Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dothan Eagle: Troy players find a new way to ‘scoot’ around campus

Default Dothan Eagle: Troy players find a new way to ‘scoot’ around campus

DOTHAN EAGLE

Troy players find a new way to ‘scoot’ around campus

Published: July 30, 2008

TROY — There’s a new trend now with Troy University football players.

Chained to the fence by the Tine Davis Fieldhouse are a number of electric scooters — mostly ones with seats that are easily purchased at Wal-Mart or Sam’s Club.

“It makes it a lot easier to get around campus,” quarterback Tanner Jones said. “It makes a five-minute walk about a minute.”

It started late in the spring, when running back Nate Nolin came home with a scooter. His two roommates, tight end Travis Boyd and linebacker Bear Woods, were wondering about it.

[...]

-> http://www.dothaneagle.com/dea/sport..._campus/29815/

Question Do they look like this??

Do they look like this??

Last edited by Rette; 07-31-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    Nonetheless, there came a point in time I lost my ability to be an Alabama fan.That was in August of 2001 - the year my school TroyStateUniversity, became a Division I-A football program and direct rival to Alabama and Auburn. At that point, I chose to draw a permanent line.
    Judson C. Edwards
    Go Trojans!!

We can't pay our coaches more money, but we can afford scooters for the players. Genius!

Did you read anything in the article that said that these were being paid for by the University.. That would be an extra benefit and definitely against NCAA policies. These kids are buying them themselves. I think it is pretty bright. You don't have to worry about parking issues and gas... Wow.. gas is definitely a saver on these things..
    Michael Bell
    Go Trojans!!!!
    Like Amazon? Use My Amazon Store!! Always the best prices on Electronics, DVDs and Books!
    www.michaellbell.com/new_home.html

TU Rob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TU/JSU Fan View Post
    Did you read anything in the article that said that these were being paid for by the University.. That would be an extra benefit and definitely against NCAA policies. These kids are buying them themselves. I think it is pretty bright. You don't have to worry about parking issues and gas... Wow.. gas is definitely a saver on these things..
    Yeah, I took it that one guy got one, and several of them liked it. It even said they drove to Dothan to get them.

Are they riding these?

MT"S #1 Message Board is on the Scout Network at http://www.BlueRaiderZone.com

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    Are they riding these?

Looks like the Murfreesboro model to me. You should know that having been up in those parts.
    THE ETERNAL OPTIMIST

Born a Trojan. Will die a Trojan.

Who knows, if Troy keeps producing top-notch pro talent like Umenyiora, Ware, McKelvin and Martin maybe it will be Southern Cal that is eventually known as "The Other" Trojans...

lol that looking like something you would see around during pregame tailgating
    Anyone, Any where, Any time! All we have to fear is fear it's self.

Quote Originally Posted by socrgoly25 View Post
    Looks like the Murfreesboro model to me. You should know that having been up in those parts.
    Nope. Here is the prettier Murfreesboro model, ridden by our university prez Sidney McPhee:

MT"S #1 Message Board is on the Scout Network at http://www.BlueRaiderZone.com

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    Nope. Here is the prettier Murfreesboro model, ridden by our university prez Sidney McPhee:

I thought I recognized that thing.
    THE ETERNAL OPTIMIST

Born a Trojan. Will die a Trojan.

Who knows, if Troy keeps producing top-notch pro talent like Umenyiora, Ware, McKelvin and Martin maybe it will be Southern Cal that is eventually known as "The Other" Trojans...

Thread Information