PDA

View Full Version : Sunbelt vs. C-USA

ThePowerMan
02-25-2008, 05:33 PM
For what it is worth, C-USA is still the conference of MY choice for the TroJans. I believe it would be good for the TroJans for both attendance and revenue.

Take a look:

C-USA http://blog.al.com/bn/2008/02/show_me_the_money_division_i_a.html?appSession=537 1133090660

Sunbelt http://blog.al.com/bn/2008/02/show_me_the_money_division_i_a.html?appSession=679 1133196106

Can't tell me it wouldn't be a good move for TROY. Troy got a laughable $116,000 for its affiliation with the Sunbelt. UAB got $2.4 Mill. The lowest figure in C-USA (active members) is $1.5 mill.

trojanforce
02-25-2008, 08:24 PM
I agree...hopefully someday soon!!!

CardinalBlackTrojan
02-25-2008, 10:47 PM
I agree as well, but I'm happy with the Sun Belt for now.

ThePowerMan
02-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I read over in the Big East Thread where many of you trash the Big East and several trash C-USA. Well, there is more to a conference than how many road trips fans take. Yeah, I like to go to a couple road games per year also. But it all comes down to money. The reson most of us don't go on every road game is because of cash flow in our checking account. Same thing with Troy making road trips too.

Big East lowest team revenue split: Cincinatti at $3.9 Mill.

West Virginia $8,247,924
Louisville $6,448,756
Rutgers $6,280,475
Connecticut $6,008,730
Pittsburgh $5,426,131
Syracuse $5,316,701
South Florida $5,040,814
Cincinnati $3,971,254

C-USA low team is Rice at a measely $1.5 Mill.

Memphis $3,077,833
Houston $2,646,804
Southern Mississippi $2,566,393
East Carolina $2,487,718
Alabama-Birmingham $2,448,158
Central Florida $2,347,558
Tulsa $2,246,794
Tulane $2,156,509
Texas-El Paso $2,087,298
Southern Methodist $1,770,082
Marshall $1,638,535
Rice $1,557,353

Sunbelt HIGHEST paid team....... MTSU!!!

Middle Tennessee State $271,621
Louisiana-Lafayette $212,971
Western Kentucky $164,790
Arkansas-Little Rock $135,455
Troy $116,621
Florida International $116,511
New Mexico State $101,553
Denver $89,514
North Texas $82,121
South Alabama $64,882
New Orleans $61,844
Arkansas State $50,373

GO Figure what the Sunbelt is doing for us. I say trash the Sunbelt ASAP and move on. Don't get me wrong......Its the best thing we got right now and we have to give it our all. UNTIL something better comes along. There isn't a team in the Sunbelt that would stay in the Sunbelt for loyalty. Every one of the teams would jump ship if they could.

Navarre Trojan
02-27-2008, 07:51 AM
I read over in the Big East Thread where many of you trash the Big East and several trash C-USA. Well, there is more to a conference than how many road trips fans take. Yeah, I like to go to a couple road games per year also. But it all comes down to money. The reson most of us don't go on every road game is because of cash flow in our checking account. Same thing with Troy making road trips too.

West Virginia $8,247,924
Louisville $6,448,756
Rutgers $6,280,475
Connecticut $6,008,730
Pittsburgh $5,426,131
Syracuse $5,316,701
South Florida $5,040,814
Cincinnati $3,971,254

Memphis $3,077,833
Houston $2,646,804
East Carolina $2,487,718
Tulsa $2,246,794
Tulane $2,156,509
Texas-El Paso $2,087,298
Marshall $1,638,535
Rice $1,557,353

Troy $116,621
Denver $89,514
North Texas $82,121
South Alabama $64,882
New Orleans $61,844
Arkansas State $50,373

GO Figure what the Sunbelt is doing for us. I say trash the Sunbelt ASAP and move on. Don't get me wrong......Its the best thing we got right now and we have to give it our all. UNTIL something better comes along. There isn't a team in the Sunbelt that would stay in the Sunbelt for loyalty. Every one of the teams would jump ship if they could.

It's time to do SOMETHING in New Orleans!!! Wright is WRONG and he needs to go! What REALLY needs to happen is a new Commissionare and a new direction. There is an opportunity to look inside that organization and began to establish some much better corporate partnerships. With the exception of R & L Carriers, what other corporate tie-in do you ever hear about? I would think, with the demographics of our 'member institutions' that there couldn't be a better 'sales job' done out of the Sunbelt offices.

I just don't think Wright Waters is prgressive enough nor does he have much ability to forecast for the conference. The MultiMedia is crap, there is ZERO BASKETBALL COVERAGE, what one game a month, on some obscure cable ALT ESPN channel! - Horrible. Baseball/softball is even worse!!!

I am not suggesting that we emulate the Big 10 and have the "Sunbelt Network", but, you know what, there is already a SUN Network. You don't think there might be some room for dialogue? I am sure they have even had discussions. My point is that they probably decided why it wouldn't work instead of trying to find ways to make it work. Just my guess!!

ksdtrojan
02-27-2008, 08:13 AM

West Virginia $8,247,924
Louisville $6,448,756
Rutgers $6,280,475
Connecticut $6,008,730
Pittsburgh $5,426,131
Syracuse $5,316,701
South Florida $5,040,814
Cincinnati $3,971,254

Memphis $3,077,833
Houston $2,646,804
East Carolina $2,487,718
Tulsa $2,246,794
Tulane $2,156,509
Texas-El Paso $2,087,298
Marshall $1,638,535
Rice $1,557,353

Troy $116,621
Denver $89,514
North Texas $82,121
South Alabama $64,882
New Orleans $61,844
Arkansas State $50,373

Where do we sign up for C-USA?(I know we have to be invited!)
Talk about being underpaid! I will take C-USA anyday with those payouts.
Why does MTSU get more than the conference champs and co-champs?
(I just noticed FAU is not on this list.)

ThePowerMan
02-27-2008, 08:42 AM
I actually think this stats may be from 2006. FAU might have still been in transition, not sure. Doesn't matter though. This was published by the Birmingham paper. Like someone said....If we had great administration then we would have up to date numbers like most of the other conferences.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-27-2008, 09:02 AM
The problem with the Sunbelt is the average Troy fan cares nothing about the games against other Sunbelt opponents. I have suggested before that Troy would be better off as a D 1 Independent for the time being.
The Sunbelt is not taken seriously by the average fan and I can say that I dont much blame them.
I know that Troy needs conference affiliation, but at what price. I think people would rather watch N.Alabama or Jax St. rather than than some of these Sunbelt schools that nobody knows nothing about.
C USA would be great for Troy, but I wouldnt think that Troy would even be on their radar with the small basketball venue and low home attendance for football games.
I dont have the solutions to the problems, but I think the Sunbelt is slowly sucking the life out of this program.
Go Trojans....Thank you for your attention...

Navarre Trojan
02-27-2008, 12:00 PM
The problem with the Sunbelt is the average Troy fan cares nothing about the games against other Sunbelt opponents. I have suggested before that Troy would be better off as a D 1 Independent for the time being.
The Sunbelt is not taken seriously by the average fan and I can say that I dont much blame them.
I know that Troy needs conference affiliation, but at what price. I think people would rather watch N.Alabama or Jax St. rather than than some of these Sunbelt schools that nobody knows nothing about.
C USA would be great for Troy, but I wouldnt think that Troy would even be on their radar with the small basketball venue and low home attendance for football games.
I dont have the solutions to the problems, but I think the Sunbelt is slowly sucking the life out of this program.

I really don't think this is the problem with the Sun Belt. I don't think it would matter, one way or the other, to the Sun Belt if Troy fans cared or not, about other games.

Being an Independent, IMHO, is the absolute WRONG thing to do. As D-1, the NCAA prohibits you from playing AT 1-AA and lower schools. This eliminates the 1AA equation, with the exception of one, at home, per year. Remember the 1AA's need paydays as well.

So, we go independent, won't get 1AA's to come because they need home games as well. Besides, what type of post season do you think Troy would get, as an Independent? None, that's what you would get, nothing. Why? Because even if we had an above .500 average, who would we have beaten to take an 'at large' or another conference's tie in?

Scheduling would be a NIGHTMARE. Big schools wont come, they have to travel on the road for conference games. They need the Troy's of the world to come to their house. Troy has no bargining power at this point. Other "mid majors" aren't coming because they need home games to fill up their schedule (as it will have to be matched against thier conference schedule), so many will be unwilling to do the 'home and home' for two seasons, much less over a longer period of time.

Lastly, football isn't the only sport the conference supports. Without the Sun Belt in our other programs, we would be broke, lost, and without any athletics. It would be awful to go backwards with our progress. We need to stay the course, ride out this conference (REMEMBER "we have never won it"!!!) and grow with the rest of the college landscape and see how things shake out in the next couple of years.

Again, just my opinion. BTW, I checked all the other Independents and we aren't EVER getting on their schedules, with the exception of W. KY, and they are Sun Belt'ers as soon as their transition period is over.....

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I dont see how things can much worse in regards to attendance at a Div. 1 contest. Currently Troy fans get excited about one home game a season on average, so how can it much worse than that?
Western Kentucky played at FCS Chattanooga last season. From what I understand WKU was playing as a D1 Independent and please correct me if I a wrong, because I am going from memory on this one.
Go Trojans...Thank you for your attention....

socrgoly25
02-27-2008, 03:13 PM
I dont see how things can much worse in regards to attendance at a Div. 1 contest. Currently Troy fans get excited about one home game a season on average, so how can it much worse than that?
Western Kentucky played at FCS Chattanooga last season. From what I understand WKU was playing as a D1 Independent and please correct me if I a wrong, because I am going from memory on this one.

The technical term for WKU's status last year and this year is provisional 1A. Pretty much they don't belong to 1A or 1AA. They are, in a sense, in limbo. They traveled to 1AA stadiums because they needed some kind of games to schedule with them deciding to make the jump so suddenly.

At least, that's the way I interpret the whole thing.

playfailstoogain
02-27-2008, 03:31 PM

your wrong. WKU was in a transition year last year so they were allowed to play at I-AA stadiums.

We can gripe about the Sunbelt as much as we want but they are our only option. I-A Indy is not an option, we are not Notre Dame, we are not a military Academy --------- do you guys not remember the scheduling nightmares that we went through before joining the SBC???? Also, i agree the biggest problem with the Sunbelt re. football is the lack of multiple bowl tie-ins - and if WWaters doesn't fix that soon i think you all are right and a new search should start for commish.

WeSuck.com
02-27-2008, 03:46 PM

Dude, TMTDM could play in the Big 12 and we would find excuses for not drawing 20,000+ per game. Our students suck as do most of the local yocals who play at the Tailgate Terrace all day long then pretend to be Aubbie/Bammer grads and watch games on TV during our game. Next time I hear "Roll Tide" or "War Eagle" (how gay sounding are both of those?), I'm going crazy fists on someone.

AND until we start acting like DI fans and support our school NOBODY is going to invite us to play with them. Quite frankly, who gives a rats tail about SMU. Rice, Tulsa or Texas Western? SunBelt has all the regional appeal we could ask for and still nobody cares.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-27-2008, 04:48 PM
What are your sources on your answers? I would love to research this.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
According to the NCAA website

http://web1.ncaa.org/onlineDir/exec/sponsorship?sortOrder=0&division=1AA&sport=MFB

WEstern Kentucky is Div 1 FCS, I have pasted this website from the NCAA website.

trojanbrutha
02-27-2008, 05:56 PM
This is from last season and I believe this will be their 2nd year as an actual FBS team (transitional, just like Troy was in '01) and joining the SBC as a football member next season...

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/ranking_summary/2007000000772.HTML

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-27-2008, 07:04 PM
According to the link you posted, I was indeed right when I called WkU a D1A Independent last season although the NCAA site list them as FCS.
It is always funny when somebody calls you wrong and they dont even have a clue what they are talking about. So buddy, your wrong....
As I have said before, if I say it, you can count it as fact, because I will not state something unless I know it to be fact. If I just think that I know something based off memory, well I will tell you that Im not 100% positive but pretty sure on my commment.
Maybe some of you experts should learn this. Playfail, I wouldnt call somebody wrong when you dont even know what you are talking about.
Go Trojans...Thank you for your attention...

MTPiKapp
02-27-2008, 07:38 PM
According to the link you posted, I was indeed right when I called WkU a D1A Independent last season although the NCAA site list them as FCS.
It is always funny when somebody calls you wrong and they dont even have a clue what they are talking about. So buddy, your wrong....
As I have said before, if I say it, you can count it as fact, because I will not state something unless I know it to be fact. If I just think that I know something based off memory, well I will tell you that Im not 100% positive but pretty sure on my commment.
Maybe some of you experts should learn this. Playfail, I wouldnt call somebody wrong when you dont even know what you are talking about.

Actually, you're[ wrong. WKU is now considered a D1A independent, the 07/08 season is now over. Last season they were not considered as such. It was until after the season ended that WKU showed up on ESPN as a D1A independent. Last year I believe they were considered 1aa independent. This coming season, just like last season, they are not eligible for post season play in either division.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-27-2008, 11:45 PM
If you notice, I do. Show me a source and I will gladly say Im wrong. I look forward to your reference.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-28-2008, 12:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Kentucky_University

Please read and enjoy. There is plenty more out there if you would like to see more. Your another one that needs to know his facts a little better.
They played the 2007 season as a Reclassifying D1 Independent..
So buddy, your wrong...
I am not trying to get into a pissing contest, I just have a problem with people that so confidently shoot out incorrect facts and call other people wrong when they dont even know what they are talking about.
I will look forward to your response.

socrgoly25
02-28-2008, 01:27 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Kentucky_University

Please read and enjoy. There is plenty more out there if you would like to see more. Your another one that needs to know his facts a little better.
They played the 2007 season as a Reclassifying D1 Independent..
So buddy, your wrong...
I am not trying to get into a pissing contest, I just have a problem with people that so confidently shoot out incorrect facts and call other people wrong when they dont even know what they are talking about.
I will look forward to your response.

Not really arguing either way, but Wikipedia is far from a consistent reliable source. WKU is D1A transitional and does not qualify for postseason play until 2009. If you are so concerned with their status, email their AD or something.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-28-2008, 07:52 AM
There is definitely more than one source available. At least I can support my claim. I can paste things all day long on this subject. If you want to support people that are wrong, that is your option.
I actually played the game of football on more than one occasion against WKU, have you? Probably not, which is no big deal. Dont get your feelings hurt just because someone like me knows what they are talking about and back it with facts. As I have stated, I will not shoot you any bull...You can like me, love me or hate me, but every statement I make can be counted as fact unless I say I am pretty sure or basing an opinion off memory in which I did in this thread on my original statement,please check for yourself. Keep em coming..I look forward to a lively debate with you.
Go Trojans....Thank you for you attention...

TroyFootball05
02-28-2008, 11:32 AM
There is definitely more than one source available. At least I can support my claim. I can paste things all day long on this subject. If you want to support people that are wrong, that is your option.
I actually played the game of football on more than one occasion against WKU, have you? Probably not, which is no big deal. Dont get your feelings hurt just because someone like me knows what they are talking about and back it with facts. As I have stated, I will not shoot you any bull...You can like me, love me or hate me, but every statement I make can be counted as fact unless I say I am pretty sure or basing an opinion off memory in which I did in this thread on my original statement,please check for yourself. Keep em coming..I look forward to a lively debate with you.

Why are you so agitated over something so small? I'm guessing you're in high school, which there's nothing wrong with that, everyone attends high school. It's ok now, because you haven't left the "bubble" of high school.

High school is a false reality, and more over, a false society. When you go on to college or get a job in the real world, you can't get defensive over everything that irritates you. That's a quick way to not make connections. People will just say, "that guy's a prick, I don't want to do business with him" and your relationship with that person will be done. Discretion is the better part of valor. If something provokes you, it's best to not get involved, or at least enter the discussion in a civil manner. When you try an assert your dominance as the "correct" person, it shows you have a need to be right all the time based on a desire to have control over your surroundings. When you loose that control or someone asserts their dominance over you, it makes you feel inferior. No one likes to feel inferior. I'm not trying to be a prick, but if you're going to post here, at least use a little discretion. That goes for everyone. On a lighter note, what school do you go to?

EDIT: I just re-read your post, "I actually played the game of football on more than one occasion against WKU, have you?" Obviously you've been to college, so my appologies for assuming you were a high school kid. I feel bad about that and hope you accept my apology. Either way, we all need to try to not be the guy who has to be right all the time, almost every thread here goes into someone arguing over the facts, and then it gets personal, which there is absolutely no need for.

socrgoly25
02-28-2008, 11:47 AM

Like I said, I'm not arguing either way. I was only pointing out that Wikipedia is a poor reference to use if you are going to defend an argument. That is all.

All I know is, if they do not qualify for postseason and they are in the FBS, then apparently they are not a full member yet. I don't need facts to back that up. That is common sense!

Thank you for your attention...

TU_FANatic
02-28-2008, 12:32 PM
This really is a stupid "arguement" and I hate that I got sucked in, but from the WKU 2007 Media Guide:

2007 Hiillllttopperr Quiick Facts
Founded: 1906 / Enrollment: 18,664
Nickname: Hilltoppers / Colors: Red and White
Stadium: Houchens Industries L.T. Smith Stadium/Jimmy Feix Field (17,500)
Surface: Jimmy Feix Field (Astroplay)
Press Box Phone: 270-745-6941
Affiliations: Independent (fb only) / NCAA Division I (FBS) transitional

Link = http://www.wkusports.com/pdf/2007wkufootballmediaguide-intro.pdf

I really think we should put the same amout of time into getting a Sun Belt commish that does something. It is horrible that other conferences are making drastically more for an inferior or at best equall product. I'll consider what we as a football program are going through to be growing pains, but we need leadership in the conference that...... oh never mind we just need leadership in the conference.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-28-2008, 01:11 PM
It is not an argument. It is simply something that is either right or wrong. If you look at this thread, I had somebody say that I was wrong in my original post and just so you know, I dont mind being called wrong. But what bothered me, was the people that called me wrong are spouting out incorrect facts. Do you want this board to have correct facts or incorrect facts? Personally, I tend to like to work on correct facts. And your post simply confirms AGAIN that in my original post on this thread that I said WKU played as an Independent last season. I personally have no respect for people putting out incorrect facts on this board and I will never take them seriously as a viewer of this forum. That is my right just as you have your rights as a member of this message board.
I would also like to say that there are some great posters on this forum that I value their opinions on Troy sports in high regards. There are some posters on this forum that obviously work on different set of principles than I do and I fully understand they have the right as much as I do to post whatever they like on this forum but I also have the right to rip them apart when they post false information. I am really looking forward to responses from these guys. You will never see me run no matter if Im right or wrong. I do not mind admitting when I am wrong. Hopefully you never get to see that.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Just saw your post. I am pretty familiar with running a successful company but I do appreciate your advice. I really dont understand what your point is, but I do appreciate the effort. This is a public board that is based on communicating, so whats your problem. I have only encouraged the people on this thread to post their thoughts. I have not dropped to a level of calling someone a high schooler or whatever you are trying to suggest. I have not called anybody names or degraded them. You have all of this garbage advice, but maybe you should step back and look at your post. I did not do any name calling or insulting. Typically in my experience of owning and running a multimillion dollar comapny, when I have dealt with people that resort to what youve done, it clearly lets me know that you really dont know how to articulate your point and you truly feel inferior. There is no need for you to be scared of me, no need to turn to childish tendencies. I welcome your comments back as well, I am enjoying this. This is a public forum, right? Nobody else has to read this if they dont want, simply dont read it. Its pretty simple.

TroyFootball05
02-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Just saw your post. I am pretty familiar with running a successful company but I do appreciate your advice. I really dont understand what your point is, but I do appreciate the effort. This is a public board that is based on communicating, so whats your problem. I have only encouraged the people on this thread to post their thoughts. I have not dropped to a level of calling someone a high schooler or whatever you are trying to suggest. I have not called anybody names or degraded them. You have all of this garbage advice, but maybe you should step back and look at your post. I did not do any name calling or insulting. Typically in my experience of owning and running a multimillion dollar comapny, when I have dealt with people that resort to what youve done, it clearly lets me know that you really dont know how to articulate your point and you truly feel inferior. There is no need for you to be scared of me, no need to turn to childish tendencies. I welcome your comments back as well, I am enjoying this. This is a public forum, right? Nobody else has to read this if they dont want, simply dont read it. Its pretty simple.

You're exactly right. No one has to read this forum. Again, I appologize for thinking you were a high school student. My question is why would you defend your point so hard? It's not a life and death situation. Misimformation happens. Believe me. It's disrespectful, it seems like you'd feel like less of a person if you didn't prove your case. So what? This is a message board. None of us know eachother in real life. You act like what we say is an insult to you, so you have to prove us wrong.

Besides, we, like you guys, have high hopes for our program. Some aspects, admittedly, might be a bit skewed. To me, you're the guy who goes us to 3 year old kid and says, "hey man, guess what? Santa's not real. And the Easter Bunnny? Him too..." We believe in some stuff that may not be real too. It seems because you guys are in 1-AA, you have to take our pride, because we are a low level conference 1-A team. You're not even a Troy fan; most of your posts here are reguarding how wrong we are.

You have the right to do and say whatever you want, but we will judge you accordingly. Sorry about the high school thing again. That's all I'm gonna say on that. Off topic, What company do you own?

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-28-2008, 02:30 PM
First of all, I am not defending a point. It is simply just a "right or wrong thing" and as Ive said I just dont like being called "wrong" by someone doing so off of false information.
I am not proving any case because obviously Im right, nothing to prove.
I am not insulted, another case of you reading into something, I told you I have enjoyed this. What part do you not understand? I not angry or insulted by any means.
Another thing, you keep saying "we", I didnt realize you speak for the whole board. If you noticed, I have kept this to "you and I" on this particular exchange.
As for you Santa analogy, if this crap makes you feel good, then go for it. I am the father of two beautiful children that believed in Santa until they were around 11 or 12, if I must address this issue for you. I never told them the Easter Bunny wasnt real either. I just wanted address each of your concerns. Was this sufficient? If not, please let me know. I really dont know where all of this fits in.
In regards to UTC being in 1AA, they used to be in 1AA before the governing body NCAA changed 1AA to FCS. I can assure you I dont know how to take pride away from anybody as you stated in your post. I do not really know how to address that.
I hope that I am a Troy fan, I have donated countless ventilation products from money out of my own pockets. I purchase corporate tickets on a yearly basis. I grew up in Enterprise going to Troy games. I do take offense to this statement about me. I just happened to receive a scholarship to another college, this does not take my love away from Troy University though. I attended summer classes at TSU Fort Rucker just so you know.
As far as judging me, I notice you go back to the "we" thing.
As far as my company that I own, I really dont think you are a potential customer. But if you are, please send me a private message with your name address phone number with what type business you are in and we will evaluate it and see if you are a potential customer and send you some information if needed.
I tried to answer each one of your points. Thank you for the exchange.
And remember, nobody is forced to read this if they dont like. I would be glad to communicate with you through private messages if you like.

playfailstoogain
02-28-2008, 02:55 PM

In all honesty, you postings/rants are amuzing. I was the one that called you wrong, and that's because you were wrong (go look it up on the hilltopper website/media guide - as opposed to wiki which by the way is not recognized as a credible citing source.) And just so you know, and not that is matters, but i did play the toppers several times and we didnt loose a game to them if you were wondering.

socrgoly25
02-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Just a random thought, but his Santa/Easter bunny reference wasn't meant to be literal. It was a metaphor for how you seem to respond to the endless banter of this forum. Everyone has their faults. Why do you insist on pointing every single one of them out? And to say you don't degrade anyone by talking all high and mighty about your "mass fortune" and how that clearly makes you and your hunting buddies more educated than everyone that's posted on GTT, then you are mistaken sir. Honestly, you haven't brought much in regards to value or entertainment for that matter. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that you are more than welcome to posting here, but your antics are growing old fast.

I know you're going to respond to this because you take everything as an attack on yourself and feel you must say something (probably degrading of myself, and promoting of yourself as superior). I just had to get this off my chest and back up several of the other posters on here who have had difficulty with your presence on this forum.

Thanks for your attention....

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Man that is awesome. The last game of my career was at the one sided stadium up there near the railroad tracks and we won as well. I appreciate your comments and just to make it clear, I have no problem with you. I actually enjoy your posts.
I do not see how you think you are correct on this manner, but no big deal.

I look forward to chatting with you. I have no hard feelings, just so you know.
There is not alot to talk about anyway in regards to football. Take it easy.

playfailstoogain
02-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Man that is awesome. The last game of my career was at the one sided stadium up there near the railroad tracks and we won as well. I appreciate your comments and just to make it clear, I have no problem with you. I actually enjoy your posts.
I do not see how you think you are correct on this manner, but no big deal.

I look forward to chatting with you. I have no hard feelings, just so you know.
There is not alot to talk about anyway in regards to football. Take it easy.

we are simply quibbling over symatics at this point, and there are more than likely a multitude of definitions given to WKU's transitional status so i will leave it at that. You sir are a pot stirrer, which i dont really mind, but you do get a little personal in your posts sometimes - so i think that is only reasonable that some folks take offense to that tact at times.

anyway - back to the point, a small not-yet-well-known school with a still to be fully developed fan base like Troy has no choice but to stay in a conference like the SBC or MAC until a bigger conference (As defined by revenue sharing) comes calling. Independant is not a status Troy could survive in for more than 2 or 3 years - we have our own track record as an example when we made the jump and before we got into the SBC.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Let me ask you one thing. Are you man enough to just speak for yourself? Because I think you are not. I dont think these guys need you to speak for them. Once again, I am not offended or mad, I just HAVE NO RESPECT for somebody that keep saying "we". I am about through speaking with you if you cannot even be a man. Did you notice a "we" anywhere in that sentence? No you didnt..
So what if I have been successful in life, I worked for it, so whats it to you. Should I run from the fact that I am successful. Im not embarrased about it.
I never will be. All men are equal in my eyes. I judge a man by what is in his heart, I do not care if he is black, white,poor,rich or whatever. My workforce will prove that. I just sent money to a child with cancer in Ashford, Al. who is struggling for her life to help her family with expenses. I just gave money to send a church youth group off for a christian summer camp. I just bought two teams ball uniforms in Slocomb, Al because the city could not afford it. This list goes on and never will stop as long as I have anything to do with it.
So just so you know, your comments are quickly becoming gutless and cowardly. Send me a private message on your next comments and we will keep it off this forum. This thread was about WKU and you have quickly taken it into the gutter because this is the only way that you know.

ThePowerMan
02-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Can you guys just make up?

Maybe you can purchase side by side seats at MGS. Can't we all just get along?

playfailstoogain
02-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Can you guys just make up?

Maybe you can purchase side by side seats at MGS. Can't we all just get along?

coom ba ya.... coom ba ya.....

i have no idea how to spell it - i'm not even real sure he saying i am not a man or if he is saying someone else is not a man - i wonder if he is 40?

MTPiKapp
02-28-2008, 04:52 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=468#s=468&f=3573&t=2108568

Several Hilltopper fans, backing the 07 FCS independent 08 FBS independent argument....

Paul of Troy
02-28-2008, 05:08 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=468#s=468&f=3573&t=2108568

Several Hilltopper fans, backing the 07 FCS independent 08 FBS independent argument....

So let me get this straight...you actually went to their boards...posted the question...got the answer you wanted...and came back here to drop it like it's hot. Wow...you must be bored.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-28-2008, 06:20 PM
3 people responded(Is this what you call several)- one person said that they believe they were independent
one guy says from what he understands this might be right. Thats was powerful testimonials.

Look at my original post- I said WKU played as a D1 Independent last season- Regardless of FCS or FBS they played as D 1 Independent- you can do or say whatever you want, but what I said then still holds true. You said in your original post they were not a D1 Independent last season- Stick to one story man... Im not changing my story as the thread goes on.Look back at your post. You are wrong dead to rights, you can argue it all you want.
Explain your original post to me then on this thread. I cant wait for this.

MTPiKapps original quote on this thread:

"Actually, you're[ wrong. WKU is now considered a D1A independent, the 07/08 season is now over. Last season they were not considered as such."

Maybe you should run for office....Your good at changing your story..

ThePowerMan
02-28-2008, 06:28 PM

West Virginia $8,247,924
Louisville $6,448,756
Rutgers $6,280,475
Connecticut $6,008,730
Pittsburgh $5,426,131
Syracuse $5,316,701
South Florida $5,040,814
Cincinnati $3,971,254

Memphis $3,077,833
Houston $2,646,804
East Carolina $2,487,718
Tulsa $2,246,794
Tulane $2,156,509
Texas-El Paso $2,087,298
Marshall $1,638,535
Rice $1,557,353

Troy $116,621
Denver $89,514
North Texas $82,121
South Alabama $64,882
New Orleans $61,844
Arkansas State $50,373

I started this thread to explore the Financials that are tied to each conference. Now it is some crazy stuff about whether WKU is D1A, Independent, or in la la land.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-28-2008, 07:56 PM
This is a forum to discuss things. Your thread sparked an interesting topic, so dont worry about it, what does it matter? It doesnt cost anyone to look at this. So what does it matter how many post are this thread in regards to WKUs classification. As I said, nobody has to read this if they dont want. If I see something on a forum that I am not intersted in or whatever, I simply dont read it and move on. No biggie.
As I said, Ive enjoyed watching some of these guys squirm after making incorrect statements and especially after so confidently calling me out and saying I was wrong, when I was indeed right...What can I say?
I have been accused by some of stirring the pot, if you call defending your correct statement stirring the pot, well, I really dont know what to say. That is your opinion. I have been accused of not being a Troy fan for defending a true statement that I made..So you tell me..
If the administration of this board finds me to be disrepectful or out of line, they can easily get rid of me with one click of a button..I would hope that they can see I have not been either..I have enjoyed this forum. The majority of posters on this forum are well educated on Troy and its athletic programs and I enjoy reading your post.
I noted something a couple of months ago, there is a big percentage of posters on this board that really dont know any facts or any history about Troy. I see post saying we need to act like D1 fans..Well one way to start is knowing your facts before your start running your mouth. I told all of you when I started posting on this board, if I say it to be true, you can research it or whatever, because I will not claim something as fact unless I 100% know it to be true. If you dont like that about me, well Im sorry, that is just the way I am...Thats the way I roll, baby......

Go Trojans...Thank you for your attention... and thank you Mr. Power Man for this fun thread.. I really appreciate it.

MTPiKapp
02-28-2008, 10:28 PM
So let me get this straight...you actually went to their boards...posted the question...got the answer you wanted...and came back here to drop it like it's hot. Wow...you must be bored.

It's a product of nothing better to do with my two hours between class and work.

socrgoly25
02-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Let me ask you one thing. Are you man enough to just speak for yourself? Because I think you are not. I dont think these guys need you to speak for them. Once again, I am not offended or mad, I just HAVE NO RESPECT for somebody that keep saying "we". I am about through speaking with you if you cannot even be a man. Did you notice a "we" anywhere in that sentence? No you didnt..
So what if I have been successful in life, I worked for it, so whats it to you. Should I run from the fact that I am successful. Im not embarrased about it.
I never will be. All men are equal in my eyes. I judge a man by what is in his heart, I do not care if he is black, white,poor,rich or whatever. My workforce will prove that. I just sent money to a child with cancer in Ashford, Al. who is struggling for her life to help her family with expenses. I just gave money to send a church youth group off for a christian summer camp. I just bought two teams ball uniforms in Slocomb, Al because the city could not afford it. This list goes on and never will stop as long as I have anything to do with it.
So just so you know, your comments are quickly becoming gutless and cowardly. Send me a private message on your next comments and we will keep it off this forum. This thread was about WKU and you have quickly taken it into the gutter because this is the only way that you know.

You've actually made my point. You've gone away from the topic and continue to pat yourself on the back. I could care less to know about your life. It's highly irrelevant when speaking about Troy athletics. Today was the first (and last) day I decided to say something about your posts.

Oh, and btw, you should heed your own advice about private messages, as you seem to have seen fit to continue arguing in these threads and attempting to belittle people you feel you are superior to in every way. You position in life does NOT make you a better man than me, and your arrogant attitude is a small example why.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-28-2008, 11:53 PM
I have said nothing of the sorts to belittle anyone but if you want print false information that is okay. I may not be able to sleep tonight because of your post, escpecially since this is your first and last post, well, its not my last.
Show me where I have belittled anyone, I did call someone gutless and cowardly but if you read their post you will see why as they accused me of all sorts of things that had no relevance and included analogies of my children. Another poster brought up my business and I simply responded.
But as I said, I will never run or hide because I have a successful business, why should I ? I really dont know why you have a problem with that. You can call me arrogant if it makes you feel better. I have been called worse. I have not called you any names.
Maybe you can read all of the posts and get your facts straight.
Im not perfect, but I will deal soley on factual information, if that makes you mad. Well Im sorry.
Keep em coming, The LA Moc will be glad to keep responding. If I think I am better than other people then why the hell would I be hanging out in this forum . Thank you so much for all of the comments, it has really been nice addressing each one of them. Sorry that was your first and last post. I would have enjoyed chatting with you more. You seem like a nice person.
As I said, nobody is forced to read any of the things I am posting, but for some reason you are reading it. Why is that? Just dont look at it, it is pretty simple. You say Im arguing, trust me there is no arguing here. Nothing to argue about. I was called wrong on a post I made and with the help of a couple of other posters and additonal information that I posted, I factually validated my point. So where is the argument. That was settled way back in this thread. Dont be a player hater....
Go Trojans...Thank you for your attention.....

socrgoly25
02-29-2008, 01:48 AM
I have said nothing of the sorts to belittle anyone but if you want print false information that is okay. I may not be able to sleep tonight because of your post, escpecially since this is your first and last post, well, its not my last.
Show me where I have belittled anyone, I did call someone gutless and cowardly but if you read their post you will see why as they accused me of all sorts of things that had no relevance and included analogies of my children. Another poster brought up my business and I simply responded.
But as I said, I will never run or hide because I have a successful business, why should I ? I really dont know why you have a problem with that. You can call me arrogant if it makes you feel better. I have been called worse. I have not called you any names.
Maybe you can read all of the posts and get your facts straight.
Im not perfect, but I will deal soley on factual information, if that makes you mad. Well Im sorry.
Keep em coming, The LA Moc will be glad to keep responding. If I think I am better than other people then why the hell would I be hanging out in this forum . Thank you so much for all of the comments, it has really been nice addressing each one of them. Sorry that was your first and last post. I would have enjoyed chatting with you more. You seem like a nice person.
As I said, nobody is forced to read any of the things I am posting, but for some reason you are reading it. Why is that? Just dont look at it, it is pretty simple. You say Im arguing, trust me there is no arguing here. Nothing to argue about. I was called wrong on a post I made and with the help of a couple of other posters and additonal information that I posted, I factually validated my point. So where is the argument. That was settled way back in this thread. Dont be a player hater....
Go Trojans...Thank you for your attention.....

Are you okay mentally? I mean seriously?

I said your attitude was arrogant. I dont know you personally, so I wouldnt know what you were like in real life.

Also, I said it was to be the first and last time I post about YOU. Notice I have over 1500 posts. Far from being my first contribution, or my last, to this forum.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-29-2008, 09:20 AM
I am sorry you feel the need to keep making negative comments about me.
I have not done anything to you. Maybe you should ask yourself these same questions about your own mental stability.
Am I slamming you? NO Im not. Who might have the mental problem here?
You just made a post saying this was your first and last post on this subject, well, I guess it wasnt. I guess that was normal in your mind .
You keep making negative comments about me when Ive done nothing to you. I guess you consider this normal.
As I said, I simply just validated a point about WKU being a D1 Independent and now you have somehow felt the need to make negative comments about my mental stability, I guess this was considered a normal response by you. If you do not know how to make an effective exchange between yourself and another poster, please do not take it out on me.
If you want have exchange with me without making personal attacks I will be glad to do so.
I have to go now, I have to get my mental problems under control so that I can possibly be effective when I speak to my outside salesman in our scheduled 8:30am meeting this morning. Maybe I can make it through it today. Your medical advice has me worried.
I appreciate your advice. Im curious, where did you get your medical degree to be able to make such a diagnosis of person based off of a internet forum?
Because you definitely have talent. Not many physicians would be able to do that . Thanks for letting me know about my problems. Heres wishing you a nice weekend. I will try and work on my mental problems per your professional advice. Thanks again for your concerns.
Im serious, I hope you have a very nice weekend...

socrgoly25
02-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Because you definitely have talent. Not many physicians would be able to do that . Thanks for letting me know about my problems. Heres wishing you a nice weekend. I will try and work on my mental problems per your professional advice. Thanks again for your concerns.
Im serious, I hope you have a very nice weekend...

Thanks man. Since you know it all and everything you say is fact, I'm honored to know that you have so much faith in my diagnosis and recognize my talent.

And how could I not have a nice weekend.....I get to watch a whole weekend of Trojan baseball.

(For what its worth, I said it would be the last time, not the last post. To break that down for you, if I had a disagreement with you in say 3 months time, I probably wouldn't say anything about it. I just had to say my peace this time.)

TU_FANatic
02-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Please take all this "energy" and put it to use. Why don't we get this bent out of shape when the Sun-Belt is screwing us. They only tell us where we have to go, who we have to play (forcing us to cancel bringing a bowl team to our stadium), and never go to battle for us. We should, as a conference have another bowl tie-in we can use past year's trends to prove that the conference is on the upswing. There were several less deserving teams that went to bowls from other conferences, for one reason only. Their conference comish did WORK, they went and recruited bowl tie ins for their conference. While our's just says aww shucks the cards didn't fall right --- again. Now this is no way to run a business.

FanofTroy
02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
It sounds as if the Comm. has work to do. I don't see how CUSA had so many teams in bowls and then they mostly get blown away.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
02-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Lets rip those Nittany Lions a new one. I am planning on attending the Kennesaw and Wake Forest game also at 2pm. I will be the one in the straight jacket . I am looking forward to enjoying some great baseball.
Lets show up in big numbers tonight to support our Trojans.
This will be my last post for the weekend, so in all sincerity, I wish all of you including those in disagreement with me a wonderful and safe weekend.
Go Trojans....Thank you for your attention....

socrgoly25
02-29-2008, 12:49 PM
I hope everyone is aware that Saturday is a double header with Wake Forest, not just one game.

TroyFootball05
02-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Lets rip those Nittany Lions a new one. I am planning on attending the Kennesaw and Wake Forest game also at 2pm. I will be the one in the straight jacket . I am looking forward to enjoying some great baseball.
Lets show up in big numbers tonight to support our Trojans.
This will be my last post for the weekend, so in all sincerity, I wish all of you including those in disagreement with me a wonderful and safe weekend.
Go Trojans....Thank you for your attention....

That sounds sincere enough. Hope to see you there.

BlazerUnit
02-29-2008, 08:50 PM
We don't want Troy in C-USA.

Their fans don't bathe, and they bring flies.

Cane gone Trojan
02-29-2008, 10:05 PM

At least our football team doesn't STINK! LOL GO Trojans

NWFLTrojan
02-29-2008, 11:02 PM

Always a class act. Thanks for contributing such thoughtful banter.

ThePowerMan
03-01-2008, 10:22 PM

UAB "wants" a sub-par team to join C-USA so they(UAB) won't be the bottom dwellers. Tough always looking from the bottom up.

TrojanEmpire
03-02-2008, 07:54 AM

Says the UAB fan whose team plays in front of a nearly empty stadium that should be condemmed, a football coach who is a drunk and a fanbase who picks fights with opposing basketball players when they lose.

tenaciousT
03-03-2008, 11:21 AM
which teams in the Sunbelt play top CUSA teams this season?

MTPiKapp
03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
which teams in the Sunbelt play top CUSA teams this season?

UAB goes to FAU
UTEP goes to ULL
Memphis hosts ASU
Rice hosts UNT
Southern Miss hosts ULL and ASU
Tulane hosts ULM
Tulsa goes to UNT

8 games in all, I think that's as many or almost as many as we've had in the past two seasons.

It's early, obviously, but I'll take

FAU
UTEP
Memphis
UNT
ULL, USM
ULM
Tulsa

That's 4-4.

BlazerUnit
03-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Always a class act. Thanks for contributing such thoughtful banter.
I strive to do my part. ;)

BlazerUnit
03-12-2008, 05:24 PM
UAB "wants" a sub-par team to join C-USA so they(UAB) won't be the bottom dwellers. Tough always looking from the bottom up.

Well, since you put it that way, maybe we should take a long look at adding Troy! They can't even cut the mustard in the SBC, let them drown in the waters (not Wright Waters) of Conference USA!

Furthermore, I know somebody from Brewton ain't talking no smack about UAB. One of your most famous citizens, Deanna Jackson, played women's basketball for us and went on to be drafted by the WNBA.

If she went to Troy, she'd end up being the plywood girl at Marvin's!

Room Guy
03-12-2008, 05:55 PM
She probably would've gotten more name recognition working at Marvin's though.

tr_oj_ans
03-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the Sunbelt have a better win percentage than cusa when playing head to head over the last two seasons? Troy has two co-championships in one of those conferences(I'd say that's cutting the mustard) and uab barely even competes in the other. No smack talk needed. Facts are facts. BTW I bet even uab could cut mustard with that butter knife of a team.

trojanbrutha
03-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Well, since you put it that way, maybe we should take a long look at adding Troy! They can't even cut the mustard in the SBC, let them drown in the waters (not Wright Waters) of Conference USA!

Well, with convos like this, I'd hope it'd come true just for the sake of crackin' blazer-heads on the field every year...

http://www.al.com/forums/tsu/index.ssf?artid=2162

ThePowerMan
03-14-2008, 03:52 PM

Furthermore, I know somebody from Brewton ain't talking no smack about UAB. One of your most famous citizens, Deanna Jackson, played women's basketball for us and went on to be drafted by the WNBA.

If she went to Troy, she'd end up being the plywood girl at Marvin's!

Deanna WHO? Just kidding. She was a great player. BUT ITS A GIRLS SPORT!!!!!

BlazerUnit
03-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Deanna WHO? Just kidding. She was a great player. BUT ITS A GIRLS SPORT!!!!!

Reason #365 why you aren't getting in--UAB cares about all of its sports, and so does C-USA. You can't join the big time with an attitude like that!

tenaciousT
03-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Reason #365 why you aren't getting in--UAB cares about all of its sports, and so does C-USA. You can't join the big time with an attitude like that!

Big Time, huh? that is the first thing i think of when i here CUSA and UAB...HA! at this point, yes, USA is better than the SBELT, but i would not even come close to calling it "BigTime"!

TSUfaninCALI
03-26-2008, 10:01 PM
hey C-USA has a team in the sweet 16 oh yeah so does the BELT and WKU won't be gone in two years like Memphis will be

ThePowerMan
03-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Do you reckon UAB will have more fans at the Sweet 16 than they did at the N.O. Bowl?

Blazer85
03-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Do you reckon UAB will have more fans at the Sweet 16 than they did at the N.O. Bowl?

We've been to the N.O. Bowl? Hmm... interesting.

Everything with you guys comes to attendance, doesn't it? You can't beat us on the field, diamond, court or whatever the playing surface, so you resort to attendance smack. Yet, ironically, Troy's basketball attendance comes nowhere close to UAB... and in terms of football attendance, the two schools are pretty comparable. So quite frankly, the smack talk rings hollow.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
03-27-2008, 11:59 PM
I saw this thread running again. My finger was trigger happy on the keyboard....False alarm............