PDA

View Full Version : Troy Bowl Package Info....Coming Soon

Trojan 6 pack
12-05-2004, 09:37 PM
I just received an email from ricky hazel. He said that the packages would be released very soon. Maybe they will be reasonable. They are currently making the final arrangements.

BMarkey
12-05-2004, 10:20 PM
For those of us in Florida and elsewhere, there will be little likelihood of participating. But I hope you local folks get some deals.

I'd love to see a package with various jumping-off points (BHM, ATL, MGM, MCO, MIA, etc.). Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

pkf4troy
12-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Try expedia.com out of MCO or TPA.....about $900 for 2 round trip flights, 2 rooms at the Wyndam and rental car. This would be out of BHamso could be better through Tampa or Orlando being major hubs.

Trojan 6 pack
12-05-2004, 10:22 PM
I am a local. We live about 30 minutes from Troy. We are hoping for a reasonable package that we can afford. (flight, hotel, etc.) My 9 year old son has asked Santa for tickets to the Troy bowl game. We were just hoping it would be closer. Santa might not be able to deliver his only Christmas wish. I am hoping for a great deal! Ricky wrote back and said that they should have the packages ready very soon.

Trojan 6 pack
12-05-2004, 10:26 PM
I also used expedia.com. The best that I found was around $1600 for 2 adults and 1 child. More details ...please Thanks!

pkf4troy
12-05-2004, 10:26 PM
I'll send you a PM

BMarkey
12-05-2004, 10:51 PM
My best flight deal was $480 from West Palm Beach (PBI) to Oakland (Delta), but that was with two stops. Not too thrilling.

Southwest is pretty booked up from anywhere in Florida to San Jose during those days.

pkf4troy
12-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Being PBI si a hub also it may not get any better through MCO or TPA

BMarkey
12-05-2004, 10:56 PM
PBI is a pretty good sized airport and Delta is a huge presence there. The flights don't seem any cheaper, even from Miami.

Southwest HAD some $198 flights from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to San Jose. They are long gone.

troy4ever
12-05-2004, 11:01 PM
The cheapest I've found so far was $406 out of Atlanta on American Airline roundtrip

Trojan 6 pack
12-05-2004, 11:26 PM
I have been searching since the official announcement as well. The best rates are out of Atlanta. I am waiting for packages Troy is putting together. I just received an email that said all the arrangements should be out by Wed. or earlier.$408 is better than any rate I have found on expedia, etc.

TSUfaninCALI
12-06-2004, 04:07 AM
My best flight deal was $480 from West Palm Beach (PBI) to Oakland (Delta), but that was with two stops. Not too thrilling.

Southwest is pretty booked up from anywhere in Florida to San Jose during those days.

Check flights in to SFO, I looked at a few in your area and some from ATL and it was $282 for you and $303 from ATL round trip, we need to make a great impression out here, the bay area is a football hot bed and if you look back through the last few years, Troy has got quite a few JC kids from this area. I hope to see you all there with me.

TSU-Baggs
12-06-2004, 07:56 AM
I found RT airfare from Orlando on United into San Fran for $363, departing at 7am on the 29th and returning on the morning of the 31st which gets you back into orlando at 4:49pm so you can still celebrate New Years!

Trojan 6 pack
12-06-2004, 09:21 AM
OK....give us more information on the flight out of Atlanta to ?. Around $300 WOW! Exactly what flight is that. Please give more details. This sounds GREAT!THANKS!!!

BirminghamTrojan
12-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Where can I find the bowl packages once they are created?

faithintsu
12-06-2004, 10:10 AM
I really hope they got something worked out that is reasonable. I fear that it will not be, but we can always hope.

backskinner
12-06-2004, 10:46 AM
For any Carolina Trojans, Delta has a flight out of Charlotte to San Jose with 1 stop in Atlanta (who didn't know that?) on 12/30 at 6 AM, return on 12/31 at 10:20 PM for $314 RT. See y'all there!

Trojan 6 pack
12-06-2004, 10:58 AM
If you filled out a pledge card, they will contact you as soon as they are released. As soon as I get my email from ricky...I will post it. We need as many Trojans there as possible. He said that they would be released by Wed. Hoping for a great deal!

Trojan83
12-06-2004, 11:00 AM
NIU has got their sh*t together. They already have bowl travel packages out on their website.

Nothing like a little foresight.

Hopefully, our people will get their stuff together pretty soon.

Tums
12-06-2004, 11:38 AM
NIU has got their sh*t together. They already have bowl travel packages out on their website.

Nothing like a little foresight.

Hopefully, our people will get their stuff together pretty soon.
Their PACKAGES DO NOT provide getting anyone to San JOSE. That makes them alot easier to do when it is just a Motel and Game ticket.

Trojan 6 pack
12-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Maybe our people are just really searching for a great deal, so our whole Trojan famliy can go to Cal.

faithintsu
12-06-2004, 12:30 PM
I just hung up with Faith Ward at Troy and she informed me that everyone on campus is working to put together the packages.

So everyone please wait to book until we see what the university can do. They are putting a package deal together were we can all fly there, stay in the same hotel, etc...

She did confirm that they are working for flights out of Montogomery, Birmingham, and Atlanta. So please, lets wait and see what they release, I can gurantee it will be cheaper.

BMarkey
12-06-2004, 12:35 PM
I just checked Priceline.com for airfare and got what appears to be a decent deal. (I haven't taken it yet.)

Frm PBI (West Palm Beach) to SFO (San Francisco), $373 round trip.

BUT ... I don't get to choose flight times or airlines.

Flying out on Dec. 28 would not be a problem, but coming back on the 31st could put me in the air for New Year's Eve. But don't all west coast flights headed east have to leave early enough to land before late night restructions go into effect?

Is anyone staying over for a New Year's Troy victory party?

sae92
12-06-2004, 12:59 PM
faithintsu,

What about for those of us who have already booked plane tickets to SJC but want to get room deals, prefferably where the team and other fans (band maybe??) are staying? Do you know if they are working out that as well and will post it?

troystfan
12-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Faith, I also spoke with the alumni office today, got the same info. Possility of a chartered flight for fans. Also said that they thought the DoubleTree was the hotel for the team. It is listed on the bowl website as the WAC hotel. I think it is about $105 per night.

TSUfaninCALI
12-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey guys,

I found fares on Travelocity.com, the cheap flights and great deals on hotels. Hyatt and other top name hotels from $65 a night. Let me know if you guys need any help with anything out here. I can see what I can do, being outhere.

svenattroy
12-06-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm probably just going to sleep in the car in the middle of the parking lot! Who needs a hotel!