinese restaurant owner taking in amazing number of cats and dogs.

Just kidding, just kidding!

Thread Information