PDA

View Full Version : Fact 1: CDOA Living Up To Expectations

WeSuck.com
12-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Attention all of you CDOA lovers out there- this is a dying football conference.

Why any of you think this stinker is going to keep its bowl tie-ins is beyond me. They got them by default if you ask me. This is not the conference for us.

How will UTEP, Rice, SMU and Tulsa bring more excitement to MGVS?

I say go try to steal USM and get Georgia Southern to make the move now! USA will be a disaster - not much better than UAB.

FYI: Nice move by Birmingham putting the majority of USM/Cincy fans on the same side. Hey, the effect worked. Maybe they should try to move all of UAB's fans into one section/row - they have to start somewhere.

TUrocks
12-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Not to try to debunk your point using only one game as evidence, but ECU is putting it to Boise St. tonight.....so far at least.

WeSuck.com
12-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Not to try to debunk your point using only one game as evidence, but ECU is putting it to Boise St. tonight.....so far at least.

ECU is heading to the Big East - they have a Medical School like ALL of the other football members of the Big East.

They also sold over 5,000 tickets to this bowl. They distributed 4k to the military, but how many would we have sold? 100?

Hector
12-24-2007, 08:52 AM
"ECU is heading to the Big East - they have a Medical School like ALL of the other football members of the Big East."

WeSuck, you are misinformed. Syracuse University is a football member of the Big East, but it does not have a medical school.

WeSuck.com
12-24-2007, 01:04 PM
State University of New York - Syracuse - same thing.

Just as in The University of New Jersey - Rutgers is refered to as RU.

Either way you slice it, we are a LOOOOOOONG way behind any of these schools.

BlazerUnit
12-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Conferences don't play each other, teams do.

One SunBelt team bested one C-USA team. It's happened before, and it'll probably happen again. C-USA has regressed a bit, while the SunBelt has grown a bit. Doesn't mean we're in the midst of a 'hostile takeover'.

TroyPremier
12-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Conferences don't play each other, teams do.

One SunBelt team bested one C-USA team. It's happened before, and it'll probably happen again. C-USA has regressed a bit, while the SunBelt has grown a bit. Doesn't mean we're in the midst of a 'hostile takeover'.

I'm fairly certain the Belt has a winning record against CUSA over the last two seasons.......don't be so short sighted as to scope it down to just one game.

MTPiKapp
12-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm fairly certain the Belt has a winning record against CUSA over the last two seasons.......don't be so short sighted as to scope it down to just one game.

If I'm not mistaken, the Belt has a one game advantage over C-USA in the past 2 seasons. We beat them by one game last year and we were dead even this year. I do not think that we have passed C-USA, but to say that we have caught them or are about to catch them is fine, to say that we have passed them is not ridiculous, however, the elitest attitude they have is extremely ridiculous. C-USA has two teams that could have competed for the Belt title this year, UCF and Tulsa. Troy and FAU would have beaten any other team in the conference and any match up of UCF/Tulsa versus Troy/FAU would have produced a very good game.

BlazerUnit
12-25-2007, 02:15 AM

I don't think I was, considering the original poster referred to the New Orleans bowl matchup featuring Memphis and FAU.

You'll also notice I didn't deny the SunBelt's head-to-head success against C-USA. Our schools haven't taken care of business, and the SBC has some good OOC wins because of that.

BlazerUnit
12-25-2007, 02:27 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the Belt has a one game advantage over C-USA in the past 2 seasons. We beat them by one game last year and we were dead even this year. I do not think that we have passed C-USA, but to say that we have caught them or are about to catch them is fine, to say that we have passed them is not ridiculous, however, the elitest attitude they have is extremely ridiculous. C-USA has two teams that could have competed for the Belt title this year, UCF and Tulsa. Troy and FAU would have beaten any other team in the conference and any match up of UCF/Tulsa versus Troy/FAU would have produced a very good game.

UCF and Tulsa would have danced right through the SunBelt. UCF RB Kevin Smith has run roughshod over people and was snubbed for Doak Walker award consideration. Tulsa QB Paul Smith and the Tulsa offense has been lighting it up since the ULM game.

I won't agree that Troy or FAU would have beaten the rest of C-USA-I think Houston and ECU are better. Kick those two out of C-USA, however, and I think Troy or FAU do just as well--and make it to bowls.

BlazerUnit
12-25-2007, 02:28 AM

UCF and Tulsa would have danced right through the SunBelt. UCF RB Kevin Smith has run roughshod over people and was snubbed for Doak Walker award consideration. Tulsa QB Paul Smith and the Tulsa offense has been lighting it up since the ULM game.

I won't agree that Troy or FAU would have beaten the rest of C-USA-I think Houston and ECU are better. Kick those two out of C-USA, however, and I think Troy or FAU do just as well--and make it to bowls.

BMarkey
12-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Troy, FAU and one other team would have beaten UCF and/or Tulsa. UCF was drubbed by the same USF team that FAU lost to on the last series of the game.