PDA

View Full Version : T Day's most anticipated outcome?

TroyFBFan
02-25-2008, 02:44 PM
What position/question will be the most anticipated at T Day?

Anyone want to speculate on the outcome to some of the questions and hopefully answers at various positions?

TroyFootball05
02-25-2008, 03:08 PM
1. QB
Levi Brown, is what most say, the best fit for the job right now. Corey Robinson might be as good as his numbers indicate. For Robinson, I think he could be one of the top 25 QB's in the nation from the start. Even for the weak defenses Robinson faced, the numbers he put up are still highly impressive. On the other hand, he just might not be ready. Anything can happen with this kid. By the time he leaves Troy, be will be a top 25 QB without a doubt. Tanner Jones and Jamie Hampton showed good signs as backups. If they mature like they should, either one could be a great QB.

2. RB
We have a slew of capable running backs for the spring. Maurice Greer, Chris Anderson, and DuJuan Harris are all outstanding backs. Maurice Greer spent two years in JUCO. Before taking the JUCO route, he was a 4-Star Recruit on rivals and Colorodo's Mr. Football 2005. Maurice Greer, having beat cancer, will be a MONSTER back. Greer runs a 4.5, weighing in at 205 Pounds. He's a powerful back that can get us a yard on 4th and 1. I Think he will get the nod if he can get back to his pre-cancer state both mentally and physically. The coaches like Chris Anderson who runs a 4.65 at 186 pounds. DuJuan Harris did well against MTSU last season and will be in the running as well.

3. OL
I would like to see the OL being as good or better than last season. Anything less will be a disappointment.

Rette
02-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Maurice Greer
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/MAURICEGREER10_5150.JPG
http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/pdb05_star.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/pdb05_star.gif

Running back
Garden City (KS) Garden City C.C.
Ht: 5-foot-11
Wt: 205 lbs
Forty: 4.53 secs
Bench max: 300 pounds
Squat max: 450 pounds
Vertical: 30 inches
Shuttle: 4.27 secs
Class: 2008 (Junior College)

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/static/images/drmn/bgs/rockymountainnews_print.gif
Neville: Greer thankful for injury

By
Thursday, September 21, 2006

"Thank you." That's the message former Mullen All-Colorado player of the year Maurice Greer is sending out to his Garden City (Kan.) Community College teammate Rico Dixon.
A little more than a month ago, the freshman linebacker sent Greer, a running back, reeling with a hard hit to the groin. Afterward, pain and swelling in a testicle sent Greer to the emergency room and into emergency surgery.
Doctors removed the testicle, then discovered a cancerous tumor.
"I thank Rico for saving my life," Greer acknowledges. "Who knows, 10 years from now the cancer may have spread. It was a good thing that he hit me and doctors were able to catch it before that happened."
Greer describes himself as "shocked" when doctors told him the news. "I broke down and I just started crying. I never thought this could happen, especially at my age."
Now, Greer is back home, facing nine weeks of chemotherapy to keep the cancer from returning, and volunteering as an assistant coach with his younger brother's Green Valley Giants team.
He smiles when he looks around the small practice field. "Every day when I come out here and interact with these kids, it just lifts my spirits. As I go through this chemo, I just know I'm going to come back even stronger."
One thing that has kept Greer looking ahead is the practice jersey his head coach, J.J. Eckert, sent home with him.
"I hung it in my room, and every day I look at it I know what I've got to get back to."
In 2005, Greer was CU's top recruit at running back, but when he couldn't achieve the test scores he needed to be admitted, he took the junior college route.
According to coaches and administrators in Garden City, Greer has improved his grades and is on schedule to transfer to, and play for, a Division I school. He plans to take online courses during his chemotherapy, be back on campus next semester and play football again next fall.
Iowa State is at the top of his list now, but according to Eckert, "He can play anywhere in America. He's just that gifted."

It sounds like we got a real catch here. Will he be here in the spring?