PDA

View Full Version : Student section....

FRED_of_TROY
10-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Before halftime, I was quite pleased with the number of students in the student section. However, when I returned to me seat after halftime, I was shocked to see less than 25 % still there. I think they had to go watch another game...Hmmmm....

Thank you Alpha Tau Omega, International Students, and anyone else who decided to stay!

troymarkus
10-02-2004, 08:30 PM
The numbers were very good. I was pleased. However, you would think we were at a freaking funeral!! No energy! When are these people going to realize that these kinds of games are MUCH more important than Mizzou because it's a CONFERENCE game???!!!

And then, after halftime, well over 65% of the people left. I wish they wouldn't have come at all. Pathetic.

I'll be writing an open letter to the Trop, Messenger, Dothan Eagle, and Advertiser calling the fans out. This is terrible.

Having said that, everything else was awesome!!! Bands were great. Game was incredible!!

BMarkey
10-02-2004, 09:00 PM
I was ready for a thread like this, based on what I heard (or didn't hear) on the radio.

The crowd was never loud, but at least in the late first half you could hear the cheering!

The band sounded great. I could hardly hear it during the South Carolina game.

It was very quiet in the second half, and toward the end (when Utah State was trying to storm back and Troy needed its fans the most), the announcers even said something about "what was left of the crowd" was getting fired up.

I can't understand why Troy fans can be so up for one game and so boring the next game; why so many people are more concerned with games on the tube in the Stadium Club or on their radios or mini-TVs; why they have to stay out in the tailgate area; why they have to rush out.

What are they leaving for? Why do they have to do that they need to leave so early. Hell, the Pell Avenue parties and bars don't get cranking until 11 p.m anyway!

Like Marcus, I believe it's time to choose: Troy or your other long-time team. Go cheer for that other team if you choose. But choose!

Get behind Troy - yell, scream, cry and laugh ... make noise, wear your paraphernalia, criticize and praise, but do it for Troy alone, or get out of our house.

TrojanHoarse
10-02-2004, 09:57 PM
If your writing a letter about student attendance, don't send it to Dothan Eagle or Mont. Adv., the students don't read that, they only read the Trop. If your gripe is w/ local fans, send it to the Messenger for similar reason. It doesn't help to complain about lack of excitement at games in Montgomery or Dothan papers where non-fans/potential fans will be the majority of those reading it.

troymarkus
10-02-2004, 10:39 PM
This won't be the first time I've written a letter. Yes, I agree with you about the Trop--that letter will be for the students. I disagree with you about the other papers. I think there are just as much if not more wiregrass fans as local Troy fans.

Regardless, they were pathetic.

ksdtrojan
10-02-2004, 11:52 PM
The fans at home games even against Mizzou are ALWAYS slow to get into the game. The majority of "FANS" don't get in their seats until the beginning of the 2nd Qtr, which is a problem because you can not expect the team to immediately get pumped for the game when the crowd is not pumped for the game. And when I say in their seats, I mean in their seats. The crowd does not get into the game until a big play is made. I've been to a few other big college games and the difference between games in TROY and the other two schools in ALABAMA is simply their fans don't sit down, they are never quite. If you sit at these games you won't see the game. That's what I expect at TROY and from now on I will not sit at our games ever. If your behind me you'll have to stand or you'll miss the game.

I also agree that all have to choose. I have and I choose Troy and I hope all other teams in Alabama lose and lose big until TROY is the #1 program in the state. The fact that "fans" of Troy leave the game to go watch another game on "TV" is ridiculous. Stay and support your team (or maybe that's what you were doing by leaving). How disheartening for Troy players to come out on the field after the half to find half of the crowd has left. WHAT?!?!? Come on Troy fans, what's the deal? Not only do our Trojans have to fight for recognition from the media and other programs, but also from their "fans". I even saw acouple of guys with AU caps on at the Mizzou game. HUH???? What game did they think they were attending? I have more respect for the Mizzou Fans than for those guys. At least the Mizzou fans have chosen.
It's simple - choose.

Go TROJANS

BOOOOOOO!!!!!! UABlah, Sloburn, and Alaslackers. I hope they loose every game and for those of you who still cheer for these teams - CHOOSE.

TUEngineer
10-03-2004, 01:16 AM
I was there the whole time in the student section (Even stood around and listened to the post-game performance...very good by the way). Stood the whole time except for halftime and the 4th quarter after Betterson's last TD. As I said in a previous post, the frats at Troy are useless, minus ATO...I happen to like those guys. They all left just before halftime, and I enjoyed it. We had plenty of space to spread out. You should send a letter to the Dothan Eagle though....they would most likely print it and it would spark more people from Dothan to come to the games.

Just my .02$

TrojanFan2
10-04-2004, 07:42 AM
We are averaging about 8 -10,000 more fans in the stadium than we were just a few short years ago. More people are coming and more will come! Troy has the nicest stadium I've ever been in to watch a football game.

We could probably use a better pre-game. Just some suggestions: Show our last game on the jumbo screen or the last game of todays opponent. Show highlights of previous games. Use the practice field for vendors and tailgating. Get the band and cheerleaders involved in small gorups. Get the horse or something similar back. Just some thoughts.

FRED_of_TROY
10-04-2004, 10:36 AM
The only one I can reply to is the band thing. I know that I would love to be more involved in small groups. That is what the small Trojan Patrol (during the Trojan Walk) is for. However, we haven't even had a chance to play in the Terrace this year. This is partially because of the tight schedules we have had before the last two games. However, if someone suggests this to someone higher up, it might happen.

TUFAN
10-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Was it just me or was the timing of the players entering the field off a little Sat? The annoucer seemed to be stalling for time, and captains were already tossing the coin and almost got run over when the players ran out. It just seemed to be off a little.

Troy93
10-04-2004, 06:14 PM
I agree we need more recent highlights on the pregame jumbotron. I understand showing the final kick in the 84 National Championship game (by the way, why isn't Turks' final run in 1987 worthy enough) but how do you not include this years highlights?