PDA

View Full Version : Who do YOU want Troy to play?

Burn the Horse
12-22-2007, 01:31 PM
I know this has no bearing on scheduling, but I thought it would be fun to see who everyone on here would like to see Troy play IN TROY. Name your teams and why you would want them to come to town. Try to keep it attainable, no Nebraskas or Auburns etc.

For me, I would like to see Troy begin bringing in MAC and CUSA teams.

1.) Southern Miss - regional mid-major powerhouse who could help legitimize our program as a mid major power in the minds of our fellow statesmen. Plus, I think it could be a great rivalry that could carry over if we moved to CUSA.

2.) Marshall - Great rivalry that we allowed to die. I think this is a game we should play every year 1-1. Love playing the Herd!

3.) Miami (OH) - Good MAC team we could do a 1-1 with, they win bowl games and I'd love to stick it to an upper tier MAC program.

4.) Central Michigan - They have a great QB in Brandon LeFevour and they are dominating the MAC right now. It'd be nice to see how we match up against that conference's best.

5.) App State - Face it, they belong in D-1A. I think the Belt should begin talking to them and I want them to come to Troy.

socrgoly25
12-22-2007, 02:12 PM
UAB
UCF
USM
Alabama State
Jax State
Air Force

(and I want to schedule a game AT Tulane, I'd love to go to New Orleans twice in a season!)

BMarkey
12-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Survey 10 people (even fans) on the street and many of them will think Central Mich. is a I-AA school.

It's a good program that has a small following, little national notoriety, pretty much zero drawing power in Troy and, unfortunately, the ability to hand us a loss.

My top 8 in Troy

UCF (by a long shot)
UAB
USF
USM
Nebraska (almost happened)
Miami
Georgia Tech
Marshall

MTPiKapp
12-22-2007, 03:22 PM
I'd like to see the New England Patriots play in Troy on Saturday and then Troy travel to Murfreesboro on Thursday...

But seriously, this is one place where we are ahead of the Trojans, not by a longshot, but UVA, Maryland, Mississippi State, and Georgia Tech will have all traveled to Murfreesboro in a 5 year period. There have been some BIG BIG BIG time opponents rumored on our insiders folders. If one in particular turned out be true, it would be far and away the best team to ever play in a Sunbelt stadium.

I would like to see us get some more C-USA schools into Murfreesboro, we have Memphis twice in the coming years, but, I'd love to see more and I'd love to see every belt team getting home and home deals with C-USA, continue to prove that the Sunbelt is catching and passing C-USA.

opnsgreg
12-22-2007, 03:52 PM
continue to prove that the Sunbelt is catching and passing C-USA.

Correction: "has caught and passed". MAC up next.

And off topic, but I would have loved to have seen FSU bow out of the Music City Bowl and have Troy take their place. The SBC *HAS* to get at least one more if not two bowl tie ins next year. No excuse for an 8-4 team to be sitting home late December when there are more than half of FBS teams participating in bowls. I felt that about the 2001 Raiders at 8-3 and feel it for Troy today.

We need a Sun Belt-MAC bowl at least next year.

TU/JSU Fan
12-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Hmm...

Coming to Troy....

I would like to see the following.

Southern Miss - this could be a fun game.. nice crowd and could develop into a rival game if done correctly
UCF - This would be a lot of fun.. I don't know that they would (I think the Texas home game this year pretty much gives them the big head for scheduling)
North Carolina - An ACC team that i think we could get here for 1 - 1 deal and a definite W in our column...
Vandy - Not sure that we could get them here because they are vandy and an SEC school with SEC attitudes, but I think it would be nice to bring them here NEXT year so we could all see their Pike Co. Alum in his SR year at QB.

finally..

Jacksonville State.. Yes it is a IAA school, but lets face it.. There has NEVER been another school that has had near the rivalry with Troy than JSU and if you bring them back on the schedule you automatically get a great crowd (possibly the biggest ever in MGVS because JSU travels well for a IAA school) and would be great for both programs as both desperately need a rival again...

ksdtrojan
12-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Let's see:

non-Power 6 Teams:
UCF
Southern Miss
Houston
Tulane
Marshall
Air Force, Navy, Army

Power 6 Teams:
USF
Vanderbilt
Georgia Tech
Miami
Texas A&M

Man of Troy
12-22-2007, 11:43 PM
I'd like to see MTPiKapp not being a douche....some things I'll have to leave for Santa Clause I suppose though.

ugatrojan
12-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Auburn or Bama.

I'd like to play both in a season to create the opportunity to prove our dominance!

SOTSAlumBigGuns
12-23-2007, 12:10 AM
I agree with most suggestions, but I'd have to say Purdue. Mainly because my Dad routes for them so it'd be a fun little rivalry with him (even though he routes for Troy as well). Also, I think we could take them. The didn't finish out the year so well.

MTPiKapp
12-23-2007, 02:10 AM
I'd like to see MTPiKapp not being a douche....some things I'll have to leave for Santa Clause I suppose though.

This barely deserves a reply, but what the heck...

Are you serious? I like to think of myself as a liked, or at least respected, part time contributer to this board. My post count is 171 and yours is 13. Please check your childish insults at the door.

FliryVorru
12-23-2007, 01:58 PM
I'd love for us to beat more than one big conference team in the same year, so we need a schedule like Vanderbilt, Iowa State, Baylor, Northwestern, Arizona....

Maybe even some of the mid-level teams like Wake Forest, UCLA, Michigan State, Oklahoma State... oh, wait....

I'd LOVE to see a game against Boise State or Hawaii

Hemi Man
12-23-2007, 05:15 PM
I love the idea of Southern Miss I believe you could fill the stands at both schools. Louisville, UCF, Miss, Miss St. No more than 2 big money games a yearand in the near future that should drop to one.

Trojan Teke
12-24-2007, 04:26 PM
I'd like to see Troy & ECU. they are a good Conf. USA team and fans from both schools could make the trip on a 1 for 1 deal. I also would like to see UCF and Marshal come to Troy. and for a BCS school I would like to see either GA Tech or USF. I think both of those could be obtainable BCS schools to come in.

Paul of Troy
12-24-2007, 06:01 PM
This barely deserves a reply, but what the heck...

Are you serious? I like to think of myself as a liked, or at least respected, part time contributer to this board. My post count is 171 and yours is 13. Please check your childish insults at the door.

Except that you spent 171 posts being a douche...

Liked? Respected? More like ignored until you go too far...

MTPiKapp
12-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Except that you spent 171 posts being a douche...

Liked? Respected? More like ignored until you go too far...

I'm sorry you feel that way Paul, but a good number of your brethren do not. I have had plenty of polite and considerate conversations with the majority of the posters on this board. I don't name call, why do you?

TrojanGranger
12-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Auburn or Bama.

I'd like to play both in a season to create the opportunity to prove our dominance!

I fear that won't happen even in my grandchildren's lifetime, and my only child just turned 7!

LowerAlabamaMocFan
12-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Again, most of you Troy fans are showing your ignorance about college football. Appy State nor anybody is 1AA. As for showing your dominance to Alabama and Auburn, that is funny. Youve beat Marshall(who is basically fresh from the ranks of the former D1AA Southern Conference, Missouri(who was the best team that youve beat) and Mississippi State(they couldnt fight their way out of a wet paper bag when Troy beat them) so Im sure Bama and Auburn are shaking in their shoes.
Your claim to fame is playing big teams close, well, Ive done that while playing at Chattanooga. So what.
Earth to Troy, most Americans think you guys are D2. The Alabama and Auburn fans think you and the Sunbelt are a joke. Think about it, isnt it kind of embarrasing to think Florida Atlantic is the cream of your conference. Who the hell is Florida Atlantic, I know only because I am a highly educated football fan that has forgot more about Troy football than most of you will ever know.
I love the Troy Trojans, I just think you are about the most uneducated bunch of hick fans that I have ever seen. I bet everyone of you went home for the weekend, if you indeed even go to Troy. We called Troy the 13th Grade in Coffee County.
Wow, you run ruff shots through the Sunbelt, whoopty freaking doo. Who has a bigger name? Appy State or Troy...Thats right Appy State out of the Southern Conference. I have not seen ESPN or Fox Sports do a special on Troy, but I have seen shows on both networks that were solely dedicated to Appy St. Georgia Southern from the Southern Conference is a bigger household name than Troy. Furman has had many bigger wins than Troy. Citadel has had as many big wins as Troy and take in mind it only takes 2 or 3 wins to accomplish this.
Dont stroke yourself to hard, you are just a small college team with Napoleon complex. My company has 25 corporate tickets and we cant even give them away to employees, though Troy counts this in their attendance. This is why I gladly purchase them every year, because they sure as hell arent going to sell them to walk up customers. You should be honored that I have enlightened you.
Merry Christmas to you hicks and please learn your football as you will continue to give Troy a blackeye.

TrojanEmpire
12-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Again, most of you Troy fans are showing your ignorance about college football. Appy State nor anybody is 1AA. As for showing your dominance to Alabama and Auburn, that is funny. Youve beat Marshall(who is basically fresh from the ranks of the former D1AA Southern Conference, Missouri(who was the best team that youve beat) and Mississippi State(they couldnt fight their way out of a wet paper bag when Troy beat them) so Im sure Bama and Auburn are shaking in their shoes.
Your claim to fame is playing big teams close, well, Ive done that while playing at Chattanooga. So what.
Earth to Troy, most Americans think you guys are D2. The Alabama and Auburn fans think you and the Sunbelt are a joke. Think about it, isnt it kind of embarrasing to think Florida Atlantic is the cream of your conference. Who the hell is Florida Atlantic, I know only because I am a highly educated football fan that has forgot more about Troy football than most of you will ever know.
I love the Troy Trojans, I just think you are about the most uneducated bunch of hick fans that I have ever seen. I bet everyone of you went home for the weekend, if you indeed even go to Troy. We called Troy the 13th Grade in Coffee County.
Wow, you run ruff shots through the Sunbelt, whoopty freaking doo. Who has a bigger name? Appy State or Troy...Thats right Appy State out of the Southern Conference. I have not seen ESPN or Fox Sports do a special on Troy, but I have seen shows on both networks that were solely dedicated to Appy St. Georgia Southern from the Southern Conference is a bigger household name than Troy. Furman has had many bigger wins than Troy. Citadel has had as many big wins as Troy and take in mind it only takes 2 or 3 wins to accomplish this.
Dont stroke yourself to hard, you are just a small college team with Napoleon complex. My company has 25 corporate tickets and we cant even give them away to employees, though Troy counts this in their attendance. This is why I gladly purchase them every year, because they sure as hell arent going to sell them to walk up customers. You should be honored that I have enlightened you.
Merry Christmas to you hicks and please learn your football as you will continue to give Troy a blackeye.

Well.............someone sure seems bitter. I find it somewhat humorous that someone from Coffee County is making fun of Troy. Whatever your problem is with Troy, I hope you get over it. Merry Christmas to you sir.

MTPiKapp
12-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Again, most of you Troy fans are showing your ignorance about college football. Appy State nor anybody is 1AA.

Says the D1aa fan...

So sorry to offend you by using the more practical name, rather than FCSBSCSB or whatever you guys are.

TrojanEmpire
12-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Says the D1aa fan...

So sorry to offend you by using the more practical name, rather than FCSBSCSB or whatever you guys are.

The correct terminology for those who do not apparently know as much as MocFan is FCS (Football Championship Subdivision). BTW Moc, since you have forgotten more than the rest of us will ever know. How about enlightening us.?If all you have is bluster then your opinions will not be taken seriously at all. Back up all your big talk by dropping some knowledge on us Coach Lombardi.

MTPiKapp
12-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Youve beat Marshall(who is basically fresh from the ranks of the former D1AA Southern Conference, Missouri(who was the best team that youve beat) and Mississippi State(they couldnt fight their way out of a wet paper bag when Troy beat them) so Im sure Bama and Auburn are shaking in their shoes.

You left out Oklahoma State, which Troy beat this season, way to stay current. In regards to Bama and Auburn not wanting to play Troy, while I think that "shaking in their shoes" is definitely a stretch, but they definitely want no part of Troy. They both, bama especially, make a routine of scheduling Sun Belt schools, but both overlook Troy every year.

That is pretty ignorant for someone claiming to be a highly educated football fan. Anyone who follows college football enough to follow the sport and not just their team, knows exactly who Troy is.

Your right Bama and Auburn fans think that the Belt is a joke. Bama fans are laughing it up over losing to the 3rd or 4th place team in our joke of a conference.

I don't think there's anything about FAU being the cream of the conference this year. They beat Minnesota, granted a bad Minnesota team but nonetheless, and they dominated Memphis on national tv. I can't ask much more from a conference champ then that.

Wow, you run ruff shots through the Sunbelt, whoopty freaking doo. Who has a bigger name? Appy State or Troy...Thats right Appy State out of the Southern Conference. I have not seen ESPN or Fox Sports do a special on Troy, but I have seen shows on both networks that were solely dedicated to Appy St. Georgia Southern from the Southern Conference is a bigger household name than Troy.

If it weren't for a day in Anne Arbor this September, Appy State would not have half the name recognition Troy does. Only avid college football fans know anything about D1AA, excuse me FCBSBBSSSCCSBSBSS teams, even powers like Appy St or Georgia Southern.

My company has 25 corporate tickets and we cant even give them away to employees, though Troy counts this in their attendance. This is why I gladly purchase them every year, because they sure as hell arent going to sell them to walk up customers. You should be honored that I have enlightened you.

Probably the reason that you can't give the tickets away, is because those who care enough to go, would have already bought their tickets, or have allegiances to other teams. Most people have more important things to do on weekends than go to a football game of a team they aren't a fan of.

I don't know what your deal is, but next time you feel the need to "enlighten" someone, just pause, take a deep breath, relax, and find something more constructive to do with your time, because I promise you no one here learned anything from your rambling, other than what a jackass you are.

TrojanEmpire
12-25-2007, 06:35 PM
You left out Oklahoma State, which Troy beat this season, way to stay current. In regards to Bama and Auburn not wanting to play Troy, while I think that "shaking in their shoes" is definitely a stretch, but they definitely want no part of Troy. They both, bama especially, make a routine of scheduling Sun Belt schools, but both overlook Troy every year.

That is pretty ignorant for someone claiming to be a highly educated football fan. Anyone who follows college football enough to follow the sport and not just their team, knows exactly who Troy is.

Your right Bama and Auburn fans think that the Belt is a joke. Bama fans are laughing it up over losing to the 3rd or 4th place team in our joke of a conference.

I don't think there's anything about FAU being the cream of the conference this year. They beat Minnesota, granted a bad Minnesota team but nonetheless, and they dominated Memphis on national tv. I can't ask much more from a conference champ then that.

If it weren't for a day in Anne Arbor this September, Appy State would not have half the name recognition Troy does. Only avid college football fans know anything about D1AA, excuse me FCBSBBSSSCCSBSBSS teams, even powers like Appy St or Georgia Southern.

Probably the reason that you can't give the tickets away, is because those who care enough to go, would have already bought their tickets, or have allegiances to other teams. Most people have more important things to do on weekends than go to a football game of a team they aren't a fan of.

I don't know what your deal is, but next time you feel the need to "enlighten" someone, just pause, take a deep breath, relax, and find something more constructive to do with your time, because I promise you no one here learned anything from your rambling, other than what a jackass you are.

how dare you use the truth to point out the fallacies in his ranting and raving?

Hemi Man
12-25-2007, 08:36 PM
OK. First and foremost I pray that he is joking about being from Coffee County. Someone is a little bitter on Christmas day. I guess his little princess/fairy outfit he opened this morning was to small. Shouldn't he be on the Moc's messageboard? Do they have one? Since you played at Chattanooga shouldn't you be drooling over all those big wins against Georgia Polytech instead of on here spewing your inferiority complex. My guess is this is one of Blazer boys roomates.

ksdtrojan
12-25-2007, 08:54 PM
We have a MOC sighting!

His posts are so comical because he says "YOU" Troy fans. Then, he includes himself in with the very group he is trying to put down.

Cane gone Trojan
12-25-2007, 10:39 PM
MOC,
You were obviously not promoted to the 13th grade; therefore, you went to be a big MOC player. You do not even have to play high school football to get a scholarship there.
We have flag football players at Troy that would dominate the MOCs....LOL>>>>MOC
MOC football player.....LOL>>>>>LOL>>>>>>>

Trojan2003
12-26-2007, 03:06 AM

Furman has had as many big wins as Troy?? Since 1990 Furman hasn't defeated anyone (except a few 1AA teams). Georgia Southern? They had zero marquee wins between 1990 and 2007. The Citadel defeated Arkansas in 1992; since then they haven't defeated anyone. What about Tennessee-Chattanooga??? Answer: zero marquee wins since 1990.

How many BCS teams have these teams (GSU, Appy St., Furman, Citadel, Chattanooga etc) hosted so far? SBC teams such as Troy (Missouri, Oklahoma State) and MTSU (Virginia, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State) are able to host BCS teams while 1AA/FCS teams can't even get low level Mid majors to play at their 10,000+ seat stadiums.

Between 1900 and 2007: How many first or second round NFL draft picks did Furman/GSU/Appy State/Chattanooga/The Citadel etc produce? Answer: zero; and Troy?: 2.
Both Ware (1st round draft pick in 2004) and Umenyiora (2nd round draft pick in 2002) were Pro Bowlers in 2006 and 2007, respectively. Moreover, both are 2008 Pro Bowlers.

SoCon vs SBC facilites: Furman (16,000), The Citadel (21,000), Appy State (16,650), UT Chattanooga (22,000), etc. can't compete with most SBC stadiums.

There is a reason why some SoCon teams (GSU, Appy State) want to leave the conference. These universities don't want to be associated with 1AA/FCS teams such as UT-Chattanooga, Elon, Wofford, and The Citadel...

Navarre Trojan
12-26-2007, 08:06 AM
How many BCS teams have these teams (GSU, Appy St., Furman, Citadel, Chattanooga etc) hosted so far? SBC teams such as Troy (Missouri, Oklahoma State) and MTSU (Virginia, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State) are able to host BCS teams while 1AA/FCS teams can't even get low level Mid majors to play at their 10,000+ seat stadiums.

BCS schools play at these venues. Therefore, GSU, Appy St., Furman, Citadel, Chattanooga, etc, will never host a BCS school.

BDM88
12-31-2007, 12:05 AM

Didn't You Lose to Carson Newman This Year? A lonley Divsion II team Beating your Mighty D1AA err FBS Mocs. You couldn't even Beat East Tennessee State in their last year with only 35 players. Since I was There and I remember the Score was 68-7.

TrojanEmpire
12-31-2007, 01:23 PM
as to who should we play. What about Air Force and Army. Think about it. Troy is mid-way between Maxwell AFB and Fort Rucker. I definitely think those games would be easy sell outs due to the proximity of those two miltary bases. There was talk a few years ago about playing Air Force at Cramton Bowl in Montgomery. If we are looking to put butts in the seats, then the amount of military personnel that would come would bring a huge crowd to MGVS. Any thoughts?

As I speak Air Force is beating Cal 21-0 in the 2nd quarter.

Mrs. Ho
12-31-2007, 02:15 PM
I say many time before, why we not play Air Force, Army, Navy. All military personnel in general troy area, I see fly over in future. I need something to keep husband eye off of USC song girl (tramps).

Navarre Trojan
12-31-2007, 03:01 PM
why we don't schedule the service academies and have been told that getting them on the schedule is very, very difficult. They are always in demand and schedule years out in advance. I think all of them would be extremely attractive to Troy. With campuses on nearly every base around the world there are literally thousands of Troy Graduates in the military. It would only seem that we could pack the house with any of them coming to Troy.

Besides, what a GREAT road trip they would be, Colorado Springs, Annapolis or West Point, for a one for one contract. Can you imagine how many service members would attend? You have the Navy in Pensacola and Jacksonville, the Army at Rucker and Benning, and the Air Force at Maxwell, Eglin, Hurlburt and Tyndall, not to mention McPherson and Warner Robins! It seems to be a 'no brainer' for us, except that we just haven't been able to get them, yet!

The MWR departments would bus these folks in by the thousands, it would be a tremendous atmosphere. Hopefully we will get them, soon.

TU Rob
12-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Big names are probably never going to come to Troy. Well, maybe not never, but it will be a far way off.

I'd love to see regional home and home games develop. We have a conference that is a little tough to travel to, so adding a few closer games would help. There were a lot of fans at FSU. There are always a lot of fans at UAB. So maybe not worry about snagging a big name to come play in Troy, but get a lot of closer schools to schedule 1-1.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
01-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Just to answer a couple of your post 1. The Citadel also beat South Carolina when Sparky Woods was the Coach 2. Furman beat Georgia Tech and North Carolina State also. The Mocs have beaten the Tennessee Vols along with others, can you say the same about your big brother Auburn or Bama? Sorry, no you cant.
And yes, the Ok. State was a great win for Troy, that was awesome. I am a big fan of the Ok. ST. head coach for taking up for his qb though a couple weeks after the game. A great win for the Men of Troy. I was very proud of them.
By the way, the Mocs fan board is www.mocfans.com feel free to visit. Our stadium is as nice as Troys, if not nicer. So dog us if you want, it makes no sense. Chattanooga had two or three head coaches move to SEC and ACC Head Coaching jobs and that hurt our program, but I have faith in our Coach Rodney Allison, he is Bobby Bowden disciple, he coached for Terry Bowden at Auburn and later for Tommy at Clemson. He was a Heisman Trophy canidate himself at Texas TEch. Our former AD Steve Sloan hired him, gee, Why would Steve Sloan come to a school that couldnt beat a flag football team. But according to the intelligence level on this board, half of you idiots dont even know who he is. Coach Allison will right the ship.
I have never come here and acted like Chattanooga was a world beater, although they have finished in the top 25 of Div. 1 football, I believe in 1977 or 1978, Has Troy ever accomplished this? No they havent . As for your flag football beating Chattanooga, thats cute, I just hope they could cover Terrell Owens while he played at Chattanooga, Could he have made your little sissy flag football team? Do you have a former player that is the caliber of T.O.? Demarcus Ware is a great player, but when I turn on the tube they are usually talking about T.O.? Gee, I wonder why, because he is the best overall player in the NFL based on ability. I do not like the things he has done in the past, but he has straightened out. I have played Auburn, Alabama, Tulane, Georgia Tech, so I have actually lined up and played the game unlike most of you pansies. I had offers to North Carolina St., Utah St., Western Kentucky, Southern Miss., former Memphis St, so say what you want. I was offered the only full scholarship that was being offered by Troy, by then former coach Rick Rhoades. I will make it clear one more time, I have always pulled for Troy. I watched Tracy Hamm and Georgia Southern play at Troy in 84 or 85. I have watched Mike Turk run the Troy offense to perfection. I watched the Horstead boy from Elba run people over.I have watched Troy play Miss. College, Delta ST. , West Georgia, Valdosta St. and so on, so I know a little about Troy myself. I have watched Troy play Marshall,SE Lousiana,Missouri and I believe it was S. Florida about 7 or 8 years ago, Troy had to come from behind to win that game, I think S.Fl. had just started their program, all of these games from the Troy sidelines, you guys are die hard fans, how many of you have done that? And I can be on the sidelines anytime I want. I just dont have the time due to my winter deer hunting schedule,this is what I enjoy doing now. My old college head coach will possibly be named the General Manager of the Atlanta Falcons, although I have been out of the loop for a few days, Ive been off on a hunting trip with a few old buddies, one of them was a Troy star from 1986-1991. I mentioned this site to him and he said the former players that he knew did not like this board because of some of the members on this site. I told him that I would straighten you idiots out though.
I am from Coffee County and proud, so what its to you punk. Are you some loser from Elba or Kinston? I live in Dothan now and own a mulitimillion dollar company, that right baby, Im rich too...I piss away more money on deer hunting than most of you make in a year, Capitolism at its finest, I encourage all of you gutless cowards to take a chance and try to make some for yourselves.
Like me, love me or hate me, makes no difference to me, I am not trying to win a popularity contest. Okay, you little weiners. Have a nice New Year to all of you. Please be safe. I look forward to all of your idiotic and uneducated responses. Just please dont start the response to this post off like, "This one time at Band Camp"..................I know some of you posting have to be some of the tough guys from the band, you all definitely make me tremble..Please dont hurt me.

Buzz Lightyear
01-01-2008, 02:00 AM
I would like to wish you a happy and prosperous New Year as well. Come to think of it I wish me as much luck as you seem to have with your life. It seems thru hard work, maybe a little luck, and by the grace of God you have prospered. I can clearly see that you are pleased with your life and the intellect that God has given you. May you grow to learn where your gifts as well as mine truly emanate.

While some on this board have found your writings to pompous and self glorifying, I have found them to be purposefully bombastic to evoke the ire of the board. I believe them to be humerous hubris. So may you continue to and educate for we the simple minded and perhaps feeble minded do appreciate the enlightenment.

ksdtrojan
01-01-2008, 10:02 AM
one of them was a Troy star from 1986-1991. I mentioned this site to him and he said the former players that he knew did not like this board because of some of the members on this site. I told him that I would straighten you idiots out though.
I am interested in why the former players would not like some on this board. I must be blind because although we don't see eye to eye on every issue we are still Troy fans.

I am from Coffee County and proud, so what its to you punk. Are you some loser from Elba or Kinston?
I am from Coffee County as well.

And BTW, Happy New Year!

TrojanEmpire
01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Just to answer a couple of your post 1. The Citadel also beat South Carolina when Sparky Woods was the Coach 2. Furman beat Georgia Tech and North Carolina State also. The Mocs have beaten the Tennessee Vols along with others, can you say the same about your big brother Auburn or Bama? Sorry, no you cant.
And yes, the Ok. State was a great win for Troy, that was awesome. I am a big fan of the Ok. ST. head coach for taking up for his qb though a couple weeks after the game. A great win for the Men of Troy. I was very proud of them.
By the way, the Mocs fan board is www.mocfans.com feel free to visit. Our stadium is as nice as Troys, if not nicer. So dog us if you want, it makes no sense. Chattanooga had two or three head coaches move to SEC and ACC Head Coaching jobs and that hurt our program, but I have faith in our Coach Rodney Allison, he is Bobby Bowden disciple, he coached for Terry Bowden at Auburn and later for Tommy at Clemson. He was a Heisman Trophy canidate himself at Texas TEch. Our former AD Steve Sloan hired him, gee, Why would Steve Sloan come to a school that couldnt beat a flag football team. But according to the intelligence level on this board, half of you idiots dont even know who he is. Coach Allison will right the ship.
I have never come here and acted like Chattanooga was a world beater, although they have finished in the top 25 of Div. 1 football, I believe in 1977 or 1978, Has Troy ever accomplished this? No they havent . As for your flag football beating Chattanooga, thats cute, I just hope they could cover Terrell Owens while he played at Chattanooga, Could he have made your little sissy flag football team? Do you have a former player that is the caliber of T.O.? Demarcus Ware is a great player, but when I turn on the tube they are usually talking about T.O.? Gee, I wonder why, because he is the best overall player in the NFL based on ability. I do not like the things he has done in the past, but he has straightened out. I have played Auburn, Alabama, Tulane, Georgia Tech, so I have actually lined up and played the game unlike most of you pansies. I had offers to North Carolina St., Utah St., Western Kentucky, Southern Miss., former Memphis St, so say what you want. I was offered the only full scholarship that was being offered by Troy, by then former coach Rick Rhoades. I will make it clear one more time, I have always pulled for Troy. I watched Tracy Hamm and Georgia Southern play at Troy in 84 or 85. I have watched Mike Turk run the Troy offense to perfection. I watched the Horstead boy from Elba run people over.I have watched Troy play Miss. College, Delta ST. , West Georgia, Valdosta St. and so on, so I know a little about Troy myself. I have watched Troy play Marshall,SE Lousiana,Missouri and I believe it was S. Florida about 7 or 8 years ago, Troy had to come from behind to win that game, I think S.Fl. had just started their program, all of these games from the Troy sidelines, you guys are die hard fans, how many of you have done that? And I can be on the sidelines anytime I want. I just dont have the time due to my winter deer hunting schedule,this is what I enjoy doing now. My old college head coach will possibly be named the General Manager of the Atlanta Falcons, although I have been out of the loop for a few days, Ive been off on a hunting trip with a few old buddies, one of them was a Troy star from 1986-1991. I mentioned this site to him and he said the former players that he knew did not like this board because of some of the members on this site. I told him that I would straighten you idiots out though.
I am from Coffee County and proud, so what its to you punk. Are you some loser from Elba or Kinston? I live in Dothan now and own a mulitimillion dollar company, that right baby, Im rich too...I piss away more money on deer hunting than most of you make in a year, Capitolism at its finest, I encourage all of you gutless cowards to take a chance and try to make some for yourselves.
Like me, love me or hate me, makes no difference to me, I am not trying to win a popularity contest. Okay, you little weiners. Have a nice New Year to all of you. Please be safe. I look forward to all of your idiotic and uneducated responses. Just please dont start the response to this post off like, "This one time at Band Camp"..................I know some of you posting have to be some of the tough guys from the band, you all definitely make me tremble..Please dont hurt me.

you must be missing something in your life to have to come on here and tell us how wonderful you think you are

Hemi Man
01-01-2008, 11:05 AM
I also was born and raised in Coffee County, so does that make us equal? So if you are a Troy fan and own a multimillion dollar company we should be able to count on your donation to the Trojan Warrior Fund? That little donation should be nothing to you. Happy New Year my friend.

TrojanEmpire
01-01-2008, 11:18 AM

First of all it is capitAlism.

So you tell me your idea of fun is sitting in the freezing cold with deer urine on your clothes? Good for you.

BTW you have yet to educate us. You have given us your life story. Why do you feel the need to tell us. You act like we care. So please "educate" us on football or just go back to the moc message boards and telll them how wonderful you are

TrojanEmpire
01-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I also was born and raised in Coffee County, so does that make us equal? So if you are a Troy fan and own a multimillion dollar company we should be able to count on your donation to the Trojan Warrior Fund? That little donation should be nothing to you. Happy New Year my friend.

don't hold your breath

FWB Trojan
01-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Hey LowerAlabamaMocFan,

I'm from ELBA, I'm no loser, and I've made something of myself, but I had to get out of Elba first thou.

TSUWhiner
01-01-2008, 01:55 PM
1. Coffee County sucks and so do you
2. Yes I am a tough guy got a problem with that
3. you suck
4. this is your uneducated response..what are you going to do about it?
5. eat shat

Whiner

AirforceTrojan
01-02-2008, 01:06 AM
While I certainly would love to see the Trojans play Army or Air Force, I don't think service members flock to see the service Academy teams play anywhere. I'm stationed at Hill AFB in Utah. This year, Air Force played in Salt Lake City against the Utes and the base had a hard time selling 800 tickets to the game through the MWR office. Hill has a combined military and civilian workforce of 24,000 people, but less than a thousand traveled 30 miles down to Salt Lake to see the Falcons play and that was a Mountain West conference game. I didn't go because Troy was playing Florida on the ESPN gameplan that day. Most service members are loyal to their alma mater or the team they grew up cheering for. The Soldiers at Fort Rucker or the Airmen at Maxwell are only going to show up in Troy to watch their service academy team play if it doesn't conflict with their real favorite team playing on TV that day. We have a much better chance to draw big crowds in Troy if we court Southern Miss, USF, UCF, or other teams with a true fan base. Outside of Annapolis, MD, West Point, NY, and Colorado Springs, CO, Service academies have a casual fan base at best.

ksdtrojan
01-02-2008, 10:00 AM
While I certainly would love to see the Trojans play Army or Air Force, I don't think service members flock to see the service Academy teams play anywhere. I'm stationed at Hill AFB in Utah. This year, Air Force played in Salt Lake City against the Utes and the base had a hard time selling 800 tickets to the game through the MWR office. Hill has a combined military and civilian workforce of 24,000 people, but less than a thousand traveled 30 miles down to Salt Lake to see the Falcons play and that was a Mountain West conference game. I didn't go because Troy was playing Florida on the ESPN gameplan that day. Most service members are loyal to their alma mater or the team they grew up cheering for. The Soldiers at Fort Rucker or the Airmen at Maxwell are only going to show up in Troy to watch their service academy team play if it doesn't conflict with their real favorite team playing on TV that day. We have a much better chance to draw big crowds in Troy if we court Southern Miss, USF, UCF, or other teams with a true fan base. Outside of Annapolis, MD, West Point, NY, and Colorado Springs, CO, Service academies have a casual fan base at best.
I have never thought of the Academies in this light. This viewpoint makes sense.

Navarre Trojan
01-02-2008, 12:04 PM

is probably 'dead on' from Hill AFB, remember what is in Montgomery, Alabama.

ALL Air Force Officer PME (Professional Military Education - all members are required at each level of promotion), Air War College, Squadron Officers School, Col's Wives School, General's Wives School, etc., etc. and with that goes a GROUP LOAD of Air Force Academy Graduates which would absolutely help with ticket sales against Air Force.

Couple this with the number of 'fighter jocks' in and around Tyndall, Eglin, and Hurlburt in the Panhandle and in Columbus, Mississippi (isn't that a fighter training base?), I think you might find the numbers much better than against Utes, IMO.

The same can be said of Ft. Rucker and Ft. Benning and the number of West Point Graduates that live and around the Ft. Benning area (I believe it is the largest Army training facility in the world?), and two huge Navy bases with Pensacola and Jacksonville. Navy OTS along with their PME for Naval Officers and with part of the Atlantic Fleet in and around Jacksonville, I just think there are more than a few service members that would be interested, and I promise between Hurlburt, Eglin, Tyndall, Warner-Robins, Maxwell, Gunter, and MacPherson, there are 2 or 3 times as many Air Force civilians and active duty, not to mention the retiree population.

So maybe in Utah there was a challenge selling the tickets, but did the Utes market the base? Did the AFA? I just think it would be SO EASY to market this from Troy because the distance is easy to travel and there are already many, many in-roads to the bases, through the university, that we would have a tremendous turn-out. Much better 'visitor turnout' than USF or UCF. I just don't think those folks will travel like others may think, to Troy, nor us to Tampa or Orlando. I could be wrong.

Paul of Troy
01-02-2008, 12:10 PM

You are the most boring trash talker I have ever seen on here. And all of you should be ashamed. This person actually chooses to be a fan of the C.C. that is UTC. Not that Chattanooga isn't a great place (since I was born there) but that school is not exactly the greatest thing that ever happened to athletics on the face of the earth.

I don't care who you are or who you know. You're a tool. Congrats.