PDA

View Full Version : SAE (Alabama Epsilon)

Trojan1998
02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
The SAE chapter at Troy, Alabama Epsilon, is coming back to campus. In fact, the remaining guys who are still in school are holding meetings now in order to get things in shape for the chapter to resume normal functions come this fall. I know that we have quite a few SAE's who lurk around this forum and even post occasionally. We're looking at holding an alumni event/cookout at the chapter house the weekend of March 29th. If you're an E and would like to know the status of the chapter, send me a private message. You can also call Julius Pittman in the athletic department at Troy and he can give you details as well.

BMarkey
02-10-2008, 10:31 PM
How was the fraternity able to keep the house, or did it?

Troy owns those homes, right? Has it been empty?

TroyPremier
02-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Good ol' Boy System

Trojan1998
02-11-2008, 01:43 PM
How was the fraternity able to keep the house, or did it?

Troy owns those homes, right? Has it been empty?

SAE was able to keep the house because Herb Reeves held the house for us. If the chapter had not been cleared to come back this semester, then it was likely that one of the newer fraternities such as ATO or Kappa Sig would have had the opportunity to move in.

Discophobia
02-12-2008, 10:13 PM
TroyPremier "Good ol' Boy System"

You my friend are talking out of your A**. I know first hand that the University has never been buddies with SAE. If you want good ol' boy you need to carry that further down Pell Ave. What Fraternity is Herb Reeves a member of? Not SAE! What Fraternity is Jack Hawkins a member of? Not SAE! The list goes on and on........in order to have a good ol boy system, don't you actually need to have people with influence in a position to make decisions that have an impact on those that they favor.....

TroJam
02-16-2008, 05:15 PM

You my friend are talking out of your A**. I know first hand that the University has never been buddies with SAE. If you want good ol' boy you need to carry that further down Pell Ave. What Fraternity is Herb Reeves a member of? Not SAE! What Fraternity is Jack Hawkins a member of? Not SAE! The list goes on and on........in order to have a good ol boy system, don't you actually need to have people with influence in a position to make decisions that have an impact on those that they favor.....

Couldn't have said better myself! You go Disco!!

Paul of Troy
02-17-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm pretty sure their house was occupied by foreign students...

FHBrian
02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
It has been occupied by international students for a while.

Trojan1998
02-18-2008, 02:29 PM
It has been occupied by international students for a while.

The SAE house is not being occupied by international students or any other students. It's been sitting vacant. However, the E's will be moving back in this summer.

FHBrian
02-18-2008, 02:33 PM
It has been occupied by, I would assume, international students because of the way they look and very few cars are ever parked there. I am in Troy at least every other month next door at the FH house and I have seen them numerous times in the house.

Champion
02-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Does it really matter what you saw? Not really.

FHBrian
02-19-2008, 08:47 AM
No it doesn't matter, was just letting him know that there were students living in the house.

Discophobia
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
That was just my brother Bilo and his friends from Kazakhstan. They liked it very much it was nice!

Paul of Troy
02-19-2008, 01:20 PM
That house HAS been occupied by international students. I have seen it with my own two eyes. If they are not living there they sure do hang out there all the time.

Paul of Troy
02-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Does it really matter what you saw? Not really.

What kind of ignorant and vague response is that anyway?

TroyPremier
02-19-2008, 02:00 PM
The kind that comes from the type of guys responsible for them being suspended to begin with......

Champion
02-20-2008, 11:49 AM
It still doesn't matter.

Paul of Troy
02-20-2008, 12:04 PM
It still doesn't matter.

No, I guess the truth wouldn't to someone who didn't want to hear it.

Discophobia
02-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Why are you guys so obsessed with foriegn students? This is perhaps the dumbest crap I have seen on this board. What did they not want to pledge Farm House, so you guys despise them or something. I mean let it go man, in the end SAE is moving back into the house and that is a good thing for the entire greek system at Troy. Anytime a fraternity is lost at Troy it is a bad thing, every fraternity has something to offer a different set of people, but in the end one thing is certain and that is it enriches the lives of those that are involved. When I was at Troy, I looked at several other fraternities as enemies as if it were tribal warfare, but after being out of school for many years you realize that, that attitude is just idiotic and maybe some of you haters will one day hopefully see that also.

FHBrian
02-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Why are you guys so obsessed with foriegn students? This is perhaps the dumbest crap I have seen on this board. What did they not want to pledge Farm House, so you guys despise them or something. I mean let it go man, in the end SAE is moving back into the house and that is a good thing for the entire greek system at Troy. Anytime a fraternity is lost at Troy it is a bad thing, every fraternity has something to offer a different set of people, but in the end one thing is certain and that is it enriches the lives of those that are involved. When I was at Troy, I looked at several other fraternities as enemies as if it were tribal warfare, but after being out of school for many years you realize that, that attitude is just idiotic and maybe some of you haters will one day hopefully see that also.

I am the only FH member that posted on this topic that I know of and all I did was agree that yes there was international students living in the SAE house. I am glad SAE is back on campus and would rather have ya'll back as neighbors than the other options of organizations that would have possibly been given the house. It was Champion that acted like as a$$hole about it, and I just let that drop because what is the point of arguing on a message board.

Paul of Troy
02-20-2008, 04:22 PM

I never said anything bad about SAE...I said something about international students and then some tool (champion) started acting like a moron. The fact is that international students lived in that damn house. Period.

I couldn't care less about any fraternity and their issues.

Champion
02-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Relax...you guys take this chat room stuff way to serious. I just like to type a couple of lines every-now-and-then, etc.,

Oh yeah...AND IT STILL DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discophobia
02-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Go tell Juan and Jose to expect an INS raid tomorrow!

trojanred
02-28-2008, 03:44 PM

This really doesn't matter but thought I would chime in with my experience from Troy. When I was there it was common knowledge that much of the local (Pike County) boys went SAE and many influential locals were alumni. They may not be on the school's administration but are still influential in the town and with $$$$. Everyone knows that a significant donor to a university has some sway. Just look at bammer to see proof. I have no idea how much influence these local alumni have; I just know what I have heard in general terms from other locals. Unlike Champion, I say everyone's points matter in a conversation.

Troy_Nomad
02-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Are you really playing devil's advocate or are you just pissed that SAE coming back means your frat doesn't get the house?

trojanred
02-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Are you really playing devil's advocate or are you just pissed that SAE coming back means your frat doesn't get the house?

I was simply sharing information from my time at Troy. How that comes across as pissed is beyond me. My chapter knows they aren't getting that house. That has been clear for some time now so that point is very irrelevant. We have begun pursuing other means of housing in case the new Greek village continues to be put off for another 5-10 years. I say this because when I was a freshman in 2001 the new row was "just around the corner." The university has a lot of projects going and a new fraternity row is simply not at the top of that list.